General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Aqua Fire

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 25, 21:48:04
There's also Pokemon R/B/Y that's available for 3DS eShop so you can get one of the if you have the money on your eShop account. You can get sun & moon demo if you want to try the game out, but you're limited to some activities and you'll get some goodies prepared for the full version of the game.

As of pokemon sun & moon, it's not that tough if you're using exp share and pokemon refresh, but if you want to fully enjoy the game, just don't use exp share and pokemon refresh.

Moneymaking is tough so I don't know any moneymaking tips right now. All I know is selling Star pieces, star dusts, nuggets, comet pieces, and pearls.

I don't even have a 3ds.
Hey, look. I have a deviantart. Come check it out. My DeviantArt

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Aqua Fire on 2016 Nov 26, 12:05:48
I don't even have a 3ds.

I dunno if there's a bundle for both 3DS and pokemon sun & moon. If there was, then it would be digital copy and the price would be expensive for the bundle. I may suggest start searching for the bundle and see if you're ok with the price. If you buy both the game and the system used, then you may wanna check for the system's conditions first such as if the controls work, top screen not broken, able to run the game, and doesn't turn on and off unexpectedly.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 26, 00:18:11
Those requests can only be done once, but In hano grand resort, it's only 1 per day which is putting pyukumukus back to the ocean.

My point is: BECAUSE I did all of those requests, I never had money issues while I was still doing the main story.

Spoiler: show
And if you finish the post-story Ultra Beasts quest, you get paid a million Pokédollars.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Well Apparently I spend my money on supplies depending on the situation I'm in. If 1 amulet coin isn't enough for me, I just use luck incense. I normally buy like about 10 or more potions, full heals, and revives depending on how much money I have. If I want to save money over full heals, I can just produce Lum berries that way.

Another way to make money is poke pelago and you need to have isle aphun at rank 3, but of course it would take a day to get the items.

Rikaria

The final #Pokemon20 distribution, Meloetta, is now live (Gen 6 only).

KirbyFluttershy

2016 Dec 01, 01:19:36 #1165 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 01, 01:30:38 by KirbyFluttershy
I overheard that pokerus has became quite more common in this gen, but to provide more information and evidence, Someone said and noticed a streamer she watched also got it early in the story. I wasn't even sure if that's true or not. I mean I got the pokerus that early in the game, but It seems that I wasn't the only one who got it.

but the question about pokerus to anyone else who has the feeling about it: Does anyone feel like pokerus is much more common in gen 7?

Shadow-Flare

Imma be getting pokemon moon for Christmas  :3

Aqua Fire

I hope I get it, I think I saw that someone might be getting me one. The person wasn't that secretive. The person asked what device Pokemon moon was on. Of course, the person could be throwing me off track, but who knows?
Hey, look. I have a deviantart. Come check it out. My DeviantArt

FirePetalFox

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 26, 15:25:49
Well Apparently I spend my money on supplies depending on the situation I'm in. If 1 amulet coin isn't enough for me, I just use luck incense. I normally buy like about 10 or more potions, full heals, and revives depending on how much money I have. If I want to save money over full heals, I can just produce Lum berries that way.

Another way to make money is poke pelago and you need to have isle aphun at rank 3, but of course it would take a day to get the items.

If ya got the special munchlax, the move "Happy Hour" increases money from the battle
Hello Hello fillies and colts, summoner Foxbrush at your service, Also go by FirePetalFox
DA: http://firepetalfox.deviantart.com/

#SetFiretoFlan

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Aqua Fire on 2016 Dec 01, 19:40:30
I hope I get it, I think I saw that someone might be getting me one. The person wasn't that secretive. The person asked what device Pokemon moon was on. Of course, the person could be throwing me off track, but who knows?

Well you should've told the person that it was for nintendo 3DS, but the thing is that the person said that if there are no promises, there's no promises.

Quote from: FoxBrush on 2016 Dec 01, 23:52:57
If ya got the special munchlax, the move "Happy Hour" increases money from the battle

Well my munchlax evolved into snorlax after I put it on the island, but it's a lowbie pokemon.

Rikaria

2016 Dec 05, 12:26:02 #1170 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 06, 19:20:22 by Rikaria
Magearna's Sun/Moon distribution is now live! Scan your region's QR code using the in-game QR Scanner to unlock it, then visit the deliveryman at the Antiquities of the Ages shop in Hau'oli City to get it! (Only available to those who beat the main story.)

