Galvin Roe's Charaterapalooza

Started by GalvinRoe, 2012 Apr 25, 18:27:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morning Glory

2012 Nov 08, 07:36:28 #40 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 08, 07:40:41 by Morning Glory
I'll just leave this here  :P

Spoiler: show

Missing some info up there, so I left a few things blank (pun intended). Fill me in and I'll add what's missing.

The cravat was on the image I used as a reference for the pose, so it stayed. Because cravat. So there.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Nov 08, 07:36:28

Missing some info up there, so I left a few things blank (pun intended). Fill me in and I'll add what's missing.

The cravat was on the image I used as a reference for the pose, so it stayed. Because cravat. So there.
so. AWESOME! :3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

GalvinRoe

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Nov 08, 07:36:28

You lovable devil lol. Haha I think I might of misplaced their cutie marks somewhere along the line 0-0. I know I had them up, at one point.

Bright Mane: A bright mountain scenary, fading at the edges.

Right Hoof: A hoof.

This wasn't the ORIGINAL mark for Mane but, I like it better ;D.

Thank you very much Morning :3, you don't have to bother putting the other's cutiemarks in ;D.

Morning Glory

Mountain scenery? What, did she paint it on there? Hmm....I'm not sure how to fit that all on her flank.

And a hoof....do you mean a hoofprint? Because a disembodied lower-leg on his rump would be...creepy...

GalvinRoe

Hahaha  lol! It is why I say don't worry about it, for Bright-mane, that one would be alot of work :/.

As for Right-Hoof it is litterly a hoof, perhaps a hoof print turned slightly to show the depth of the actual mark. But it IS a hoof 0-0. (Right-hoof is a creepy fellow . . . joking lol)

Hahaha, thank you for your work Morning. But really, don't worry about the rest.

The Wandering Magus

you should put that pic up at the top (with credit to MG of course) so ponies visiting can visualize it all better :]
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Morning Glory

There....that's what you get. I put a hoof on him and it looked really....erm.....inappropriate...the shape of a pony leg on it's own is...uh....not suitable for LoE....if you catch my drift X3

And Bright Mane....I dunno how I feel. I tried it without the frame and it looked wrong. So it's sort of like her cutiemark is a painting....ehhh, I'll take it off if you don't like it.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Nov 08, 17:17:56

There....that's what you get. I put a hoof on him and it looked really....erm.....inappropriate...the shape of a pony leg on it's own is...uh....not suitable for LoE....if you catch my drift X3

And Bright Mane....I dunno how I feel. I tried it without the frame and it looked wrong. So it's sort of like her cutiemark is a painting....ehhh, I'll take it off if you don't like it.
better and better :3 I can tell why Strokes and Fancy got to be good friends.

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 08, 18:13:45 #48 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 09, 04:00:53 by GalvinRoe
Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Nov 08, 17:17:56

Not at all, it's grand ;D. I can see how it would be inapropriate, yes lol. But I'm not sure I like the look of the hoof print :/. I'll work on another mark for him, but let's keep it like that for now. (and I'm not going to ask you to change it when I figure out what I'd prefer the mark to be.)

Thank you for your work Morning, I love it o 3 o!

GalvinRoe

2012 Nov 23, 23:09:45 #49 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 24, 03:07:13 by GalvinRoe
[B]Emmit K. Tel[/B]

Personality:
   He (dislikes) travelling and uncomfortable situations but is willing to go on this journey (AAE) thanks to a necesity for bits. An unargumentative pony who likes to smile but is struck by moments of severe depression. A little airy, not focused on worldly problems and can be a bit disorganized. Enjoys theorizing on magic and talking with other intellectuals. Although kind, can be severly unhelpfull in a scrap or argument; both of which he withdraws from and attempts to remain silent. CAN be enfuriated with horrible treatment towards his wife. Doesn't really think about the government. . .

Fears:
  Loosing his ability to theorize on magic; He really is incompetent at magic and has wasted time persuing it; He is dragging his wife out of her energetic attitude towards life; Won't be able to provide for himself or at least help his wife provide; harsh living (but he's delt with this for years).

Talent:
  Unorthodox Magic Theory; with lots of time and lots of luck Tel is finally able to create the teleportation spell. But his talents beyond that are confined to social interaction. He is happy to talk with anypony on anypoint at anytime, unless the mood of the conversation becomes agressive or violent. Should this unfortunate circumstance occur he will abscond or appologize, whatever is best for the situation. He does have a talent for remembering conversations . . .

Flaws:
  Unable to cast magic, of anysort save for very minor levitation spells; Unable to comprehend general magic theory (it seems flawed to him); Not organized and can be very loose with promises since he has trouble comprehending time in the same sense most ponies do. 

