Equestria Girls 3 details (SPOILERS, of course!)

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2015 Feb 16, 05:39:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Feb 16, 05:39:55 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 16, 22:04:35 by Chishio Kunrin
Well, in a video of the upcoming EG and MLP toys, they revealed some details about what Equestria Girls 3 is gonna be about and gave a tiny spoiler.
(I also spotted a tinier spoiler in the actual pony section of the presentation.)
Spoiler: show

EG3 is looking pretty interesting, but right now, I can't say for sure if I'm gonna be hyped about it or not.

Post Merge

I forgot to talk about some of the stuff in the video. :P Also, they gave a slight spoiler about something in the movie.
So um...
Not liking the Flash Sentry doll much. Why does he have visible pecks and abs? And he comes in a package with Twilight, but that Twilight has glasses, which means...
[spoiler]It's the real human Twilight! Which makes this creepy. Seriously. "Hi, you're new here and you don't know me, but you look exactly like a pony princess I'm in love with, so do you wanna go out on a date and grab some coffee?"
[/spoiler]
Spoiler: Movie spoiler • show
Spoiler: Be careful • show
Midnight Sparkle??? I am pretty curious to see how that happens. Does this mean human world Twilight will go evil, or what?

Spoiler: What the movie's about • show
The mane six will participate in a sporting event against students from Crystal Prep Academy. The Crystal Prep students' team is the Shadowbolts. Of course.
They'll participate in archery, rollerskating, and motocross. Motorcycles! Yes!
I wonder what magical enemy they'll have to face.
Spoiler: Regarding the movie spoiler • show
What if the magical enemy they have to face is human Twilight? o_o

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

wingedpineapple

2015 Feb 17, 16:40:44 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 17, 16:44:26 by wingedpineapple
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 16, 05:39:55
EG3 is looking pretty interesting, but right now, I can't say for sure if I'm gonna be hyped about it or not.

Not liking the Flash Sentry doll much. Why does he have visible pecks and abs? And he comes in a package with Twilight, but that Twilight has glasses, which means...
[spoiler]It's the real human Twilight! Which makes this creepy. Seriously. "Hi, you're new here and you don't know me, but you look exactly like a pony princess I'm in love with, so do you wanna go out on a date and grab some coffee?"
[/spoiler]

The mane six will participate in a sporting event against students from Crystal Prep Academy. The Crystal Prep students' team is the Shadowbolts. Of course.
Spoiler: Regarding the movie spoiler • show
What if the magical enemy they have to face is human Twilight? o_o

I wonder if Flash would have visible pecks and abs in the movie :v

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[move][/move]

Dream Dust

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 17, 16:40:44
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oh I do hope you are right. This would be such a great way to introduce her character. The potential is all over the place, and it is kind of like a call back to the pony world in that Twilight wouldn't think making friends is important to her life. (Unless the Shadow Bolts happen to be a friend team, I don't know.) I also like the Shadow Bolts being like the originals from Episode 2. They worked for Luna and a nightmare Twilight. It's all so very exciting!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 17, 16:40:44
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

O: *Gasps until she can't inhale anymore*
[spoiler]This is a great way to introduce her, rather than having her just transfer to Canterlot High! Wow! Of course, of course she goes to another school! I wonder if she's very close to Principal Cadance.
I wonder if her being with the Shadowbolts has anything to do with
[spoiler]*Whispers* Midnight Sparkle.
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 16, 05:39:55

Hasn't Principal Hugelegs Celestia learned her lesson about hosting events like this by now? Canterlot's taxpayers can't be too happy about the untold damage to school property they keep having to fund repairs for...

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Feb 17, 19:06:38 #5 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 18, 01:51:30 by Chishio Kunrin
After a short conversation with Trege, we've come to a conclusion about the plot, and since we might be right, this is possible spoiler material.
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Human Twilight is friends with the Shadowbolts, and they're really mean and a bad influence, so they cause her to be mean, too. It shows how being friends with the wrong kind of people can influence you and cause you to become the wrong kind of person.

