Next Pumpkin's Pumpkin Patch Pony Camp Out: New date to be announced

Started by Pumpkin Glow, 2018 Apr 29, 14:38:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Pumpkin Glow

(EDITED for the upcoming event!)

(Pic by Psykai/Gloomy Feathers)

Hello everypony!  ^-^

I want to hold another little campfire event.

Just some relaxed hanging out with friends around an imagined campfire, telling spooky campfire stories, roasting marshmallows and enjoying each other's company.

The location will be the pumpkin patch in the heartlands

On Saturday, 16th of June at 7pm Greenwich Mean Time (You can check the time here: https://time.is/GMT )

Server: Amareicas

It's easy to find. Just exit Ponyville to the North and then follow the map below.  ^-^

We have picked a spot that is save from random wandering monsters, so everypony can come, no matter their level.

If you are lower level you can travel on the path shown on the map and should be able to arrive at the campsite in one piece.

In character Info:

You have received mail from Pumpkin Glow.
It's a scroll with purposefully burned edges, held closed by a purple ribbon and decorated
with little ghost, bat and pumpkin stickers.
It also releases a small cloud of purple and green glitter, as you unwrap it.

The scroll reads:

"Hey there!

If you read this you have been invited to my Spring Pumpkin Patch Pony Camp Out.

Where we will spend the night around a nice, cozy fire, tell spoooky campfire stories,
roast various snacks and hopefully don't get eaten by monsters!

Just kidding, it will actually be quite save... well I hope.

I am sure it will be fine!

Anyway, please bring your own sleeping bag and some extra snacks and apple cider can't hurt either.

I will be supplying a bubbling cauldron of hot chocolate and leftover Nightmare Night candy for everyone though.
Most of it is still chewable.
So no pony will have to starve, in case they forget their snacks!

Also everypony is welcome to tell a spooky campfire story.

So if you know a good one don't be shy and share it with us.

See you at the Pumpkin Patch!

Kind Regards

Pumpkin Glow

Ps: Pumpkin Pie gave me permission to camp on their land, as long as everypony behaves.
So please refrain from littering, damaging pumpkins (or anything really!), and general roughhousing!"

Out of character info & rules:

Once the event starts everything will be happening in character, so if you are new to roleplaying
think just a tiny bit about what makes your oc your oc beforehand... hoof.  :P  
But most importantly just relax and have a good time.  ^-^

We will try and have a little, friendly introduction round in the beginning, so everypony knows at least a bit about everypony else. ^-^

Please refrain from Candy Showers and similar disruptive skills during the camp out.  X3
(Exception is guiding ponies to the location, but then please don't do it right on everyponies heads.  ;)  )

This is a quite stationary event without a big plot to follow.
It basically lives from ponies getting into a nice campfire mood and telling stories.

Everypony is encouraged and welcome to tell a spoooky campfire story.
Only rule here is to please keep the story PG, cause that's the official rules and also spirit of LoE.  ^-^
(So no gore, excessive killing, graphic violence, etc. )

If you want to tell a story you can just tell me at the event.
I will be making a list of every pony with a story in the order ponies speak up about wanting to tell one.

I myself will prepare at least one story and if for some reason there shouldn't be enough storyteller ponies we might have a collaboratory group story, where everypony adds a sentence to it, in a clockwise order around the fire.

It's completely voluntary though .  ;)

Also it's ok to just come by to hang out and watch, as long as you are not disruptive.  ^-^

And lastly a nice campfire video, to have on in the background during the event, for immersion purposes.  ;)  

Holiday Cheer

This is beautiful.  Getting pretty excited to participate in this!

I would advise though that monsters do spawn in the pumpkin patch and there's cockatrices nearby that tend to wander.  So it's not exactly a safe place unfortunately.  But very thematic. 