Biography:
     Emmit K. Tel the 'genius' who created the spacial distortion spell. Written down in pony history as one of the greatest ponies to ever live . . . Perhaps we should look at his ACTUAL story?

Emmit K. Tel was born into a Canterlot middle-class family, and from the moment he was 10 and going through school he was always quiet and interested but he just didn't understand material like the other foals . . . His ideas were always, outlandish and unorthodox; all his teachers declared he wouldn't get anywhere in life. And although he took a quick interest in 'magic-theory' and discovered his strange cutie-mark shortly there-after, he was declared a dunce in that subject. Somehow, Emmit was able to slide into advanced-magic classes, most likely through the recommendation provided by Professor Rodrick Spells-worthy.

The first couple days were . . . tragic. Emmit was unable to cast a single spell in the 'opening-examination' his performance was so bellow-average, the professor was driven into a fit of hysterics. Yelling at Emmit to actually TRY because no unicorn was this inept at magic. .  .  Emmit took the insult rather philosophically, he meekly shrugged to the professor and stated: "I have never been adept at performing magic, professor, never." After which he took a seat in the front of the class and with teary eyes.

Although initially hostile . . . the professor learned to appreciate Emmit's unique and completely individual interpretation of magic. Pushing the kid through with extra 'research' work; Emmit scrapped through another magic course. However, this was the end of Emmit's 'good fortune' It was time to test into the Royal Academy of Higher Magical Users. There was no way Emmit could get around the entrance exam . . . his abominable performance destroyed all his glowing references and praises from his professors, he wouldn't go onto higher Magic-theory classes. . . .

Tragic, but it wasn't the end of Emmit's world. In-fact this failure brought him into acquaintance with a pony, a pony who would have a decidedly important part to play in his life: his wife Clara Tesla.

Perhaps not the most attractive of ponies, Clara was a bit commonly, a muzzle that was too long and perhaps not a beautiful face . . . but her dark hair and their shadows produced an aura of mystery, a small shading that made her difficult to approach. But her animation and vitality were enormous and, like Emmit, she was at the Dean's office to complain. Apparently, she had passed the examinations but her radical views, on the use of electricity, were not accepted. The two became acquainted then and there, when Tesla called on him to explain how simple it was: "Electricity has endless applications, these foals disagree! Stating it has but one purpose . . . destruction! They cannot understand electricity is within us all! Tell them! . . ." and she went on into complicated and unorthodox reasoning.

Emmit was not an expert on electricity but he immediately felt a companionship between himself and this fellow radical. The dates started slowly, at first he kept in touch with Tesla to be encouraged and revitalized when he felt depressed, at the loss of his learning or about life in general. She enjoyed having some-pony who would sound-board and loved to hear her radical ideas. In a couple years they pulled together in matrimony. Emmit had taken up street sweeping as the only career he could retain and needed a little extra income and a lot of encouragement; Tesla liked having some-pony around who would respond intelligibly about her projects and not just gap in pity or astonishment.

Now the two have received word that the Princess has a few positions open for travelling . . . Not much is left here for these two. Emmit has just been laid off from work and Tesla's inventions were not finding applicable uses. . .  Both were coming to the end of their financial strings and this seemed an excellent solution.

Apperance:
  A thin, to the point of looking sickly, midnight unicorn stallion. With a mane and tail the color of crimson and dreamy manilla eyes. Everyone would agree this stallion poses no threat; his, slightly yellow, smile is as kind and welcoming as a smile could be. Old, out of date jackets adorn this pony and his toilet is always slightly dingy and dusty, no pocket fop dangles to dazzle the eye and preview his wealth . . . his worn clothes portray his destitute position and his slightly longer than 'gentile' mane, proclaims his disinterest in fashion. 

Statistics:

Race:
Unicorn

Cutie Mark:
A thin curving arrow

Eye Color:
Manilla

Mane & Tail Color: 
Crimson

Mane Syle:
Slightly longer than 'accepted' fashion, silky straight hair with the slightest hint of wave at the ends

Coat Color: 
Midnight

Physique:
Thin to the point of sickly, no muscle

Species:   
Unicorn

Clothing:
Out of style jacket, stained and frayed.

