How have you changed over time?

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2013 Jul 03, 10:14:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

I'm not talking physically, I mean mentally. General mood, personality, opinions, and so on.

Personally, I find myself having taken some weird turn. I have an outright absurd obsession with equality. At the same time, I hold everyone so low in opinion it's kind of scary. I've gone from a people lover to a hater of humanity, yet I still hope for the best of what we can do. I'm not exactly a pessimist, but I'm not the inane optimist I used to be. I'm more aggressive, wrathful. Grudges are constantly in my head, they ruin my ability to focus and sleep. Rather than being full of joy when nobody is around, during that time I'm usually feeling like some blank, unfeeling person. The moment somebody comes near, I spring to 'life' with joy and silliness, but once they leave it's back to just hate and sadness.
However, it's not all bad. I've become more serious, and thus can understand reality better. I have more real goals. I can value the times when I'm happy much more. I wouldn't say I improved, far from it. But when I do hold someone, do spend time with friends, it's no longer just more fun. It's actually a moment I care about. To show emotion is no longer something I always do, I'm not the firehydrant when crying anymore. I'm not over reacting to everything. I can cherish the times of love, joy, sadness. I can accept that people are evil now, and love when they do good. Rather than thinking of just the here and now, my insatiable desire for entertainment, I can actually look ahead and behind.

How about you? How do you feel you've changed over your life?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Bravo 658

I've learned to simply not worry about reality; I just try to smile, follow orders, and leave the worrying to somepony else.  I have to leave it at that, though, or I'll be breaking a forum rule. x3

a Pegasus Pony

I've grown out of my immature stage and always set my mind towards other people instead of my own gain.

Blues-Music

I've grown a hatred towards humanity for the past several decades. Why do you ask?

Night Pony

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Sea Foam

Over the past number of years, my view on people as a whole and as a race has grown exponentially with disdain and contempt. However, despite my misanthropic outlook, I remain partially optimistic on the views of the individual.
     I like the individual; the person I can talk with and relate, but I can not stand nor tolerate the race and the being of man.
I like solitude and only wish the best for those around me. I do not wish harm on anyone around me, even those who I don't agree with or even those who may have hurt me.

This is how I used to think, and is how I think now, save for one major change.

I've learned not to take these views as seriously as I used to. I've learned to put down the misanthrope in me whenever it gets in the way of my life. I am not ashamed of thinking this way, in fact I'm absolutely fine with it. But will will not let it become a detriment to my personal progression. I don't take myself that seriously, or much else for that matter unless it befits me to do so.

Nice words to live by:
     "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

TCDubstep

Over the last year or so I've turned into a robot. In the sense that I normally don't feel emotion, wether good or bad. I've become good at things I don't like doing, such as lying, theft and other things. Before school got out, every day I would get up, drink coffee and slap on a fake smile for the day. I did make some good friends this last year or so. But I don't trust others as much as I used to.

I personally don't like the way humanity is going. I judge people by what they do and how they act, not by stereotypes. I also am constantly observing what others are doing around, not to be aware, but to use it as leverage later, most of this is unconscious.

As my friend Caleb once said: "Don't listen to the other idiots, they just don't understand how people work."

While I can't say I like the mental changes I've gone through, I can't say I dislike them either, as they have helped me grasp reality better.

Enstramentall

I've become a very dramatic person who's paranoid and very unsure about her future. I want my life to be a good thing, but the ways of the world have gotten to me more often then not, and I find myself scared all the time. People's harsh words have gotten to me, mostly about my weight and the beauty standards of the world, and I've found myself with battling the urge to become bullimic. I have relatives whose figures and amount of friends make it seem that the prettier you are, the more friends you have. It hurts, and I find myself feeling less than unpleasent after spending time with those individuals or groups. I feel akward in big groups of people, being the biggest in some instances.

On a lighter note, I've become more willing to help others. I enjoy working around my house now, and helping people gets my mind off of things.

I've also grown as a performer, letting my voice and my music speak my words and tell the stories of my troubles and my joys. I avoid as many slow, sad songs as possible, because I don't like the emotions most slow songs bring on. The songs through my day are some of the things that keep me the most uplifted.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning how to dance in the rain."
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Flamestriker

Well, I know I've become less open as years went by. I now tend to keep my feelings and my opinions to myself. I used to be extremely talkative.
[move][/move]

Tiger

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jul 04, 02:52:36
Well, I know I've become less open as years went by. I now tend to keep my feelings and my opinions to myself. I used to be extremely talkative.

