P.O.N.I. Headquarters

Started by Holiday Cheer, 2018 Feb 07, 12:59:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Holiday Cheer

2018 Jul 08, 16:30:43 #100 Last Edit: 2018 Jul 23, 09:41:20 by Holiday Cheer
From the meeting we had earlier today here is the information you need to know on the Equestria Games.  Please vote in the poll to help us set the week of the Games.

The Games will kick off with an Opening Ceremony where the winners of the Photo Contest will sit on the Thrones and any Foals that want to perform a flag ceremony to earn points for their team will be given the chance to do that.  We will welcome everypony to the Games and lay out the event schedule.

The existing teams as of right now are Ponydale and Cloudopolis but we would like at least one more and you can join any of the existing teams too. 

The events for the Games with maps of the routes are shown below, note that the Unicorn Teleport Race will be one of two courses and the final has not been determined yet:

All-Team Events:

Heartlands Relay Race
Stick to the paths, no bunny hopping or shortcuts. Race will start and end at Midway Village. First pony will run to the second pony, second to the third who will complete the race. Each pony will be a different species, IE earth, pegasus and unicorn in that order.

I feel that this one needs some clarification.  The race was intended to be run as follows:

1. Earth Pony on foot to the wheat farm area.
2. Pegasus on wing following the roads to the Cloudopolis gates.
3. Unicorn on foot or teleports back to Midway.

No shortcuts, bunny hopping, performance enhancing items, or other cheating.

[/url]

Heartlands Cross-Country Race
A one-lap free-for-all race around the Heartlands against everyone else, win points for yourself and for your team by finishing first, second or third.

[/url]

Heartlands PVP Pillow Tag
Two teams face off in the PVP arena and 'tag' eachother with pillows. If someone is tagged, they're out. Last team standing wins.

Earthie Events:

Crystal Kingdom Hoof-Race
Two laps of the outer ring, stay on the road, don't use the sidewalks. Staying on the sidewalk for longer than 5 seconds or going out even further results being disqualified. No bunnyhopping, Also, slowing down the race by not allowing runners to hop makes it easier for judges to oversee the race.  Start and finish are by the hospital.

Heartlands Triathalon
A three-pony relay race across the Heartlands.  I apologize for changing this again but it's going back to all Earth Ponies with a slight route modification.  The race will consist of a running portion, a climbing portion, and a swimming portion in THAT new order.

Starts in Midway with the first pony running along the road until the crater. The second pony will meet them at the crater and climb the spiral  structure and until they reach the highest rope.  They then cross the rope, where at the end they jump down and head to the river. The third pony will then race down the river and finish at the tree near to the farm.

Unicorn Events:

Obstacle Course
Unicorns do three laps around the obstacle course, gaining points for clearing each obstacle. Penalty points will be given for running off-course or failing to clear a jump.

Heartlands  Teleportation Race
Unicorns teleport from one spot to another in order to get around.  The farm route has been declared as the final track.

1. No moving is allowed except for turning on the spot or adjusting the camera.
2. The competitors must at the least teleport to each of the 4 largest structures on the farm. 
3. If a competitor falls to the ground, they must run back to the start location and begin their lap again.
4. The race will consist of three laps around the farm.

Pegasus Events:

Cloudoseum Air Show
In teams of no less than two and no more than six, pegasi put together a show that has a maximum of five sequences. Teams should give themselves a name and also become comfortable with using the 'party' feature, a group chat tab that will allow up to six users to talk amongst themselves.
Sequences are counted from the moment the first pegasus takes flight to where the last pegasus lands. Any moves or maneuvers can be used as long as team members can make it to a rest point without emptying their energy.
Performances will be judged by four selected ponies and points will be awarded on creativity, ability to perform and interactivity with the crowd. Their scores will be between 1 - 10 and will add up to a final score.
Penalties will be given if ponies leave the Cloudoseum space, fall below the clouds, perform out of sync or if team members are excluded from a sequence / don't turn up.
Crowds can choose to sit where they please but are advised to use a route at the back of the Cloudoseum to climb up onto the roof, which allows access of the top bunk of clouds. Earth ponies can jump onto one particular cloud at the bottom bunk if they choose to, where they can maneuver to the clouds on opposite sides.