(former) Street Sweeper

~~~~~~~~~Personal~~~~~~~~~~

Life Goal:   
Get at least ONE of his many failed spells to work

Personality:   
Flighty; kind; unable to comprehend the 'orthodox' theory of magic; a fan of intellectual conversation, though he has nothing to add most the time; needs a certain sense of 'freedom' to be productive

Magic; magic theory; magic theorists; anyone willing to share some conversation.

Dislikes:   
Hard Travelling and Adventure.

Friends: 
Ryo; Jennie Spells-worthy;

Enemies:
Starswirl the bearded (antagonist, not directly hostile)

GalvinRoe

[B]Clara Tesla[/B]

[B]Personality[/B]:
   A little haughty at times but generally kind enough. Extremely energized and vitalized, goes over board with her research at times, not knowing when to stop . . .  A little arrogant when coming to most others opinions, believing she knows best. Has lots of radical theories which she doesn't bother debating with others, save for Emmit. Surprisingly, not proud. Her experiments she handles with the greatest care but when finished and she understands the concept she doesn't mind passing the invention off to others, to figure out HOW it will be useful. Very organized, takes time for her walks/runs and some interaction with ponies everyday, but devotes most the time to lab-work or research. A fan of the outdoors and the solitude nature brings she's often gone into the Canterlot mountains for a weekend or a week, most times alone save for the rare occasion Emmit can be persuaded to join her.

[B]Fears[/B]:
  Becoming insane; losing interest in her most devoted subject 'Electricity' and succumbing to 'general magic theory'; Emmit's disapproval in life-circumstances.   

[B]Talent[/B]:
  Electricity . . . anything to deal with electricity, electricity spells, inventions and theories; Electrical use and strategical use; Master of many spells and a renowned magic-caster, though she prefers to deal with things with the old hooves. Camping and 'roughing-it' are no problem for her, but she won't hesitate to tranquillise a bear with her magic . . . if it moves to maul her; Intelligent and interesting, if she can be persuaded to talk magic/electric theory with others.  Quick to take the reigns as a 'leader'; Always able to look mysterious, even though she doesn't try.

[B]Flaws[/B]:
  Arrogant, doesn't care much for other ponies opinions (But if a good point about her theory comes up, she may take note to check on it, for herself of course.). Quick to take the reigns as a 'leader'.  Always looks mysterious, even though she doesn't try.

[B]Biography[/B]:
   A pony born to adventurous parents in Lamatobad.  She was raised and given the rare privilege of primary education, in this mountainous region. Showing her unbelievable interest in mathematics and the sciences her parents wearily sent her back to Equestria to receive formal training. Speed through grades like the genius she was gave her an amazing self-confidence and belief that others didn't possess her fine mental acuity, a feeling that made her rather superior, even to teachers.

Quick to master several languages and progressing in the understanding of magic and pony-sciences, she discovered electricity, which she felt an immense attraction towards. From that point forward, should she attempt experiments, they dealt  with Electricity first and everything else second. A theory quickly dismissed and frowned upon by magic-professors, though none of them could deny her proficiency with electricity. Soon enough, her dissertation was completed and no-one could debate her authority on Electricity, she was THE pony to see about such problems.

In her Higher-magic training she found her companion in heart, her: "Secret Genius" She called him. Though few would agree that Emmit K. Tel was anything other than a confused street sweeper. Surprisingly Emmit was able to assist Tesla in her dissertation, not through practical means but in an indirect way. His talent for unorthodox magic theory helped encourage her to discover several uses of electricity in a medicinal aspect. Conceiving something along the lines of an early form of Electro convulsive Therapy.

Appearance:
  A well kept mare that holds a kind of 'aura' about herself that makes her difficult to approach. Her dark hair falls across her face leaving strange shadows that seem to magnify this pony's thoughtfulness. Seen jogging around town bare-coat or walking for supplies in an non-restrictive dress or loose suit. Everyone has SEEN this mare but few have the courage to interrupt her thoughts

Statistics:

Race:
Unicorn

Cutie Mark:
Electric Storm

Eye Color:
Gray

Mane & Tail Color: 
Black

Mane Style:
Ponytail with a few bang strands hanging down her cheeks and behind her ears and down her neck.

Coat Color: 
White

Physique:
Athletically built, she takes good care of herself.

Species:   
Unicorn

Clothing:
Slightly worn array of dresses, generally tending towards tan or gray. Sometimes seen wearing a loose suit or 'leather' vest (especially when traversing into the wilderness)

(former) Electrician, Researching, Magic-Theorist, Inventor

Life Goal:   
Continue working on Electric theory, application and science

Personality:   
Organized; athletic; socially-uninterested; found of nature; found of 'roughing-it'; highly intelligent; arrogant; not proud.