North America QR code
Europe & Australia QR code

EDIT: So... this is a thing:

Shadow-Flare

2016 Dec 08, 11:10:41 #1171 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 08, 12:30:24 by Shadow-Flare
Lol omc most of the pokemon that need trading to evolve people want like legendaryps or the very same pokemon  like someone wants to trade a poliwhirl for a politoed  or a popplio for a primarina

KirbyFluttershy

The Trade evolutions are always the same as usual. As of legendaries go, Well If you want solgaleo, you gotta get your cosmoem near level 52 which is at level 52 at around 800-1k exp left for next level and then transfer cosmoem to your sun version and level the cosmoem. Same goes for Lunala.

Julius

Well, I just finished everything but the battle tree. Time to breed. Ugh, I hate breeding. ;~;
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

Well It's not that bad. I'm almost done with the pokedex as well. It's just that I need the evolution trades and version exclusive pokemon including the UBs.

I got myself a first shiny pokemon which is the shiny golduck while I was grinding my pokemon for evolution at the poni gauntlet.

I have some tips and advice for sun & moon.

If you guys are looking for HA pokemon, There's a way to tell without using Trace. If the HA is weather-based like snow warning, drought, drizzle, sand stream, and/or cloud nine, that's easy to tell as you chain the pokemon that has the ability through SoS Battle. If HA eevee, well you need a fighting-type pokemon, but I would highly suggest using fighting-type pokemon with a fighting type move although I would suggest using lucario for this job since eevee's use sand-attack and the HA is anticipation so you'll know which eevee has it.

If you're having trouble catching ghost and steel type pokemon, I would suggest bringing one of the tapus. Their nature's madness can ignore pokemon types and defense so I guess they're like your alternative pokemon for false swiping.

Julius

The reason I was complaining is I hadn't bred for IV's before, now that I got into the flow of it it's not that bad! ^-^

3/6 Of my Pokémon have been bred!
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

There's a particular way to get a 6IV ditto in sun & moon now however it takes some preparations to do this. Here's what you need

Smeargle with Recycle. It has to be holding a smoke ball in case if you can't encounter ditto
Pokemon With swicheroo such as hypno with leppa berry - This is highly recommended in case ditto is holding something
a False Swiper
Pokemon that can use memento and memento has to be the only move remaining
and Adrenaline orb(s)

When doing this, Here's what you do when getting 6IV ditto

Put Smeargle in the front and then on the 1st turn, use adrenaline orb and ditto will transform into smeargle. On 2nd turn, switch to hypno and then use switcheroo on the following turn, and then switch to false swiper till ditto's HP is reduced to 1 and then switch to the pokemon with Memento Move and then keep using adrenaline orb till you get 6IV ditto.

The Downside part of this is the cost of the shiny ditto if it has imposter, but if you're aiming for both 6IV and shiny ditto, then the shiny ditto shouldn't have imposter ability.

Julius

I did that to get two 4 IV Dittos instead, 6 IV is a 1/1024 chance.
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

It's pretty much hard to tell if there's a 6IV ditto unless caught. The only way to cover that is to hyper train a 4-5IV ditto with bottle caps.

I heard that lostsanity was waiting on the walkthrough from gamefaqs and I said he doesn't need gamefaqs for pokemon games. They're just straightforward games. Yeah sure, you need it, but not required or needed to clear the game. With the changes in sun & moon, it's a lot easier to tell where you going and where your destination is thanks to the mini-map changes. Serebii is the guide for everything for your pokemon needs. Everybody else doesn't need a walkthrough from gamefaqs and a guidebook

I'm almost done with the pokedex although my friend needs help with the trade evolutions which i'm gonna do and then get the moon exclusives off from her, but the problem is that i need the moon exclusive UBs to finish the dex which are pheromosa, and Celesteela although my friend that was gonna give me the pokemon to cover the dex won't be able to do UBs till she decides to do them. As my other Friend told me that Pokemon Company is strict on hacked pokemon so I rather avoid GTS and wonder trade for now.

Julius

Bottle caps and hyper training are worthless, they don't change the IV's so they don't transfer through breeding. Regardless, I am done breeding!

Do you still have Pokerus @KirbyFluttershy ?
Purr~

Go Up