Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Brick Stonewood

Well, after weeks of hard work and suspense, I am proud to announce that the Legends of Equestria writing auditions have officially come to a close! The other finalists are, once again, very likely to be called upon to join the team at a later date, but at this time, I would like to officially welcome our four new writers to the Legends of Equestria staff! The staff gives  a warm welcome to:

• Alextrazsa

• Nonnavlis

• Andrew Sean

• Virtus Invicta

And again, thank you to all who participated. It has been a lot of work for those of us judging, but it's well worth it to see such talent be added to our ranks. So, remember to congratulate our newest team members, and stay posted for more exciting news and updates from Legends of Equestria!

Your faithful administrator,
Bloomberg

Giggle Tail

2012 Jul 20, 16:44:02 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 20, 17:01:11 by Giggle Tail
YES!!!!  I've literally been eagerly waiting for this moment all week  :D

Now lemme just read over the rules and I'll get right to work!

EDIT: This sounds easy enough.  I definitely have the determination, and I at least know plenty of people who think I have the skill, so I'm up to the challenge!  Would the MLP screenplay I wrote a while back count as something I could submit?  Also, are we limited to one sample of our work, or could I send in more than one?
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Bon Bon

I just might send one in...  ovO
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the newborn moon? Or have you ever ask the grinning bobcat why he grins?

Spoiler: show
[move]

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Jul 20, 16:44:02

EDIT: This sounds easy enough.  I definitely have the determination, and I at least know plenty of people who think I have the skill, so I'm up to the challenge!  Would the MLP screenplay I wrote a while back count as something I could submit?  Also, are we limited to one sample of our work, or could I send in more than one?

I have added rule #4 in consideration of this post. Thank you for the reminder.

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 20, 17:03:53
Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Jul 20, 16:44:02

I have added rule #4 in consideration of this post. Thank you for the reminder.

No problem.  Now I just need to decide which of my works are the best to send in and then make absolutely sure they're 100% grammatically correct (aside from character speech patterns, obviously :P).

Giggle's OCs

PrincessButton

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44
Excluding the concepts mentioned in rule 2, any and all subject matters are accepted. It does not have to involve ponies, nor does it have to be entirely appropriate for children. I won't show your stories to anyone outside the team, and I won't judge based on whether or not I agree with the themes or opinions presented in the stories. If someone were to write me a fantastic essay on all the different reasons Bloomberg is a blathering idiot, I would accept it without hesitation.

I almost take this as a challenge..  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 20, 17:20:43
Excluding the concepts mentioned in rule 2, any and all subject matters are accepted. It does not have to involve ponies, nor does it have to be entirely appropriate for children. I won't show your stories to anyone outside the team, and I won't judge based on whether or not I agree with the themes or opinions presented in the stories. If someone were to write me a fantastic essay on all the different reasons Bloomberg is a blathering idiot, I would accept it without hesitation.

Oh, good, it wasn't just me who read that and immediately thought "must...resist....actually....writing such a thing...."  ovO

Giggle's OCs

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Jul 20, 17:22:35
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jul 20, 17:20:43

Oh, good, it wasn't just me who read that and immediately thought "must...resist....actually....writing such a thing...."  ovO

I'm not going to be partaking in this, but I actually do have an urge to do it so strong that I must get back to writing this suggestion for Starbound before I actually start.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Sonic Heart

I might probably throw something in, will need to proofread a lot  >.< . (english is not my main language)

A question, how long the poems, essay's, stories, need to be? I have a somewhat essay already posted somewhere on the internet, and if needed i will try to write more of it.

Tiger

I'm not much of a writer, but good luck to everyone else!  :D

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Princess_Luna

2012 Jul 20, 19:39:32 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 20, 19:48:25 by Princess_Luna
i just sent one in! im doing it for the fun... i dont care if i win or not :D but if i do, i will be happy!
in my email it says that my name is Grace
Rub some bacon on it.

Des Monty

Amontillado

Hello, I've been watching LoE develop for a while now and I'm eager to try and join the crew. I'll do my best and try not to crack under the INCREDIBLE pressure.

paintypalette

I'm only 14. Can i still apply? Writing is my hobbie!!!

Des Monty

Quote from: paintypalette on 2012 Jul 21, 02:03:04

You couldn't spell hobby right.. :s

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: paintypalette on 2012 Jul 21, 02:03:04

Well, you're still welcome to apply, but I would agree that when you do, you ought to watch that spelling rather closely. I'll be reviewing applications personally, and if I weren't a stickler for grammar, I probably wouldn't be Editor-In-Chief right now. That's not to discourage you from trying, of course.

Scoots

Question; Do you want every chapter posted, or is one chapter acceptable?

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Scoots on 2012 Jul 21, 05:10:58
Question; Do you want every chapter posted, or is one chapter acceptable?

Either will do nicely.

Hybrid

This shall be fun!

Good luck to all who apply! ^_^

Giggle Tail

So, just to clarify, can we only submit one example of our work, or could I send in both of the best examples I can think of if I want?

Giggle's OCs

Go Up