To Tartarus and Back [Sign-Up]

Started by annosrules, 2017 Jan 28, 01:07:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

annosrules

Celestia clears her throat again to gain the attention of the heroes, and says, "While it's all well and good that you are getting along, this is neither the time nor the place for introductions and pleasantries. You have a long road ahead of you. Please, take haste in your actions, time is of the essence."

Space Ace

Aurora was shocked when the mare handed her the crystal. She smiled and thanked her softly, and tucked it into her bag. She made a mental note to repay her later. The passionate way the young mare had spoken about her talent had been wondrous to hear. Aurora wondered if that's how she sounded when she got into talking about magic. She was about to follow Melancholy and greet her other team members, but froze when Celestia's spoke up. She nodded, and looked down.

"Yes, your majesty," She said softly. She lifted her head again and looked up, turning to the team. She trot over to them, and look amongst the members, noting those she hadn't met formally yet. She supposed they would have plenty of time to get to know each other on their journey.

"Ready?"

Peace Keeper

2017 Feb 06, 14:58:33 #22 Last Edit: 2017 Feb 06, 16:19:18 by Peace Keeper
Quote from: LunarDusk on 2017 Feb 06, 04:22:58
Honest's sudden interacting with the unicorn by ear was enough to cause him to flinch along with the fact that some of the attention was starting to shift to him. He didnt seem to know who to respond to first except Shadow who asked him last.

"[glow=purple,2,300]I er...um...y-yes.[/glow]" he said shrinking back a few inches from the stallion Honest who was too close.

Keep hold of it. Don't wanna lose it. You don't seem liie the fighting type, but like that other pony, looks can de decei-

He hears Celestia's call for immediate departure to Tartarus, bringing him a bit of excitement to want to get going. He looks back to Virtuous.

Time to git goin. We'll learn more later.

He comes back out to the crowd and makes his voice heard by the others as he walks over to the guide.

Time to get going. All aboard, we're gonna take the Trail to Tartarus.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Irroro

The smile that Honest Truth had faltered a little when Virtuous Ire scooted away. Although, instead of the smile disappearing, he just turned to look towards Celestia again -- but not before noticing that Melancholy was approaching in his direction. Of course, normally he would've said something in response to an aproaching pony such as her, but then Celestia spoke yet again.

After she spoke, Honest Truth heard Aurora say something to Celestia, but couldn't quite make out what she said. But then, he saw her turning to trot over to the group. When she arrived, she asked us all a simple question, "Ready?"

"I am," Honest Truth said in response. "I just need to fetch something from my house here in Canterlot, and I'll be set." Deciding not to waste anymore time than they already have, Honest Truth lifted himself up back onto his four hoofs with a flap of his wings. He then turned to the entrance and hoofed his red mane from the front upwards and downwards towards his back. "I'll catch you guys later at the guide," he said to them, before lowering his body, spreading his wings, and disappearing into a red and white streak leading out of the council room.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Melancholia

Melancholy's ears went back at Celestia's words. She mumbled an apology and bowed to the Princess again before hurrying along with the rest of the group.

She grimaced as they went outside, holding up a wing to shield her eyes from the sun. She still wasn't used to sunlight, she preferred night time. Things were much quieter and calmer then.

She cleared her throat and looked to her companions, sans Honest, and gives a sheepish smile.

"So... what's Tartarus?" She asks them. She's never heard of it before, though her knowledge of Equestria is lacking. "Sorry if I sound... stupid..." She scratches at the floor with her left hoof. "I really don't know much about Equestria... I grew up believing it was a dead wasteland..."

LunarDusk

Upon hearing Melancholy's question Virtuous took a few seconds of looking back and forth towards his annonymous and the others who were next to them. It seems that he would be the one to answer for them but he didn't speak up in a loud tone but more of a quieter volume.
"[glow=indigo,2,300]Uh, If I may...Tartarus is like...the underworld thats run with creatures like demons[/glow]"
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Space Ace

Aurora's eyes followed the source of the sound- the stallion nearby. She nodded, agreeing that was probably the best description of Tartarus.

"It's a sort of... prison, I suppose, for the creatures who cannot be contained by a normal cell," She added, once the stallion finished speaking. Aurora had never expected to go there herself. She was aware of it, and had read briefly about it somewhere, but had never learned as much as she now wished. However she had never expected to go anywhere near it herself.

"Do not worry about sounding stupid though, I do not know all that much about it myself," she said. It wasn't a place written about often, let alone one people read about.

Melancholia

Melancholy's frown only deepened. "A prison?" She quickly regretted saying that and wished she new more about Equestria. "So... we've got to go there... and take any escaped creatures back to their cells... Alright..." She mused softly.

She cast a wary yellow eye over their still silent guide and cleared her throat.

"At least you guys look like you can take care of yourselves... I'm not a coward, or anything... I'm just... not the fighting type..." She chuckled grimly. "But I promise I'll do my best to support everypony..."

She looked away. "So I guess we just wait for... Honest, I think his name was? Then we can get going..."

She fluttered her wings nervously before tucking them tightly against her body.

Irroro

Just when it seemed like they were going to wait awhile for Honest to arrive, the pegasus appeared, flying over the castle walls towards the cart and guide.

