Want to play?

Started by SweBow, 2012 Sep 21, 21:42:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ShadowHeart

I just want to say how hard the staff works on the MMO. It's one of the most creative I've seen by far and it takes a lot of determination too! Thank you so much for working so hard, making the game free for all to play, and being so generous. Wub u all!

btw, I heard there was going to be an all new pony model when I rewatched the Galacon LOE panel! Can't wait to see it! EEEEEEE!  :3 Everfree Forest, here I come!!!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

SweBow

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Sep 22, 12:36:59
I just want to say how hard the staff works on the MMO. It's one of the most creative I've seen by far and it takes a lot of determination too! Thank you so much for working so hard, making the game free for all to play, and being so generous. Wub u all!

btw, I heard there was going to be an all new pony model when I rewatched the Galacon LOE panel! Can't wait to see it! EEEEEEE!  :3 Everfree Forest, here I come!!!

not 100% that we will include it. We found a problem that we have to fix before we can implement it and right now we got focus on more important parts.

Itty Bit

Yknow, last night I just had a dream about this, and it kinda brought up a good point.
Aren't you guys the least bit concerned some superhacker jerk will download the files for the game and open up his own private server for everyone to play after the con is over, thus making a leaked version of the game?

ShadowHeart

ooooh....ya...that might be a problem......andd goodluck with the model, either way, I really like the old one!

SweBow

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Sep 22, 12:51:57
Yknow, last night I just had a dream about this, and it kinda brought up a good point.
Aren't you guys the least bit concerned some superhacker jerk will download the files for the game and open up his own private server for everyone to play after the con is over, thus making a leaked version of the game?

Have fun?

Really, if someone now want's to start a private server for a pre-alpha game. Why? Why even start a private server at all once the game is released. It's free, we will never charge for it.

Itty Bit

I unno, I was thinking of the whole Fighting is Magic fiasco, of when someone leaked that game and even made a custom server for it..
Now that I think of it though, I don't think it would concern you guys all that much anyway, since you already are making a temporary release to the public anyway, so its not like anything would get spoiled :P

Teal Turken

True Itty, a leaked version of the game in pre-alpha wouldn't be such a big deal, especially since it's gonna be released for a few days anyway.

In the case of Fighting is Magic it was accidentally leaked and caused some despair amongst the developers.

leafy

Oh my gosh this is so exciting!  :3  Can't wait<3!

SweBow

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Sep 22, 13:20:07
I unno, I was thinking of the whole Fighting is Magic fiasco, of when someone leaked that game and even made a custom server for it..
Now that I think of it though, I don't think it would concern you guys all that much anyway, since you already are making a temporary release to the public anyway, so its not like anything would get spoiled :P

The thing with Fighting is Magic is that they use Fighter Maker 2k2. There are two pre-made server softwares for it so it was just to boot it up and get playing.

We made our server from scratch. (Or should I say Justin started to do it to make it easier to use)

But never the less, a lot of features aren't in this pre-alpha. After all, it's a stress test.

SonicDash

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! :D This weekend is my birthday! So I've got an account on here and am waiting till my birthday and so I can play this! It's gonna be so....AWSOME!!!!! :3

Salveon

OMG My B-Day is the Thursday before this :D best Birthday weekend EVAR!

Also, two questions:
1. If we make our pony, will it be reset for the beta (I assume it will be)?
2. May I record for youtube?
~Salveon

SonicDash

Well happy..um, late birthday! :D

SonicDash

WAIT! -rereads that- Oh! My bad, happy EARLY birthday! :P

Salveon

Quote from: SonicDash on 2012 Sep 22, 14:44:40
WAIT! -rereads that- Oh! My bad, happy EARLY birthday! :P

You Too! :D
~Salveon

Book Smarts

2012 Sep 22, 15:03:08 #74 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 22, 15:11:47 by Book Smarts
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 22, 12:16:09
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 22, 12:02:59
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 22, 11:16:57
We will actually hand out the OSX version too! We wish everyone to be able to stresstest our servers.

ALL OF MY YES!!

You guys rock, I can't wait to find those evil bugs and glitches  :D

We wish NOT to get any bug reports. This is a strict stress test on our servers. We know about most, if not all of the bugs so far.

Aye Aye Swebow  ^-^

Cerebrate

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Sep 22, 13:20:07

They wouldn't have to just create a new server - they'd have to modify the client as well. Currently, the client contacts both the game server, as well as the website (for login and a server list). I would heavily recommend against downloading a modified client, as it'd be relatively trivial to be used it as a trojan. This is also why we are recommending against downloading the game from anywhere else other than what will be provided from the main site.

Bravo 658

Swebow, mind if I give you a hug?

ShadowHeart

Will we have the samepony in beta that we make in prealpha? I
rly don't mind it either way. Btw, if we download it...how can the game go after the stress test?

Wisp

This is sooo awesome :D
I'm going to be at canterlot gardens on saturday, so I will definitely have to try it out after/before the fighting is magic tourney!
I won't be there friday though, so I guess I'm going to have to miss the panel, but I guess I can just watch the live stream later anyway, so that makes me happy :D
Hey there!
I make music.

Go Up