I'll be happy to help in any way I can. :D

(This wonderful picture is provided by Even Tide <3)

CMC Scootaloo

This sounds amazing! Camping! I'm going to be there for sure! 0:)
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Hallow Night

Sounds great pumpkin horse. Ill try to make it. Hope I see you there X3

Pumpkin Glow

Awesome! I am really looking forward to it and seeing you all there myself.  ^-^  <3

QuoteI would advise though that monsters do spawn in the pumpkin patch and there's cockatrices nearby that tend to wander.

You are right, Holiday.  ^-^

I did some scouting there today though and I thiiink I have found a good and save spot.
Which is pretty much the green at the southern end of the pumpkin patch, closer to the farm buildings.  ^-^

I ran around the whole place for quite a while and checked where I would get jumped.  lol
And there certainly is at least one very ANGERY cockatrice roaming the northern side to middle of the pumpkin patch.  :o
The ol' doggos luckily mostly hang back a little bit more.

But yeah said spot should be save for everyone.
We will still keep an extra eye on all of the lil' ones of cause!  ^-^

Cogsworth Wingthrop

There is another spot that might work also.

As you enter the Heartlands from Cantermoor, follow the path to Midway village, but before you cross the third bridge turn left and follow the river, there is a little island that has a campfire and tents. I have never seen anything else on it.

Hope that helps.
Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

My other alt. Knight Ranger, aspiring Lunar Guard  Bat Pony

chervani

oo this sounds fun! Libra or Peachy song will be there, whichever i'm on at the time :)
I'm from one of the last OSW before the main release! If you recognize me, feel free to send me a PM, i'm always looking forwards to reconnecting :)

CMC Scootaloo

2018 Apr 30, 08:06:28 #7 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 30, 15:05:29 by CMC Scootaloo
@chervani

I would love to meet Peachy Song, her name reminds me on Peach Fuzz. <3
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Pumpkin Glow

I am super happy that so many ponies are actually interested in this.   <3  ^-^

QuoteAs you enter the Heartlands from Cantermoor, follow the path to Midway village, but before you cross the third bridge turn left and follow the river, there is a little island that has a campfire and tents. I have never seen anything else on it.

Thank you, I will have a look at it at some point!  ^-^

Might still stick with the pumpkin patch in the possible future, cause it's easy to find and PUMPKINS.   :P  

Cogsworth Wingthrop

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more. Nikola Tesla

My other alt. Knight Ranger, aspiring Lunar Guard  Bat Pony

CMC Scootaloo

Quote from: Pumpkin Glow on 2018 Apr 30, 10:16:10I am super happy that so many ponies are actually interested in this.   <3  ^-^

I am, too, camping is awesome! 0:)

QuoteMight still stick with the pumpkin patch in the possible future, cause it's easy to find and PUMPKINS.   :P

Did I mention how happy I am that it happens in a field full of pumpkins?^^ I like pumpkins, too, not to eat, but for carving out on Nightmare Night! 0:) <3

Pumpkin Glow

QuoteDid I mention how happy I am that it happens in a field full of pumpkins?^^ I like pumpkins, too, not to eat, but for carving out on Nightmare Night!

I am sure we are both equally looking forward to the actual Niiightmaaare Niiight Pumpkin Patch Pony Extra Spooky Camp Ouuut later this year then!  :D

(Which clearly is still a while... but nevertheless!  X3  )

CMC Scootaloo

We definitely do! 0:) Although, in that case, I would put my vote in to make one at the graveyard too. You know, for the extra spookiness. <3 0:)

Pumpkin Glow

I have some classified information about the existence of rough plans that involve the graveyard around Nightmare Night.  ;)  ^-^

CMC Scootaloo

Classified, huh? Careful that they don't end up on "Pony Leaks" then. =P I look forward to this! 0:)

chervani

I may be about an hour late unfortunately, but hopefully some of you will still be around!
I'm from one of the last OSW before the main release! If you recognize me, feel free to send me a PM, i'm always looking forwards to reconnecting :)

Pumpkin Glow

2018 May 03, 21:58:28 #16 Last Edit: 2018 May 03, 22:11:08 by Pumpkin Glow
It's currently 3:42 am here and I just logged off LoE. I am stupidly tired but also really reaaally happy.  ^-^

Before I fall into bed I need to say a BIG THANK YOU to everypony who came to the camp out!

