Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ThatCanadianDude

I suppose I should have asked this BEFORE I sent the e-mail, but what's the policy on works in progress? Not, say, something that's still in the editing phase, but something that's the first couple chapters of a story that is still underway?

WolframA

Quote from: ThatCanadianDude on 2012 Jul 21, 20:28:31
I suppose I should have asked this BEFORE I sent the e-mail, but what's the policy on works in progress? Not, say, something that's still in the editing phase, but something that's the first couple chapters of a story that is still underway?

I was curious about this as well, because I've only published one story so far, though I have a few in progress, so i planned to send excerpts of them and then another new project just for this
Sometimes life's just too uncertain to have regrets

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Jul 21, 20:20:53
So, just to clarify, can we only submit one example of our work, or could I send in both of the best examples I can think of if I want?
Quote from: ThatCanadianDude on 2012 Jul 21, 20:28:31

I will accept works in progress or multiple examples of work from first-round applicants, yes. The important thing is that it's enough for me to gauge your abilities as writers, and this can be done using as much or as little as you choose to give me, within reason. For instance, one sentence is probably not enough to fulfill this goal, unless you're very bad at this.

Tekner

To those who are wondering how much content to give Bloomberg, ask yourself this: "How long do I need it to be in order to convey my prowess of the English language?"As he's said many times, he doesn't care how much you give him. He's just looking for something to gauge your abilities with, so you need to be asking yourself that question, not him.

Hopefully Bloomberg doesn't mind my supererogatory interjection.

Lato_Dato

I have one question... How much time do we have for this?

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44
Submissions will be accepted until Saturday, July 28, at which time I will close the auditions, and I will announce the finalists soon afterward. If you are chosen, you will be expected to write a story with more specific criteria, which I will give you at the appropriate time.

I look forward to having my inbox flooded with applicants, and I wish you all the best of luck. I encourage everyone to have fun, try their hardest, and remember to proofread their entries.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

stygian

I believe with my life experience and many RPs across the board I have a good chance of making the cut. Expect an interesting short story!
What would Dash do....

FimFan14

What kind of dedication would be needed if we got in(how many stories, how often, etc.)?

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: FimFan14 on 2012 Jul 22, 09:17:10
What kind of dedication would be needed if we got in(how many stories, how often, etc.)?

Well, that's a bit hard to say. If a team member doesn't have much time to put in, I can be fairly accommodating, but I do require my team members to work in order to keep their positions, and I have let people go in the past for not doing their share of the work. I can't give you an exact figure that I would hold anyone to, as certain pieces of writing take much longer to finish than others, and quality always comes first.

KillerJH2

jpsheep

time to pick up my writing hands again  :P
god i want to be a part of this. :D
will work for something to do.
will draw, make music, write stuff, thats about it. :P

Arcane Wind

I created an account just so I could say: THANK YOU.  lol Definately gonna throw myself into it... It's actually 5 AM where I live right now and I've been up just writing away haha :D still have a lot of proof reading to do so... Imma get back to work... See y'all when the sun rises... Teehee :3

edock

I suppose you could say that I have been in a comatose state waiting for applicants to open up again.  :)

Best of luck to everyone.

Firefly

I noticed that the minimum age for all applicants was not stated, so may I ask what it is?
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

FimFan14

OK... I'm going to do this! I think that I am going to re-write a particularly bad WIP that I had on Fimfiction. Wish me luck, everypony, and same to anypony else who tries out. May the best pony(ies) win! :3

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Jul 23, 06:35:50
I noticed that the minimum age for all applicants was not stated, so may I ask what it is?

Well... you see, I kind of don't exactly... have one. I see this as being purely a matter of skill, and although a very young applicant is somewhat less likely to have the set of skills I'm looking for, I know there are many exceptions to that, and I don't want to put down a hard number for that reason.

Blues-Music

I'm 13 I write stories when i'm bored.I keep every single story I wrote in folders in my closet , and half of them are about ponies.Please this is pretty much the only thing I can do for the team.I love writing.

Sneaks

I cannot wait for the results!

Also did you get my second Email with my fixed version contest admin? That is my real entry for the contest.

Rainbrodash

First off hello everyone. This is my first time posting on these fine forums. I would just like to say that I have submitted an application as well.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Rainbrodash on 2012 Jul 23, 18:50:56
First off hello everyone. This is my first time posting on these fine forums. I would just like to say that I have submitted an application as well.
Um...You should say that in the introduction thread except the application part.

Go Up