This also explains why she apparently becomes Midnight Sparkle toward the end of the movie, like that lady in the video said. Human world Twilight is the antagonist! The past two movies, the antagonists have had transformations during the climax of the movie! Sunset Shimmer turned into a demon, and the Dazzlings powered up to have wings and pony ears and then summoned astral projections of their siren forms. The fact that human world Twilight will have a transformation toward the end shows that she is the antagonist of the movie! :I

Does this mean pony world Twilight will come to the human world to help the rest of the human mane six save the day?!
Edit: Orrrr... Will Sunset Shimmer have to band together with the other five to save the day?! :D I'd love that! In Rainbow Rocks, she got a pony power-up, so we know she can do it!
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Man, looking at the toys and promotional material really unveils a lot about the plot. ovO

Dream Dust

Reading everyone's thoughts just makes me want this movie more. I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying this movie looks like it will be more epic than the first two.  0:) Though I did like the 2nd one a lot.

Please keep the ideas flowing!

Lync Volan

Spoiler: If You Click This Tab Your Torment Shall NEVER END! • show
every time i hear the rumor about Eg3 and its story i get disappointed (which i stated in another topic i think) that it looks like the movies main focus will be Spitfire & Rainbow Dash (not that i dislike them) its just of course i want the movie to revolve around Sunset Shimmer again :3

also if Flash starts going out with Alternate world twilight i'm seriously gonna BLEH!!!
cause that would make NO SENSE At all Especially since Rainbow Rocks "ALMOST" K.I.S.S Scene  >:/
(with Equestria Twilight)
(but i guess they could use the over protective brother joke if it did happen) 

also i know someone who wants to see Shining armor & Cadence in the 3rd movie and his reaction to finding out the opposing school was pleasant :]

but if they do show up i would totally want Shining Armor to sing (just cause lol)
Spoiler: Shining Armor singing comic • show

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 18, 07:36:10
every time i hear the rumor about Eg3 and its story i get disappointed (which i stated in another topic i think) that it looks like the movies main focus will be Spitfire & Rainbow Dash (not that i dislike them) its just of course i want the movie to revolve around Sunset Shimmer again :3

also if Flash starts going out with Alternate world twilight i'm seriously gonna BLEH!!!
cause that would make NO SENSE At all Especially since Rainbow Rocks "ALMOST" K.I.S.S Scene  >:/

also i know someone who wants to see Shining armor & Cadence in the 3rd movie and his reaction to finding out the opposing school was pleasant :]

but if they do show up i would totally want Shining Armor to sing (just cause lol)
Spoiler: Shining Armor singing comic • show

Actually, I haven't seen a single thing about Spitfire from the official stuff. I haven't even seen Spitfire herself. :o
It looks like all the dolls of the other characters are brand new characters.
I'd love it if my theory about Sunset Shimmer teaming up with the other five to save the day is right.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 18, 08:42:58
Actually, I haven't seen a single thing about Spitfire from the official stuff. I haven't even seen Spitfire herself. :o
It looks like all the dolls of the other characters are brand new characters.
I'd love it if my theory about Sunset Shimmer teaming up with the other five to save the day is right.

Spoiler: Click This Unless You Want Me To Make A Bluff like "Your Torment Shall NEVER END!" • show
well given Spitfire is indeed part of the soccer team (at least in the comic) i'm sure she will be in it and given Soccer is like Rainbows #1 sport (as far as i know) they are sure to be working hand and hand

also i like your idea but why in Celestia! would they leave out Equestria Twilight? (where is the "so called" meaningless romance in that without Equestria Twilight there won't be anymore FlashXTwilight scenes DD:)

^Click,CLick,CLIck,CLICk,CLICK o_O ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 18, 09:39:00
Spoiler: Click This Unless You Want Me To Make A Bluff like "Your Torment Shall NEVER END!" • show
well given Spitfire is indeed part of the soccer team (at least in the comic) i'm sure she will be in it and given Soccer is like Rainbows #1 sport (as far as i know) they are sure to be working hand and hand

also i like your idea but why in Celestia! would they leave out Equestria Twilight? (where is the "so called" meaningless romance in that without Equestria Twilight there won't be anymore FlashXTwilight scenes DD:)

