The Persona Thread

Started by HunterOfTheDark, 2014 May 25, 13:18:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HunterOfTheDark

Hey all, I was just wondering how many ponies here have played any of the Persona games (Original through Persona 4). I ask, because I'm kinda looking for some opinions on the series, particularly Persona 2 and Persona 4.
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

LostSanity

I've watched Let's Play of the PSP remakes of the first two Persona games on YouTube and the PS1 version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on YouTube because the PSP remake was never localized (BOO!!!   >:/ )

I've also played Persona 3 FES "The Journey" and "The Answer"

Beating "The Answer" is STILL probably my BEST gaming accomplishment I've had yet.

I've also played Persona 4.

Ever since I found this series and started playing it myself...

I feel in love with it. I'm still in love with it.

It's like a combination of my two favorite things:

An RPG and an anime. WHICH IS AMAZING.

It's a REALLY good video game series IMO. But that's just IMO.

This series, unlike the Final Fantasy series, makes references to the other games/incidents too.

For example, there are Persona 1 characters in Persona 2 (both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment)

There are Persona 1 and Persona 2 references in Persona 3 and in Persona 4... the group even goes on a trip to the Persona 3 location.

This is NOT something that any other video game series does as far as I know, making it even more amazing and I why I love this series even more.

I am SO looking forward to Persona 5 to see what that game has in store for us.

Despite the naysayers, I'm hoping for some more Persona 5 information at E3 this year as nothing is known about it thus far except for the teaser trailer.  :'(

All of this is just IMO though.

But you wanted an opinion and now you have one. lol.
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

2014 May 26, 19:06:24 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 27, 20:33:06 by KirbyFluttershy
I've played P3FES and P4 on the PS2, but it's most likely that I played P4 first because the music just got me into the game. My 1st playthrough wasn't that bad except for some wipeouts. Shadow Mitsuo, Adachi, and Ameno-Sagiri were the painful bosses to deal with. My final party setup for my 1st playthrough was Yosuke, naoto, and Yukiko. During my Fight with adachi and ameno-sagiri, they just burned up my party's MP so bad so there was no rest at all, but I had to fuse some of the personas I have to make the ultimate personas, but i didn't have trumpeter to help me out so my best one was kohryuu and ishtar.

I haven't gotten that far on P3FES because obviously I used a NG+ from my brother's data, but I messed up on the social links.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

blobking156

Persona 4= Mah best favorite of all everytime.
That makes every sense.
Blame AlpacaJeen- I mean Superjeenius.
But i'm watching P3 now.

ChibiGrrl

I've played and beat Persona 3FES and most of Persona 4 on the Playstation 2.

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Persona 5!

Book Smarts

I'm going to be getting Persona 3 after beating Final Fantasy IV. It will be my first Persona experience so it will definitely be interesting because I have no idea what to expect.

Dr. Eggnog

Persona 3 is my favorite game of all time.  I like it even more than I like MLP, and Persona 4 is really good too.  I think every RPG fan should try out both games.  They're filled with great characters and are very addictive.
Spoiler: show
I love you.

The Stars

Kinda alternating between P4 and P3P, Mostly because I have no idea which one I should finish first! @.@ Although, I got myself into a bit of trouble on P3 because I've been trying to rush Tartarus so I can focus more on my social links.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

FlameandIce

as of now my greatest persona accomplishment was defeating the P3FES Reaper at lvl 82
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

LostSanity

Quote from: FlameandIce on 2014 Jun 28, 21:34:13
as of now my greatest persona accomplishment was defeating the P3FES Reaper at lvl 82

My greatest persona accomplishment to this day is still beating The Answer in P3FES.

That may not seem like much but trust me it is.

THAT THING WAS WAY TO HARD.

:l

The Stars

Well, you were playing as Aigis and not the MC :P
Heads up!

LostSanity

Quote from: The Stars on 2014 Jun 28, 22:08:30
Well, you were playing as Aigis and not the MC :P

Not exactly.

The difficulty was automatically "Hard" and there was no Persona Compendium like in the main story.

Some of the bosses were RIDICULOUS HARD AND DOWNRIGHT UNBELIEVABLY ANNOYING.

Don't even get me started on the amount of grinding you have to do in that part of the game either...

:l

FlameandIce

To be honest I didn't have too much of a problem with the answer then again I was playing on hard in the journey too X3 
RP idea give me feedback

HunterOfTheDark

Well, my greatest accomplishment pales in comparison to yours, considering it was merely finishing P3P. Man, I was rushing through Tartarus at the end of the game, trying to get to the top, so I was under leveled for the Nyx Avatar. Had to go level grind to lvl 68 before I was able to take her down.
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

FlameandIce

I was way over powered by the end after beating the reaper and getting Messiah at lvl 90 So the Nyx battle while fun was a little tedious for me X3
RP idea give me feedback

The Stars

XD The worst thing I realized that could happen in Persona 3 is if Mitsuru gives Nyx a full heal because she got charmed.
Heads up!

FlameandIce

worse part for me was  Makoto/Minato (whichever you prefer) and Aigis got charm she raised NYx's attack and Defense while Makoto/Minato used attacked the Ken with god's hand
RP idea give me feedback

The Stars

Thank Goodness I'm playing P3P... That problem would never happen!

Then I'm gonna have to switch to FES in order to play The Answer... :T Dangnabbit.
Heads up!

Book Smarts

Atlus sale currently running on PSN with Persona 3 for only $4 (PS3)

Go Up