Magic; electricity; inventions; outdoors; interesting uses of her inventions.

Dislikes:   
Dealing with 'stupid' ponies; leaving her inventions during planned invention time; sleeping

Friends: 
Ryo; Starswirl the bearded;

Enemies:
N/A

GalvinRoe

2013 Feb 07, 07:51:52 #51 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 07, 07:59:26 by GalvinRoe
Name:   Stanzi Soft Hooves

Race: Unicorn   

Imagery: A deathly skinny Unicorn with menacing eyes; hair turned white from fear and a coat of fine mint. . .  except for the moment. At the moment his coat is covered in unmentionable filth, smelling of sweat and fear.

Useful Skills:  Enchanter of items and enhancing artefacts, attempting to learn how to create artefacts. Minor buffs, minimal attack capability.  Proficient in discerning enchantments and curses.

Desired role: Enchanter/Artificer/Puppeteer

Legendary Weapon: Legendary Staff; Legendary Armor; Legendary Shillelagh; Band of Sustenance; Plain traveler's coat

Biography:   Stanzi Soft Hooves was a student of the High-Academy for Magical arts. One of the few unicorn accepted into the highest classes in the Magical world, but he wasn't of a high class or even a middle class . . . his parents were poor very, very poor. His natural affinity for magic got him a delicious scholarship and the professors loved is dedicated spirit, Stanzi was no 'genius' but he was dedicated and his small amount of talent ensured him a large student loan. . .  Stanzi had some interest in the craft but his major selling point for magic was it's large income. Ironic he should be steeped so deep in debt it seemed he'd never get out.

His specialized field, Enchantment, was said to ensure great profit, but he had to get off his hooves first and that wasn't happening . . . Until he was snatched up by a secretive patron. A professor had mentioned Stanzi at a Canterlot ball and low and behold, Stanzi had a Proprietor. His patron never met him face to face, but his messages reached him just fine. Stanzi was promised a major position as head enchanter to the  Blue Blood house, IF he could recover the secrets of making the artefacts hidden in Pandemonium.  Such a serendipitous event couldn't be disregarded, and Stanzi took the dangerous work, knowing the horrors that awaited him underneath the mountain.

With a small contingent of warriors and magi, Stanzi was sent into the mountain, getting the Gods' favour. Even with their armour and weapons they were no match for the monsters beneath the mountain, and his group fell . . . Stanzi was forced into hiding in the desolate wastes of the demonic construct. Hiding beneath his cape, underneath a rock-slide, his ring of sustenance kept him feed but he wasn't healthy . . . nor was he clean. Stanzi was in a situation and it looked like the end.

GalvinRoe

Name:  Fēi Yuèliàng

Race: Earth-Pony

Appearance: A Strawberry coat spotted with mud and ink, a tarnished and faded steel-gray Hanfu sprinkled with countless stains with a trim mud-rimmed. Sparkling champagne eyes stare out from a smiling mask of matted fur, eyes that speak of hidden depths and great zest for life. A wooden case sits proudly across his back, the constant friction of the leather stripes visible around the armpits of his Hanfu, where the fabric was more frayed and faded than anywhere else. His hair separated into many different mated braids with yellowing paper triangles; along the back it cascades down in black torrents. Once smooth hair now turned to crust from days of endless travel. A small bronze bracelet wound in the fashion of the rising dragon sits on the upper right-hoof. He carries himself with good posture but not particular pride or honour and his eyes turn from those that seek to catch his eye or scrutinize his appearance.   

Talent: A Journeyman Poet, not particularly famous among the many nations of Ibexia but fairly new at his craft and still traveling to gain that valued insight. A few times his poems were told with such rapture and meaning as to raise the hopes of the common-folk. Most cases occurring during some great festival or moment of high energy. However, most of  Fēi Yuèliàng's poems deal with nature, the road or people he's come across.

Personality and description: Perhaps a recluse, perhaps an introvert? At times he can seem the most outgoing person ever and he certainly travels quite an amount. But  Fēi Yuèliàng doesn't seem comfortable around people in civilization and a hint to this might be found in one of his poems:
They walk to chores and daily meetings.
Their world, a structured order that they make.
I build a fire,
It is too close to a home.
The hunger fills me, so I leave.
Their structured world I have yet to make for myself.

Slowly his disconnected attitude has been crumbling, perhaps due to interactions with others or his travels across the world and a growing desire to protect the beauty in everything. Then again it may just be the nature of things that leads him the way he travels . . .

Backstory: Born to a local regent's wife and turning out to be a rather embarrassing scandal for his mother, as the doctor believed his father to be impotent . . . he was to be left out to the cold night air. His father and mother were not cruel ponies, and both agreed a dispatch him to a local taoist hermitage. The hope was: if the boy became a spiritual pillar, he'd never connect back to the regent or have any ambitions for politics.

