Derpy and Doctor Whooves fangame.

Started by Rissian, 2013 Sep 28, 05:58:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2013 Sep 28, 05:58:20 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 28, 06:19:08 by Trege
Well I may as well ask here. I wanted to keep this project a secret longer. But we could use a bit of help with stuff.

This is a fangame project that aims to mix Doctor Who and MLP lore together. It's a more serious project than the parody project I was working on before. Anyways we could use a little help with this project I'll list what we're currently lacking after I give more details on the project itself. A gameplay video can say a lot about how the game will run so I'll post two of the latest videos I uploaded. We also have storyline elements planned already. Please take note this is barely a Pre-Alpha so a lot of stuff will change and be worked on.

Videos :
Non-Battle gameplay.

Octavia's Third Boss test. (WIP)
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

What we could currently use help with. :

Sprite Artists : We are currently using MLPO sprites which MLPO themselves have released for public use last I checked. Because of this however we are limited animation wise so we could use some help if any sprite artists can sprite in the same art style. In the least if we could get Doctor Whooves a cutie mark it'd help. But also we lack mobs currently without an artist. Such as various enemies to fight etc.

Sound effects designers. : Currently I'm using default sounds and freesound.org sounds. Having only these to use limits us a bit as well though sound won't stop gameplay elements from being added it will take away from the experience if we don't find some good sound designers.

Music : I can't say much about this so far all of our music is music other fans have made. I'm still in the process of contacting the authors for permission to use their audio. Which no demo release will occur unless we have permission from the authors if they don't want us using the music that's fine. We can always find some more and ask other authors.  ^-^ Anyways if any composers wanted to help with the project that'd be cool as well.

Texture Artists : If anyone wanted to help with this that'd be cool. Currently we're using Paper Mario 2 Textures
which is fine since it's a fangame and the style seems to fit well. But if anyone wanted to be a texture artist we would not turn them down as it'd be a big help.

Voice Actors : This is something we really need. I know LoE has tons of talented fan voice actors from browsing the sound section of the forum. I've already asked Keikoandgilly to voice The Doctor. He said he'd be willing to voice The Doctor but if anything comes up I may have to ask someone else though I'd prefer not to.

I've asked another fan VA to voice Derpy but she hasn't responded yet so I'm not sure if she will or not yet.

Anyways it would really help to have other fans voice the NPC's and such if anyone wants to try out just send me a PM or post it in this topic. Currently I want to ask Epic Wub Time VA's to voice Vinyl and Octavia but if they're too busy then other fans could voice those two if they wanted.

/////////
Storyline plans :
Currently the game is planned to have 7 chapters. All which will be like Doctor Who Episodes in that each chapter is a new adventure but still pertains to the overall story of the game. If we can we will add multi choice dialogue and even quests that affect the story if you complete them or ignore them. With this new dialogue system we have, it can easily be added it's just a matter of getting story scripts written. We will also be converting Doctor Who lore into a pony style. Such as Weeping Pegasi and Cyberponies. Like the Cybermen of Doctor Who.

Planned features and their status. :
Online co-op. P1 as The Doctor. P2 as Derpy. (Working but unstable and will not be released in game until much later due to that.)

A 7 chapter story. (So far it's coming along ok.)

Basic Gameplay. (Pretty much ready.)

Battle System Gameplay. (A very big WIP.)

A functional dialogue box. (Currently our dialogue box is a bit. Temperamental but it gets the job done we just have to fix its spacing issues.)

We have more stuff planned but I'm listing these for now. As we need to finish the current features before adding too many.

PS : We could really use a new HUD that one is kinda bad considering I can't even draw RPG boxes without them looking off.  X3

Also please forgive the many grammar mistakes this post contains.  ovO It's 4:58 AM my time and my grammar fades even more after midnight and I've had 3-4 glasses of Cherry Doctor Pepper.

But yeah if anyone wants to help you'd be added to the credits of the project we have a lot planned but not all of it is in this post.  If you need any details you can ask in the thread. I wanted to ask here since it's the main pony community I visit.

Go Up