This right here.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

Well, when I was younger, I was bullied and then ended up mostly ignored by the majority of my fellow students. So, of course I ended up depressed and angry. I didn't like people and society very much. It kinda went downhill from that, but I'd rather not explain in what way. Those were pretty dark times.

Eventually, as cheesy as it sounds, friendship helped bring me out of that funk. During the middle ground between the dark times and my recovery, I did a lot of philosophical thinking. I had matured, and I had begun thinking more deeply about myself, people around me, society, religion, etc.

It wasn't until sometime late last year that I really, really let go of and moved on from things from the past that would still hurt me. I think it's still possible for them to hurt me, but it's a lot harder for that to happen now. Now, I'm a lot happier than I used to be. Generally, I've gotten better, and I think less about the past.

There are some things in my past that I can't think about because I don't even remember them, anyway. X3 Some time after kindergarten, my memory of kindergarten completely blanked out. I'm not entirely sure, but I may have also forgotten first grade. I would say that it's just one of those things where, when you're older, you don't remember a lot of the stuff from childhood anymore, if it weren't for the fact that some of my memories of elementary school point to me not remembering back then, too.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

todiwan

I could pretty much write a book on this topic. So much has changed, in such a relatively short period of time. Kind of similar to some experiences in this thread.
If you like science, ponies, inspirational speeches and things that make sense, feel free to check out my [glow=blue,2,300]tumblr[/glow]!

HerpyDooves

In the past few years, I started looking at life in a completely different perspective, leading me to wanting to become a self-taught philosopher.

Blues-Music

I started hating people way more easily. Normally i'd like a person before I would meet them , but right now if the first impression is messed up I begin to despise them. There are a few people who I do not want dead though so that.

Darkangel

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jul 04, 02:52:36

This.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Cotton Ball

I've changed alot since the start of elementry school.  I was talkitive then now I'm sorta kinda quiet.
Personally my liking to ponies from when I was a baby did teach my friendship. Every year since then I've learned friendship really is magic.  Because true friends will always stay with you
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Firey

Ever-since I was sent away from my family to do college,
I've moved myself to do more studying rather than playing games most of the time.
I've also become more calm with things and I just go with the flow now.

(I'm still a silent guy though)[/size

I think this college thing has done a lot for me. I thank my parents   ^-^
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Explolguy

I think it's safe to say most people grow more wary and aren't as open to others naturally as time goes on. Of course, some more so than others.

On top of that though, I find that I don't empathize or sympathize with others very easily. I find that I care about myself far more than I do other people. That doesn't apply to my closest friends though, who I would do anything I could for. But people in general, I tend to simply not care about.

I've grown a lot more bitter and resentful as I've aged. I've been screwed over too much in my life, and have adapted as such. I frequently suffer from depression which I medicate with copious amounts of alcohol, and I shut myself away from the outside world because I would rather keep to myself. That said, with my own interests involved, I carefully plan out my future, making sure every step of the way has a plan B in case I need something to fall back on. I really don't care who I hurt along the way, as long as I can make my goals.

I have no problem lying and manipulating others. I can do it with a straight face and make others believe every word I tell them. The upsetting thing is that I'm proud of it. I'm proud that people are so malleable.

But like I said, I don't do such things to my best and closest of friends. I like them far too much.

No

Pipkin

The absolute biggest change for me is my sociability.  When I was younger I hated being near people and I wanted nothing to do with making friends, because of ....issues i've had with people in the past which I wont go into detail with.  I had serious trust issues as well because of that.  But lastly, i was slowly spiraling into depression in late 2008, but work was mostly to cause this.

Of course, my latest change happened when I started watching MLP, which I started watching around when season 2 episode 4 aired, and even more so when I connected to these forums.  A year ago you wouldn't catch me dead in a skype group.  Now talking to friends is more of an addiction to me, which is kinda why i'm always on the forums and on skype.
Thinking back on it, I officially joined the forums on July 24th, 2012, quit my job the following week, and I haven't had an "episode" since.

Go Up