The boy grew well, as a servant to the elder hermits, here he did not learn ambition or impatience but both flared in him from time to time. In the center of philosophical debates he learned many lessons but most of all how to listen. Still a scholar or two had joined the hermitage and the boy wasn't denied a semi-formal education. Every now and again an official would come for assistance, and here he could pickup some political information or, if he was lucky, a new book. After a time the boy discovered poetry and his path seemed ensured.  Eventually he left the hermitage although he was already 21 years of age and tragically unprepared for the world beyond.

Now nine years have passed and he has learned HOW to live, now it's time for him to give life meaning.

Other information of importance: Always a supply of ink, quills and parchment; unless denied him through: lack of capital; location; GM discretion

Asterian Starfall

"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

GalvinRoe

2013 Dec 03, 20:24:41 #54 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 05, 11:35:09 by GalvinRoe
[B]Name:[/B]
'The Lore-Keeper'

[B]Personality[/B]:
A detached mass of rattling books and seemingly omniscient. The Lore-Keeper seeks to understand every path and everything. Nothing is beyond his detached interest and he bows to no consciousness besides the concept of knowledge.

[B]Fears[/B]:
Understanding everything, coming to a complete and utter fulfillment of his quest. Being unable to continue his search for knowledge.

[B]Talent[/B]:
  Hyperthymesia (never forgets anything, or any emotion / aspect of it); A complete ability to convey a subject perfect and teach any-pony or thing, with the ability to comprehend that information. The closest a being of material existence can come to complete objectivity

[B]Flaws[/B]:
  No compassion or mercy, Comprehension of a pony's suffering but no sympathy. Inability to become emotionally agitated, in any sense. Inability to control the scenes shown upon his hide.

[B]Biography[/B]:

Despite its job of maintaining and memorizing the vast archives and knowledge of EVERYTHING the Princess put a restriction and bans upon certain knowledge and denied 'The Lore-Keeper' leave to study or research into these subjects, they are forbidden knowledge. This goes against his very nature, much as the Princess are manifestations of day and night. The Lore-keeper is the manifestation of knowledge, occult, secretive and otherwise. When the faction opposing the Saviors of Harmony truly began to solidify, 'The Lore-Keeper' made ancient pacts and used long-forgotten magic, to transfer himself and most of the Canterlot archives to the opposing side.

Quickly forming 'The Cult of Illumination', these shadowy figures go about experimenting in every field of every discipline. Be they morale practices or not. Many come to 'The Lore-Keeper' for knowledge and comprehension but sometimes they find the deals they must undertake are unsavory and sometimes unacceptable. Despite the great increase in knowledge, fewer are informed of new breakthrough

Appearance: A great figure, rivaling Celestia or Night-Mare Moon's height, adorned in a tight-fitting black robe of unknown make and material. Wreathed in chains, weighed down with books, great tomes or manuscripts that can weight upwards of 15.5kg. Only those strange translucent eyes shimmer through the darkness it's hood casts. Sparkles of comprehension in the darkness.

Statistics:

Race:
Robbed Thing, resembles Alicorn

Cutie Mark:
?

Eye Color:
Translucent or Mirrored

Mane & Tail Color: 
Starlight

Mane Style:
Tight bun underneath a tight black hood

Coat Color: 
Translucent or rather past events dance upon his hide. Ranging from celestial bodies to the movements of an ant, and leaders of ponydom to a foal being born.

Physique:
Tall and lengthy, as Celestia or Night-mare Moon.

Species:   
Alicorn in apperance

Clothing:
A great black robe, that fits securely to the 'pony's' body. The robe blots out all view of its hide and most of the 'pony's' face. Around his body hang book chains that weigh this great creature down with books. Often ancient tomes or ledgers that weigh several pounds themselves.

Lore-keeper, Cult head, Bargain master of knowledge

Life Goal:   
To continue documenting and understanding the workings of the known universe. Without restraint and without bias.

Personality:   
Organized; Objective; Determined and without morales.

Knowledge of any kind; Continued acquisition of knowledge 

Dislikes:   
Dealing with 'stupid' ponies; leaving her inventions during planned invention time; sleeping

Friends: 
Cult of Illumination; Those who would further comprehension.

Enemies:
All who desire to prevent future discoveries, for any reason.

Omniscient? Please try again, Omnipotent? Well, you are further from the answer now. He is searching for a form of Omniscient understanding. Though if ever he achieves it, it shall be at the end of all time. At the moment however the knowledge the Cult of Illumination is gathering is far more than enough to entice the pony appetite for mysteries and power. Though do keep in mind he might not know exactly what these rituals do . . . and give them to you on purpose to discover the detriments and benefits.

The Lore-Keeper, that secretive creature with those books.

Go Up