Flight Race
Pegasi race against eachother using the map provided and end in the cup next to the flight ring statue. Crowds can sit in the buildings either side of the race track.

1. EDIT TO THE ROUTE: Instead of making the turn half way through the second lap, just make three complete laps around and through the rings and end in the cup on the statue.
2. When taking off please stay on the runway until the end then make the sharp left turn.
3. Fly through all loops including the loop of the statue.
4. You may fly above or below the cloud bridge, but be aware if you stay above it you must stay outside of the buildings and yellow flags so as not to give yourself an unfair advantage.

(This wonderful picture is provided by Even Tide <3)

Sunny Skies (NLR)

The Cloudopolis team is proud to show our official Flag for the Equestria Games!  <3

Holiday Cheer

Due to my job sending me out of town next week, I would like to request a revote for the Equestria Games starting date.  The updated poll can be found here.  If you really want to push it off to an even later date than these choices you can let me know.  Thank you all for your patience, I can only promise good things are coming. ^-^

What Week Should We Host The Equestria Games?

Holiday Cheer

2018 Jul 13, 08:48:25 #103 Last Edit: 2018 Jul 23, 15:09:13 by Holiday Cheer
We will be having another birthday party for Frozen Wing and Wizard Bee Bun on Sunday, July 15 at 8PM GMT (3PM CDT) so please come and celebrate these ponies.

Due to the overwhelming response for the games to be held the week of July 22-28 that will be the official date of the Equestria Games.  The Opening Ceremony will be held mid afternoon (for Amareicans, late Evening for Europonians) on that Sunday, we will have an official time for you soon.

In the meantime we still need ponies to sign up to join a team so you can get to know your teammates and practice ahead of time for events.  The Pegasi airshow definitely will require some level of practice and you may want to brush up on your teleportation for unicorns, flight stamina for pegasi, and climbing skills for earth ponies before the events.  Also work on your best stealthy pillow techniques.  Never fear though, if you show up to an event and have no clue what this teams thing is all about and want to join anyway, you can easily step into the event on any team you want, you just won't have the advantage of having trained.

The Current Teams Are As Such

PONYDALE:

Captain: Holidaughter Cheer
Lemon Cloud
Random Fandom
Day Dream
Cheshire Cat
Fluffy Cloud
Stellar Eclipse
Limeshine
Pink Horse
Amethyst Crust
Night Shift

CLOUDOPOLIS:

Captain: SirDeadPuppy
Sunny Skies
Sky Arrow
Fourth Dimension
Chrome Thunder
CMC Scootaloo
Sweet Cookie
Sweet Zeal
Black Orichalcos
Eggy
Marchprincess
SnowyBreze
Pastel
Rosalia
Novy Sprinkle
Night Striker
Shadow Azure
Golden Sky

Sunny Skies (NLR)

Cloudopolis team is looking for more members (unicorns and earth ponies) who want to join the team and participate  in the Equestria Games! :)

PM me here or in Discord for more information :)

TobaiasofTantalus

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as our family is having a reunion that week, but have fun and good luck to all!

Thank you, and goodnight

chrome thunder

I might sign up, but I'm not sure if I'd be available for every event. It'd depend on what time they are.

CMC Scootaloo

Ok, the decision has been made..... Scoots will participate in the Heartlands Relay Race, the Heartlands Cross-Country Race and, of course, the Flight Race! 0:)
And she hopes to still get a place in the Cloudsdale team, even though she has to be late for the sign-ups.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Sunny Skies (NLR)

2018 Jul 14, 12:23:00 #108 Last Edit: 2018 Jul 14, 14:38:22 by SunnySkies95
Is great to see that more ponies are joining the teams :D i think there is going to be a lot of ponies participating in the Equestria Games :)

chrome thunder

Just tried the flight race (do you go under or over the starting point for lap 2?), and I found a problem where the race finishes. If you land on the platform a certain way it launches you backwards off it. Out of the 4 times I tried it did it to me twice.

