Forced Listening Thread

Started by Explolguy, 2012 Jun 09, 14:46:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

thegrandfunkasaurus

Pretty good stuff. I'm not a huge electronic (i don't really know what to call that specific genre) fan, but it's good music to work to. Got a little repetitive, but not unbearably so.

Ok, since it's been mostly rock and electronic stuff, i think i'll toss a curveball at y'all.

Ozzy

It's awfully catchy, I usually dislike guitars, but for this I shall make a special exception, it reminds me of Pandemonium, an old PS1 platformer, I have no idea why though...  :/

This song is called Suzy by Caravan Palace:

videogamehunter

Couldn't really get in the music but the video kept me entertain.

thegrandfunkasaurus

Oh god, I love this song! I used to have a VHS with the old Tex Avery cartoon about the Owl who loved to singa. Al Jolson, as always, is fantastic, but toss in Cab Calloway, and you've got yourself a classic.

Since you've got me thinking about rubberhose animation:

videogamehunter

Wow that was interesting. I have to say it was good. I like the animation that went with it.

Lord of Madness

2012 Jul 17, 21:42:07 #25 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 17, 22:57:57 by Lord of Madness
Old and Gray! I love this song because of the soul fact of Fallout games. for some reason the music in it always made me feel I was there. videogamehunter your song brought back some good video game memories.

videogamehunter

2012 Jul 17, 22:48:36 #26 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 00:21:07 by videogamehunter
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 17, 21:42:07
Old and Gray! I love this song because of the soul fact of Fallout games. for some reason the music in it always made me feel I was there. videogamehunter your song brought back some good video game memories.

Your welcome. I'm always happy bringing  back the good times for ponys.

The music pretty darn good. Not really into this type of music but  it good.

Legulus

I liked the song, except for the "Super space invader" voice samples. They were pretty annoying and ruined the parts they were implented in.

7/10

Floating Darkness by Tatsh
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Little Judas

It started promising, I even liked the addition of the keyboard. It brought the song more "volume", a wider feel to it.
But that all changed when the electronica attacked, it became to much, the guitar faded to the back.
I like the guitar, I don't like it when the guitar is pushed to the back by techno.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Dying Bride - Thy Raven Wings
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lord of Madness

The lyrics were a bit slow for my taste but I like how their music seems very nice.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Legulus

That song was quite beautiful, actually. I'll have to add it to my music collection  ovO

8.5/10

Roaring Tides from the Clannad OST
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)

videogamehunter

7/10 I thought it was alright. I find everything in that song pretty much average.

Little Judas

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Little Judas

I'm sorry, but no. It actually give me a headache.
It was quite repetitive and the parts that weren't were probably intended as solos,
trying to achieve a guitarsolo is possible on an electronic device is possible, but it sounded
like white noise with some hints to an arpeggio.

Black Sabbath - Into the Void

Zygrograxgra

I'm not really into "heavy" things like that, so don't really like it.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

videogamehunter

The song is alright. It not my kind of music but it alight.

Legulus

I used to listen to Linkin Park all the time, so hearing Chester's voice again did bring back some nice memories. Anyway, the song was peaceful and nice, but there wasn't anything that stuck out to me.

7.5/10

River Flows In You by Yourilohuis (Dubstep remix of the original song by Yiruma)

videogamehunter

2012 Jul 24, 01:21:43 #37 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 24, 01:27:05 by videogamehunter
sorry I really couldn't get in to the song. I got have some kind of singing it. But the piano ok.

http://youtu.be/u_UBvW_AL4E

Legulus

Ah, we got some Naruto music here! Meh, the song's not really my style. It sounded weird with the use of the lute (I assume that's the instrument I'm referring to). And those "see" or whatever samples that were played at some parts did dampen the song. This isn't a song that I really like, but I do see how others may like a song like this.

In my opinion though, it's a 4/10

Yours Is Only Mine by Crow'sClaw

videogamehunter

Man I'm little surprise you didn't like the Naruto one because I truly love that song. Well anyway the song you got me to listen to is OK. I didn't like how vocal went with song. I guess it the way she singing it. So I give this song a 6/10

Ok it time for some metal.

Sorry for some reason I can't get the videos link to work on this site.

Go Up