Doom 3 BFG Edition

Started by Shadow Mare, 2012 May 31, 13:25:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Shadow Mare

2012 May 31, 13:25:37 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 01, 16:19:30 by Remedy
WARNING! DOOM RELATED STUFF HERE!
Spoiler: show
Putting a warning doesn't stop it from breaking the rules. Check 1-3.4 for details.

I'm gonna wet myself from playing this...  D:

Book Smarts

I still have Doom 3, I just couldn't play it when I was younger, maybe I can take the horror now  :(

Zygrograxgra

I would have beaten Doom 3 by now, but the only computer that can play it lags quite a bit when doing so, regardless of the settings.
But this is...
DX
If I don't get it for buying to idSuperPack (Stupid Rage) then I'ma be ragey. Stupid Steam.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

daswed

2012 May 31, 15:55:45 #3 Last Edit: 2012 May 31, 15:58:43 by daswed
Doom 3 is a great game, and I love it, but I think that Doom 1 & 2 are the best games in existence. They should remaster them instead.

Maybe it´s just me, but I don´t find games or movies scary at all, when I play doom I just feel the need to cut monsters to pieces with a chainsaw.

Ozzy

Quote from: daswed on 2012 May 31, 15:55:45
Doom 3 is a great game, and I love it, but I think that Doom 1 & 2 are the best games in existence. They should remaster them instead.

Maybe it´s just me, but I don´t find games or movies scary at all, when I play doom I just feel the need to cut monsters to pieces with a chainsaw.

I thought Doom 3 was a remake of the first Doom, but then again I could always be wrong

(Also, that video is going to removed by mods I suspect, just a heads up.  :P )

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 17:29:45

I thought Doom 3 was a remake of the first Doom, but then again I could always be wrong

Why?

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2012 May 31, 19:07:53
Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 May 31, 17:29:45

Why?

Blood, gore, violence, chainsaw, demons from hell, guns, etc.
Oh, and Doom 3 is basically the first Doom made when Doom 3 was, how it would've been done.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

I recommend putting the video behind a spoiler with a warning about the violence, if the mods delete it, they have final say  :0

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 31, 20:20:03
I recommend putting the video behind a spoiler with a warning about the violence, if the mods delete it, they have final say  :0

Better?

Book Smarts

daswed

Doom 3 is basically Doom 1 with a story in it.

Thunder Jet

Doom 4 is a remastered version of Doom 1&2.
Make Doom 3
Sell Doom 3
Make Doom 4
Sell Doom 3 o_o
I used to play Ultimate doom...when I was 5. (The hardest of em all.)

On topic.
Man, why did I just buy the first doom 3 and not the remastered?
It gives me horrors...

daswed

Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2012 Jun 01, 12:45:47
Make Doom 3
Sell Doom 3
Make Doom 4
Sell Doom 3 o_o

On topic.
It gives me horrors...

I think Doom 2 is waaaaay harder than doom 1, just because of these things

They shoot lost souls at you, and if you face many of them, the whole room will be filled with lost souls.

Shadow Mare

Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 01, 13:02:54
Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2012 Jun 01, 12:45:47
Make Doom 3
Sell Doom 3
Make Doom 4
Sell Doom 3 o_o

On topic.
It gives me horrors...

I think Doom 2 is waaaaay harder than doom 1, just because of these things

They shoot lost souls at you, and if you face many of them, the whole room will be filled with lost souls.

The one that sets you on fire and makes you explode is worse. It brings his buddies back to life!

Thunder Jet

Ulitimate doom had 30 of those things that fire souls, 30 acrhvilles, the one that set you on fire, and 30 cyber demons, all in 1 level.

Godspeed

videogamehunter

Doom 3. Yeah I got the special edition. That came with the original doom. Both original and 3 were good games. I didn't find them scary but it was sure fun to play.

Book Smarts

I have Doom for the Xbox 360 and the most interesting thing about it, is that the developers decided to put in 4 player multiplayer and xbox live support  o.O.

That's just silly

daswed

Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2012 Jun 01, 17:56:14
Ulitimate doom had 30 of those things that fire souls, 30 acrhvilles, the one that set you on fire, and 30 cyber demons, all in 1 level.

Godspeed

I don´t know which copy of Ultimate Doom you played, but archviles and pain elemental aren´t in the first doom, and there´s only 2 cyber demons tops, if that level existed, nopony would be ably to finish it, not even on the lowest difficulty setting, and I´ve finished the first doom on the second hardest, nightmare is just too much.

Book Smarts

I found a mod that changes the chainsaw into a boombox that plays Never Gonna Give Up whenever it's used. The enemies can't take a harmless rick roll   B)

Thunder Jet

2012 Jun 02, 10:14:57 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 02, 10:47:40 by Thunder Jet
Quote from: daswed on 2012 Jun 02, 02:33:52
Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2012 Jun 01, 17:56:14

Godspeed

I don´t know which copy of Ultimate Doom you played, but archviles and pain elemental aren´t in the first doom, and there´s only 2 cyber demons tops, if that level existed, nopony would be ably to finish it, not even on the lowest difficulty setting, and I´ve finished the first doom on the second hardest, nightmare is just too much.

It was first called Ulitimate Doom...but that was changed for the name of Doom 1.
I'll try to find the name for now...

Final doom
Go 2 it.

Also.
Go 4 it.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP32:_Go_4_It_(Plutonia_2)

Go Up