Idea for protecting fan works

Started by Windsplit, 2013 Feb 23, 12:28:01

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Windsplit

I just had an idea recently on a possible way to stop Hasbro's sudden having to take down/cease&desist fan works. What if we could convince them to creat a sort of side sector within Hasbro for volunteers, like make fans a part of the company, but not for profit. Because they'd be a part of Hasbro, things like Legends of Equestria won't be against copyright laws. They could call it Fanguilds or something. I don't know too much about laws, and I'm terrible at writing letters, so I don't know how to get such a thing across to Hasbro >..< What do you guys think?

Blues-Music

It's a good try , but it will never work.
First off the idea will not increase the companies income , and the only reason to work is to earn money. It can also be used to steal hasbro products , and secretly make money off of them. Besides some people will only use it to make terrible things to make hasbro look bad.

I like that you're trying to stop it , but sadly the only way is to not add anything hasbro copyrights.

McSleuthburger

im not sure I fully understand
do you want Hasbro to let a specific group of volunteers (ones Hasbro picked out?) to make a game under Hasbro

if that is what you mean, it wont happen for various reasons
- why would Hasbro take the time / effort to develop something if they would not make money off of it
- Hasbro would want to have a large hand in what would be going on, so most people would do what a few at the top say to do (not alot of creativiness would go into it)
- if it is all volunteers then most likely you are not going to get the best work / fastest work so things will take much longer and Hasbro probably doesnt want to sit around all day waiting for a few random people to get done with their work

-Trademarks and Copyrights can be very complicated, I would suggest before you write / mail any ideas to Hasbro (if you do) that you read over them carefully so you know exactly what you are taking about
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Book Smarts

The volunteers would be under a lot of legal red tape, it just wouldn't work out   :c

Go Up