And soon, in bright silver and red, Honest landed heavily by the cart, decked out in some sort of silver and red armor, resembling that of the royal guards', only differences being the red crest on the helm and the silver color of the metal. "So," he said as he turned to look at everypony, "let's get moving guys." He flashed a quick smile to them all, before turning to the guide with a serious expression on his face.

He said to the pony, whom he barely looked at, "You going to guide us or what?"

annosrules

The pony by the cart was a large Eathpony stallion with burgandy coat, brown sun bleached hair, and deep emerald eyes, wearing a brown cowboy hat and leaning unamusedly against the cart's wooden frame.

"I'd expect a little more respect from one of Celestia's 'heroes'. At least the Royal Guard know how to make small talk and apologies while they ransack your house."

Irroro

"Well, I'm not the Royal Guard." Honest said, quickly. "Not anymore, anyways." His expression relaxed as he said that, his gaze shifting over to the wooden cart, before falling onto the stallion once again.

"So, I ask again," Honest said, getting a little irritated, "are you guiding us, or are you not? Simple question, really." Honest said, before turning to the cart, wondering what 'supplies' they actually had. He put his two front hoofs over to the cart's edge. "'Cause if somehow you're some random pony standing around outside the city... Well," He looked at him again, this time looking him up from the top of his hat, down to the bottom of his hoofs, "you look like a pony who'd just stand out here staring at the city." Honest grinned lopsidedly at his joke as he hefted himself up to look over into the cart, his wings assisting in his efforts, holding himself up just enough to have get a glimpse of the contents.

Space Ace

Aurora raised an eyebrow as Honest spoke, but didn't say anything until he was done. She sighed softly, and shook her head.

"I think what our team mate is trying to say is we have been advised to go as soon as possible, and we are ready to begin whenever you are, sir," Aurora said calmly. She held herself back from shooting a light glare in Honest 's direction. If this stallion was to guide them then they had to be polite. She didn't want their guide to get fed up with them and leave them to find their own way.

Melancholia

Melancholy nodded in agreement with Aurora before flashing the stallion a smile. "Yes... and thank you for being our guide... I'm sure a trip to Tartarus must be full of danger..." She then peeked over at the cart. "I assume you have food stores and bedding in there?" She asked.

She then looked at Honest. The fellow Pegasus was a bit brash and bold, it weirdly reminded her of her adoptive brother and made her laugh softly.

"Well I'm ready... as ready as I'll ever be..." She muttered, adjusting her saddlebags, making the potions inside clink together musically. 

annosrules

The stallion listens quietly to the group's separate ways of addressing him, and huffs a sigh after they've finished. Turning away from the group he gives the cart a mighty kick, causing the metallics in the supplies to clang against each other as the cart's harness rises up and lands on the stallions back.

"The road is dangerous!? You don't know the half of it," he begins with a sneer, "and we're traveling light. Food in the cart is to cover the parts of the journey where foraging is impossible, so don't get any ideas about eating it."

The stallion begins trotting down the road, expecting the other ponies to either follow or stay behind.

Irroro

Honest only hovered in the air as he rubbed his muzzle with a foreleg, no longer grinning, but glaring in the general direction of the stallion. "Darn earth pony," he muttered, as he rubbed his hurt face with a hoof. "Worse than the friendship express!" He said, under his breath.

Once he felt like the front of his face wasn't​ going to throb-splode anymore, he looked at the foreleg he used. After that, he glanced over at the rest of the group behind him before looking back at their supposed 'guide'.

Honest only sighed and retracted his glare as he lowered himself from the air to the ground. Then, with reluctant vigor, he trotted after the earth pony with light steps.

Peace Keeper

Shadow trotted along with the group next to the cart, fully prepared and ready to take on the trip. Though he never ventured into Tartarus, he is willing to take on the unknown, and with his past trainings he feels confident of his abilities. He trots a bit ahead to meet with the stallion pulling the cart.

Yo! You seem like the pony to have gone everywhere, even through Hades and back. Care to give a biography lesson?
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

annosrules

"A biography lesson? Kid, if you wanted a professor you should turn around and trot yourself to the academy.  Celestia's just lucky that I owe her a favor, otherwise you'd be taking less than conventional means of transportation, believe me," the guide replies to peacekeeper in a condescending tone, especially since he wouldn't seem to be too much older than the rest of them despite appearances.

LunarDusk

Virtuous made sure that he stayed close to Shadow as means to prevent getting lost or getting stuck with someone he doesnt know much. Even up to the head of the pack, he hasn't said a word yet to the earth pony. But, after hearing his kurt response, he'd possibly get an earfull if he did.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Peace Keeper

*-It's Shadow Knight x3

------------------------------------------

Woah hey.... oh nutz.

Shadow said to himself now realizing his words. He took a slap at himself in the face for his dumb use of words. He took a moment to regain his composure and speaks again to the guide.

My bad. Meant to say autobiography. Just came to know you more, ya know?

Space Ace

Aurora trot to keep up with the cart, her curly mane bouncing with each step. She chose to stay quiet for now, but her mind began to wander, and she wondered what their quest would entail. She shook the negative thoughts of her head, reminding herself everyone would be fine. If they couldn't do this then they wouldn't have been chosen.

She took a deep breath, and continued with a determined look on her face.

Go Up