This has been the biggest group I have ever attempted a roleplay event with.
And tho I got confused with lots of chat going on at times, it all worked out really well in the end.

And that's 100% thanks to all of you!  ^-^

And here are some special thanks to:

Even Tide - For sticking around with me for three hours before the event and distracting me from being kinda nervous, by showing me secret places in the Everfree Forest and also for taking pictures of the event and helping directing ponies to the location.

Holiday Cheer - For being Holiday, encouraging me to actually hold the event, helping ponies to savely get to the location and also being a caring and reassuring voice in my /w

Also to everypony who contributed a spooky campfire stooory:

Spectral, Blue, Scoots and Slash

(Did I forget anyone? I feel like there was another story? But my tired brain is kinda shutting down and I can't trust my notes.  :o  So please somepony tell me, if I forgot a storyteller.  X3 )

Aaand of cause I am looking forward to hearing the stories from Holiday and Dawn at the next camp out!  ;)

Dawn sadly had to leave and I was already about to faint in rl at the end when Holiday was up and would prefer to actually be awake for a Holiday spooky story.  ^-^

Last thing for now: I will announce the next Pumpkin Patch Pony Camp Out soonish. So keep an eye on this thread. And I will most likely also yell about it in LoE at some point.  X3  ;)

CMC Scootaloo

The camping trip was a huge success! 0:) Five awesome ghost stories, tasty cocoa and a spine-tingling atmosphere on the dark pumpkin patch in the middle of the night! I will definitely come again and bring my friend Dinky with me the next time! 0:) <3
Here are two of my photos I made during the event:

Pumpkin Glow starts telling her spooky story.

After Spectral Spirit told the second ghost story. Holiday Cheer has fallen prey to the pumpkin ghosts before Spectral began to tell her story and got turned into a pumpkin.

Even Tide

It was a brilliant time! I had to leave early due to feeling unwell, but I'll post my photos as soon as I get a free moment today. <3

Thanks again for hosting the brilliant event!

Holiday Cheer

I think you got all of the stories.  I was quite impressed with them and just let me give a quick list for those who missed it and want to know what sort of spooky stories ponies tell:

Pumpkin Glow: The Vanishing Scarecrows: Pumpkin's story was of how the whole area we were camping on was a burial site for ancestor ponies who now inhabit the bodies of any scarecrows placed on the land.  The scarecrows wander away and turn any ponies who stray from the fire's light into pumpkins.  (I should know).

Spectral Spirit: Nighttime Guest: Spectral is tired from a long day of hunting ghouls in the forest and she sets up a campsite to get some rest, complete with a mounted camera to record any visitors that might come near in the night.  When she gets the film developed, she finds that she has had an unexpected visitor who filmed her while she was sleeping.

Blue Cloud: An Equestria Haunting: Blue Cloud finds his family's home is haunted by a mysterious spirit and tries everything he can think of to get rid of it and save his family.  Eventually he is forced to seek the help of the Royal Princesses in dealing with this malevolent guest.

Scoots: Petunia's Discovery: Scoots told us the tale of a filly named Petunia who the CMCs had helped find her true calling as an archaeologist.  But when she discovered a mysterious skull, it was not a pleasant experience for her family and ended with Petunia vanishing without a trace, appearing as a pair of glowing red eyes in the darkness seeking other foals to join her.

Bubblegum Slash: The Farmer: Slash gave us a grisly tale of a farmer who had gone insane and ended the lives of his own family before being held accountable for his crimes by the other stallions of his village.  Now his spirit roams the woods searching for new victims.  This one was NOT for the faint of heart.

Again I'd like to thank Pumpkin for organizing this and for giving us all such an interesting and fun experience.  I only hope that we can keep doing these because it really brings out the best in ponies both creatively and as a group of friends!

(This wonderful picture is provided by Even Tide <3)

Go Up