Official "E3 2014 Discussion" Thread

Started by LostSanity, 2014 Jun 05, 17:57:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

2014 Jun 05, 17:57:12 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 05, 18:21:15 by LostSanity
I'm honestly quite shocked and surprised that no one else here has posted this yet. So, I've decided to do it.

E3 2014 begins Monday June 9th with the Sony Conference at 6 p.m. PST (which equals 9 p.m. EST)

What are you guys hoping to see/looking forward to/hoping for in general this year?

Also... feel free to report E3 2014 stuff in this thread as well. I won't do it because I don't have the time to report everything.

Here's what I'm hoping for/My "E3 2014 pipe dreams" list:

An official release date for Final Fantasy XV and a new trailer/an english dub trailer/more information

An official release date for Kingdom Hearts III and a new trailer/more information

More information/a better trailer/SOMETHING for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5

An official announcement/confirmation for Final Fantasy X-3

An official announcement/confirmation for The World Ends With You 2

But enough about what I want. What do you guys want/are looking forward to/want to see/are hoping to see?

Post anything and everything E3 related, including what happens once it begins in this thread.

Have fun.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Shadow Mare

GlassMirror

Rikaria

- More info on Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (an actual release date other than just "November" would be nice but optional)
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS release date (just "summer" isn't enough info)
- Super smash Bros. for Wii U release date (just "winter" isn't enough info) + its version's specific mode
- (Probably not gonna happen, but) An earlier release date for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, or if not earlier, an actual release date (all we know is that it'll come out next year)

A side note: Nintendo's livestream will happen on June 10 at 9 AM PDT/12 PM EDT (GMT -8/GMT -5, if I'm correct).
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Sakura_Blossom

So Exited! Need to know if any interesting games are announced this year!

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 Jun 05, 18:16:33
SUPER SMASH BROS AND XENOBLADE 2!
COMBINE THOSE! SHULK IN SMASH BROTHERS!!!
I'm back

Book Smarts

Final Fantasy XV (PC?)
Persona V

Surprises?  :D

Rikaria

According to a news article I found, there will be no FFXV or KH3 info. I'm not gonna link the site here, but I'll post the whole article instead:

QuoteNo Final Fantasy XV Or Kingdom Hearts III Info At E3 Says Square Enix

Famitsu.com posted a short interview with Square Enix's Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto earlier today, and SQEX.info were quick to translate it. In the interview, Hashimoto says that Final Fantasy XV will not be present at E3 this year.

When asked by Famitsu if information on Final Fantasy XV will be presented at E3, Hashimoto replied:

Well, first I'd like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year's E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV.

Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I'm looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.

Hashimoto also confirmed that information on Kingdom Hearts III will not be at E3 either. He told Famitsu: "We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer [for] KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out."

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Jun 06, 09:34:33
According to a news article I found, there will be no FFXV or KH3 info. I'm not gonna link the site here, but I'll post the whole article instead:

QuoteNo Final Fantasy XV Or Kingdom Hearts III Info At E3 Says Square Enix

Famitsu.com posted a short interview with Square Enix's Final Fantasy brand director Shinji Hashimoto earlier today, and SQEX.info were quick to translate it. In the interview, Hashimoto says that Final Fantasy XV will not be present at E3 this year.

When asked by Famitsu if information on Final Fantasy XV will be presented at E3, Hashimoto replied:

Well, first I'd like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year's E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV.

Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I'm looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.

Hashimoto also confirmed that information on Kingdom Hearts III will not be at E3 either. He told Famitsu: "We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer [for] KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out."

Yeah sorry I don't believe that.

The only way to know for sure is to wait for E3 to happen.

There's really no reason NOT to show those games at E3. If this happens I will be VERY disappointed. For those two games to not be at E3 is BS IMO.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Shadow Mare

2014 Jun 09, 12:29:04 #11 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 13:46:41 by Shadow Mare
Happy Wars is coming to Xbox One!!!!!!  :D

Post Merge

Conker in Project Spark

Post Merge

New Tomb Raider

AaronMk

2014 Jun 09, 16:23:56 #12 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 16:34:26 by AaronMk
No praise for Metal Gear Solid 5? Are we even trying.

Also, I'm mad the new Assassin's Creed game doesn't use French VAs. French nobility should not sound like posh British people! I don't care how hard King Henry claimed France or how much he perfered France over his island kingdom. But this isn't right!

Great job on the 18th century France though. 11/10 would not buy and will continue to wait until the inevitable moment we kill German Fascists.

And dat Battle Cry.

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Rikaria

Bit early, but I'm posting these ahead of time. Nintendo's livestream links:

http://e3.nintendo.com/
http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/treehouse
http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/nintendo-press-conference-2014/

Refer to this image to figure out what time it'll start for you:

Sakura_Blossom

I dont think i could watch any of it, sadly. My mom might object...

Rikaria

All I can say is: Nintendo totally won this year.

SO MANY GAMES I WANT, AHHHHHHHHHH!

AaronMk

2014 Jun 10, 13:27:21 #16 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 10, 13:35:59 by AaronMk
Nintendo:

gg Nintendo. gg.

Dead Island 2's trailer is full of hue though. Would post, but I think the mods would have a bigger heart attack over it than they would if I threw out the MGS5 trailer.

Sea Foam

It looks like one of those bad Mario ROM hacks.

If I'm going to be bad at level design, I'd rather not spend the cash when programs like lunarmagic and smbx let me be a terrible person for free.

Also, Kaizo Mario WiiU when?

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Sakura_Blossom

AaronMk

2014 Jun 10, 17:04:47 #19 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 10, 17:21:43 by AaronMk
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2014 Jun 10, 15:02:17

It looks like one of those bad Mario ROM hacks.

If I'm going to be bad at level design, I'd rather not spend the cash when programs like lunarmagic and smbx let me be a terrible person for free.

Also, Kaizo Mario WiiU when?

Is it wrong I want to see a romhack of this game?

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2014 Jun 10, 15:59:18
So anything good get announced?

Uncharted 4, New MGS5 Trailer (emphases on "New" and "Trailer" since we all knew this was a new thing for a while), Battlecry, Dead Island 2, and even if the Link re-design is terrible the new open world Legend of Zelda is nice.

And then there's Destiny.

And a first look at Far Cry 4.

And then there was the big one.

Go Up