Holiday Cheer

Chrome, these are good things to know.  I'll pass them along to the event planning group.  I assume for the lap 2 question that will be left up to the discretion of the racer.  Maybe we'll have to change the finish location to a more solid platform.  ^-^

Don't forget, the Opening Ceremony will be held next Sunday, July 22.  I am looking at 9PM GMT for the starting time.  Does anypony have issues with this time?   Please speak up now.

Fluttershy Cloud

2018 Jul 16, 10:42:42 #111 Last Edit: 2018 Jul 16, 10:51:11 by Fluttershy Cloud
Quote from: Holiday Cheer on 2018 Jul 13, 08:48:25The Current Teams Are As Such

PONYDALE:

Captain: Holidaughter Cheer
Lemon Cloud
Random Fandom
Day Dream
Cheshire Cat
Fluffy Cloud
Stellar Eclipse
Limeshine
Pink Pony
Amethyst Crust
Night Shift
Why is Pink Pony in there? Are you sure it isn't Pink Horse? I don't remember signing up for this, or are there anypony else out there playing as Pink Pony?
"Everypony's contribution is important, no matter how small. If you just keep your head high, do your best, and believe in yourself, anything can happen!"
- Fluttershy

chrome thunder

In that one unicorn race in the Heartlands: Are we teleporting from treetop to treetop?

marshmallowfluff

I would join but i have an infant! I'll be rooting for teams though! :D
Discord: Marshy_fluff (#4884)

Feel free to add me! And look for me in LOE, I need friendos! <3

chrome thunder

Here's a few things me and members of the team I'm on are wondering:

*As I mentioned before: In the Heartland teleportation race: What are the exact objects we teleport to at the pumpkin patch one?

*On the Cloudsdale flight race: Do you go through or over the ring with the statue (where the race ends) on the 1st lap? And do you pass under or over the cloud bridge on the 2nd and 3rd laps?

Sky Arrow

Sort of a follow up to Chrome's question. The benches (assuming they are teleport spots) are really hard to teleport on top of. As in, only a few pixels. If we end up teleporting right next to them, will that count for points off due to touching the ground?
~insert clever signature here~

Diannaria

How sad that there is no Canterlot team yet! It's the one I would have preferred joining. There's no Wi-Fi where I'll be spending that week which is why I was really hoping it would happen another week.  :c I hope I'll find a way to at least watch a few games, somehow. Have fun everypony!
Playing as Swirling Mind (unicorn: https://imgflip.com/i/2eazqn), Raspberry Bubbles (earth pony: https://imgflip.com/i/2eazxv) and Silent Swirl (pegasus: https://imgflip.com/i/2eb00i).

Holiday Cheer

Dannaria, we decided that the Cantermore team would prefer to observe all of the others getting sweaty and sip their tea from the shade. ;D

Fluttershy, I was told Pink Pony but I think you're right so I edited it.

Regarding the unicorn teleport race.  I'll be honest I didn't write these rules so I have very little idea of how it was intended to work.  I'll try to get some definite answers but for now it looks like the farm teleport race is the preferred track.  If the benches are hard to teleport to I'm sure we can be lenient. 

Chrome, regarding the air race.  I don't think there's an exact course you need to stick to.  It will be up to the race to choose that and a mistake might cost you your lead so that's the strategy in what you do.

Sky Arrow

2018 Jul 21, 17:44:29 #118 Last Edit: 2018 Jul 21, 20:17:30 by Sky Arrow

Earth Ponies on Team Cloudopolis

Pegasi on Team Cloudopolis

Unicorns on Team Cloudopolis
~insert clever signature here~

Sunny Skies (NLR)

Quote from: Sky Arrow on 2018 Jul 21, 17:44:29
Earth Ponies on Team Cloudopolis

Unicorns on Team Cloudopolis

Pegasi on Team Cloudopolis

Sky, the second picture is the pegasi team, and the third picture is the unicorn team

Go Up