Skyrim

Started by Remedy, 2012 Apr 15, 00:13:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Can your follower or housecarl get arrested? I'm pretty sure they can't, but... My Lydia has disappeared a few times. The first time made me really mad because I knew she wasn't dead and I got attacked by thugs and nearly died, yet she was nowhere to be seen even after I fast traveled back to Whiterun and waited 4 in-game hours. She finally showed up while I was kicking things off the table in the Jarl's place.

Last time she disappeared, I decided to explore the jail while I waited for her to show up... and I found her in a cell. o_O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Malkies

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 16, 15:00:36
Can your follower or housecarl get arrested? I'm pretty sure they can't, but... My Lydia has disappeared a few times. The first time made me really mad because I knew she wasn't dead and I got attacked by thugs and nearly died, yet she was nowhere to be seen even after I fast traveled back to Whiterun and waited 4 in-game hours. She finally showed up while I was kicking things off the table in the Jarl's place.

Last time she disappeared, I decided to explore the jail while I waited for her to show up... and I found her in a cell. o_O

I've never seen or heard of this happening, but that's pretty funny lol
Actually, I've never even seen a housecarl leave the house unless they're following you...

Zygrograxgra

I just got some random idea for a challenge I call the Dohvakiin Challenge.
Play using the stuff the Dohvakiin used in the trailer on master difficulty. This means...
Be a Nord, wear Studded Leather Cuirass, Steel/Skyforge Steel Sword, Iron Helm, Banded Iron Shield, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Boots, any Shouts you want, any Heal over Time spells, and any Flames style spell.
You may upgrade/enchant however you wish though, and use potions and such.
I imagine this would be extremely difficult, so I'm going to try it at some point.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 May 16, 15:48:18
Play using the stuff the Dohvakiin used in the trailer on master difficulty. This means...
Be a Nord, wear Studded Leather Cuirass, Steel/Skyforge Steel Sword, Iron Helm, Banded Iron Shield, Iron Gauntlets, Iron Boots, any Shouts you want, any Heal over Time spells, and any Flames style spell.
I imagine this would be extremely difficult, so I'm going to try it at some point.

That's almost impossible at one point, you'll get destroyed by the falmer

Haned tom.

Challenge accepted.
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

lurk852

Quote from: Malkies on 2012 May 16, 15:09:35
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 16, 15:00:36

I've never seen or heard of this happening, but that's pretty funny lol
Actually, I've never even seen a housecarl leave the house unless they're following you...

Lydia secretly does all kinds of fascinating and illegal things when you're away.

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 16, 15:55:32

That's almost impossible at one point, you'll get destroyed by the falmer

Not at all. Thanks to the game's incredibly broken crafting system (i.e. create lots of "fortify smithing/alchemy/enchanting" buffs) it's possible to hit the armor cap and do ungodly damage even with nothing but iron/hide gear. (Source: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Armor#Armor_Cap ) If you add the restriction "no crafting", though, it would indeed be crazy hard.

Unrelatedly, I tried doing a run through the game with limited saving (e.g. only use autosaves created when switching areas) and it made the game a lot more tense and interesting, since death mattered. Has anyone tried a "hardcore" run, i.e. no reloading to avoid death? I'm kind of curious how that would pan out. I know the Nordrick guy tried it, but that was kind of a special case.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Parasprite

I decided to make my speech a little nerdier and try to learn a little bit on the dragon language.  X3 Shouldn't be to hard. Grammar is very similar to English.

Book Smarts

I use dragon language to make unique WoW character names,

One I came up with is called Ahdodovahs
which means,"Hunter of Dragons"

Chishio Kunrin

OH right! Guys! o_O You know when you kill the dragon that's attacking a watchtower, and then the Whiterun guards find out you're the dragonborn? I have subtitles on, and I swear, right when the dragon died, for a second, the subtitles said "Dovahkiin! No!" I was like "WHAT. What was that?!! Did he just... What?!!!"

lurk852

I noticed that too, but I'm not sure what to make of it; maybe he only just realized who the player was right before he died? And the "no" was along the lines of "oh crap, I'm screwed".

Book Smarts

It took me 4 playthroughs to finally figure out that the creepy voice that occurs when you reenter Whiterun after the first dragon was the graybeards sending out the message to invite me to high hrothgar  >.<

Chishio Kunrin

R-really..? Maybe it's because I've been watching someone's Let's Play of Skyrim (though I didn't realize what it was in the episode), but it took me a few seconds after they shouted. It happened, and I stood there like "whut. .... Wait. *Replays it in my mind* Ohhh. Dooovaaahkiiiiin!"

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 18, 17:58:28
R-really..? Maybe it's because I've been watching someone's Let's Play of Skyrim (though I didn't realize what it was in the episode), but it took me a few seconds after they shouted. It happened, and I stood there like "whut. .... Wait. *Replays it in my mind* Ohhh. Dooovaaahkiiiiin!"

First time I heard it, I wasn't thinking about what they were saying, I was just a little creeped out(probably made a fluttershy eep sound)

Zygrograxgra

When I heard it...
"DOOOOOHVAAAAKIIIIN."
Huh, looks like someone is calling me from that huge mountain.
Yeah, I knew where it was coming from.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

lurk852

Huh, now I feel incredibly dull. When I first heard it, my reaction was along the lines of "I wonder what that was. Well, probably nothing important!" Probably helped that I couldn't make out the actual word >_>

Goldenrod

Heh, I was playing with the game muted because I was school and the screen just started shaking for no reason lol
Then I ran around for 20 hourrs doing sidequests so when I got back on the main storyline I'd forgotten what was going on.

Book Smarts

Has anypony tried the new Skyrim connect features yet?

kremsly

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 23, 00:34:34
what do you by connect features as in xbox connect or a multiplayer mod?

Book Smarts

Quote from: kremsly on 2012 May 23, 11:21:34
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 23, 00:34:34
what do you mean by connect features as in xbox connect or a multiplayer mod?

I meant to say kinect  ono

Ozzy

I've been playing on a rather interesting character lately, a Redguard trader, his main skill trees are Speech, Enchanting and Illusion, it's a very challenging yet fun setup, when it comes to combat atleast :]
I think this is going to become my main character..

Go Up