Forced Listening Thread

Started by Explolguy, 2012 Jun 09, 14:46:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Explolguy

Finally getting around to making this again, since it got deleted with a crapton of other threads a while ago.

Anyways, refresher on what to do:

Basically the idea is this: We post a song, any song, that we like. The following poster must listen to it, even if it is not a genre he/she likes and critique it. What did he/she like, what did he/she not like? You get the idea.

A few simple rules to follow:

1. No rick-rolls, trololo, stupidity, etc. The exception to this is if you actually want someone to truly critique the song. Otherwise, don't. It's not funny.

2. A song must be listened to, in full, before critiquing it. The only exception to this rule is if the song is fifteen or more minutes.

3. When you critique a song, actually critique it. No going, "I liked it," or, "I hated it." Give a reason.

4. This wasn't a rule in the last thread, but I thought of it a while ago: Post a youtube link to the song (obviously), but also post the name and artist in your post. That way, if the video gets taken down, or isn't available in the next poster's country, they can look it up and listen to it.

5. Remember to follow the rules of the forum and not post anything incredibly vulgar or offensive. We have a large age range of users browsing the forums. If your song does contain any vulgar language, kindly point it out when posting the song.

With that, I'll get this thread started again:

Seether-Pass Slowly

Legulus

I must say, I like this side of Seether's music. Seriously, I love the lyrics and just how beautiful the song sounds :) And dat chorus. I found the beginning of the bridge to be the only weak point, but that's just me since I don't really like random "Oh yeah"s, etc etc.

Vitamin String Quartet - Bite To Break Skin (Cover of the original song by Senses Fail)
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Vinyl light

I must say i really enjoyed it. The feeling i got then i heard it was just incredible.

Explolguy

That was...annoying. I liked the speed of the song, but that's about it. Everything else just annoyed me. I'm not a huge fan of the genre to begin with, but that certainly didn't help either.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers-Snow (Hey Oh)

Little Judas

Ah, nostalgia, I hadn't heard that in a long time.
But although it is a great song, it's not there best

Thank you GH:WT for this song..
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Legulus

OMG I remember this song! :D It really displays musical talent, IMO. Although it's not really my style of music; I find it a bit too soft. That's just my opinion based on musical preference though. I do still recognize the song's general greatness.

The Part That Hurts The Most by Thousand Foot Krutch
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)

daswed

I loved the guitar riff in that song, all though I don´t listen to that kind of rock, I found it highly enjoyable to listen to.

Royal Republic - Full steam space machine

Little Judas

It was a fun song. Some good guitar parts.
But that electronic stuff at 2'10", did not have to be there, it kind of ruined the song because it lost its drive.

Into Eternity - Surrounded By Night

*Edit: Sorry, used wrong BBC.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Explolguy

The song seemed pretty...standard for me. I hesitate to say, "forgettable" though. It was an entertaining piece, but there really wasn't anything special about it.

snarfgsnor

aaaaah a7x ^-^ was my favorite band before i started to listen to other genres. but i never heard this song before :)
but the song is good if you like some fast music and some metal-rock taste music. so i think its really good.

knife party - bonfire

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Legulus

Wow, reggae and electro. I never would've thought that the combination would work so well. I really liked it, especially the drops.

Eve from the Dynasty Warriors 4 OST

Doomguy

I loved the guitar riffs and a bit of the synth type sounds, but the notes got repetitive very quickly. Still, a decent video game soundtrack. Speaking of, I found that this song made a cameo in Max Payne 2 while on a nostalgia run.

Explolguy

The mood set by the instruments and lyrics was great, and they went well with each other. Nobody tried anything too fancy, and pretty much kept it simple throughout the song. I liked it, and I'll probably end up checking out more of their work.

Stone Temple Pilots-Unglued

Legulus

2012 Jun 21, 10:30:29 #13 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 21, 10:45:59 by Legulus
I really like the instrumental behind it. I found the lyrics and rhythm catchy. And dat short guitar solo <3
Although I thought the ending was a bit abrupt, and the vocals were average. That said, interesting band and I may look more into them when I'm bored.

The Ballad of St. Augustine by Disciple

QB57.117cal

I thought the song was OK. I didn't really much care for mixing Christianity with rock, with each verse strangely sung. I could not follow what the meaning of the song was. Me being atheist also didn't help either. (I know what your thinking "Oh NOOOOO h3s atheist! hes gay and will be the next adolf with the fourth r3ich!!!!" Well, I'm not gay, I'm not a satanist, and Adolf had every Wehrmacht belt buckle engraved with "Gott mit uns." or God is with us.) I thought the instrumentals were rather good though.

Legulus

It's cool bro, I don't judge and I respect your opinion :)

As for your song, I quite liked it. It was really nice and relaxing, yet catchy. I liked the break and outro starting at around 2:45 in. However the song in general did get a bit repetitive.

Discovering The Waterfront by Silverstein

Captain0Ron

I'm not a big fan of the genre, but I enjoyed the guitar and loved the drums. The lyrics weren't really my style, but thats just me. Overall it sounded pretty good ^-^

Ajapai - Battle
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Legulus

:3 The original instrumental used in Mic The Microphone's dubstep rap song. Awesome. Well, the drops are almost exactly the same, which is somewhat discouraging. Otherwise, the bass is really nice. I liked the beat too.

8/10

Louder Than Thunder by The Devil Wears Prada

QB57.117cal

I cant quite put my finger of the genre of song, I normally don't listen to these types of songs. It did seem slow throughout the song, and some lyrics were repetitive, typically what I hear from those types of songs. It gave me that one weird feeling. I don't really know what to say about the song. It is out of the ordinary to me.

Captain0Ron

So... touching...  :')
Jk, but I did like the song (other than the lyrics(I don't seem to like the lyrics to anything much :\))
The guitar sounded great, and I loved the drums. I could listen to that for long periods of time, without the lyrics.

Muffler - Cybertron (Pixel Fist Remix)
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Go Up