^Click,CLick,CLIck,CLICk,CLICK o_O ovO

*Shrug* There is no soccer in their sporting event, apparently.
The sports are archery, rollerskating, and motocross (motorcycles).
[spoiler]And I think there will be FlashxTwilight scenes, just... with human world Twilight. X3 I mean, they even posed the human world Twilight doll and the Flash doll holding hands in the toy fair presentation. And they said Flash and human world Twilight come in a package together. Of course, they didn't say that this Twilight isn't the Equestria Twilight, but you can tell because of her glasses. They're just like the glasses that the human world Twilight wore in the Rainbow Rocks after credits scene.
[/spoiler]

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 18, 10:10:41
*Shrug* There is no soccer in their sporting event, apparently.
The sports are archery, rollerskating, and motocross (motorcycles).
[spoiler]And I think there will be FlashxTwilight scenes, just... with human world Twilight. X3 I mean, they even posed the human world Twilight doll and the Flash doll holding hands in the toy fair presentation. And they said Flash and human world Twilight come in a package together. Of course, they didn't say that this Twilight isn't the Equestria Twilight, but you can tell because of her glasses. They're just like the glasses that the human world Twilight wore in the Rainbow Rocks after credits scene.
[/spoiler]
no soccer? what in the crazy heck is wrong with this picture then >:O!?
seriously though...that just seems crazy since thats like the main sport in Eg1 and the comic

Spoiler: i think i sound "ragey" XD • show
and if Flash is being paired with Alternate World Twilight instead of Equestria Twilight i go back to my first statement "BLEH!!!"

ya can't just replace your mate cause they have a look alike thats just messed up DD:

and Equestria Twilight already has scenes with Flash in both movies why in the 3rd movie would they replace her with alternate world Twilight? like i don't mind both Twilight's having scenes with Flash but pairing alternate Twilight with Flash is simply messed up and is just..."Out There" especially since she seems so "secluded" and what not like how Equestria Twilight started out and if that all changes in the just of 1 movie to already start pairing her with Flash she better have a HUGE experiences of sorts :l 

the fandom pairing them is fine though i have no right to have a say in that but it simply makes no sense to me :s
(i really can't see how it would work out since Flash and Equestria Twilight already have a thing going and out of the blue it is redirected to Alternate world Twilight? Where Is The loyalty for crying out loud!?)
(but i do notice 1 thing in common they both have being the complaints the Fandom gives about Flash not having much of a story or character input which Alternate world Twilight doesn't have much of a story yet nor character input aside from the similarities to Equestria Twilight)

but i'm sure almost everyone knows "Common ground is not EVERYTHING" so simply 1 thing in common does not just this setup

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 18, 11:54:37
no soccer? what in the crazy heck is wrong with this picture then >:O!?
seriously though...that just seems crazy since thats like the main sport in Eg1 and the comic

Spoiler: i think i sound "ragey" XD • show
and if Flash is being paired with Alternate World Twilight instead of Equestria Twilight i go back to my first statement "BLEH!!!"

ya can't just replace your mate cause they have a look alike thats just messed up DD:

and Equestria Twilight already has scenes with Flash in both movies why in the 3rd movie would they replace her with alternate world Twilight? like i don't mind both Twilight's having scenes with Flash but pairing alternate Twilight with Flash is simply messed up and is just..."Out There" especially since she seems so "secluded" and what not like how Equestria Twilight started out and if that all changes in the just of 1 movie to already start pairing her with Flash she better have a HUGE experiences of sorts :l 

the fandom pairing them is fine though i have no right to have a say in that but it simply makes no sense to me :s
(i really can't see how it would work out since Flash and Equestria Twilight already have a thing going and out of the blue it is redirected to Alternate world Twilight? Where Is The loyalty for crying out loud!?)
(but i do notice 1 thing in common they both have being the complaints the Fandom gives about Flash not having much of a story or character input which Alternate world Twilight doesn't have much of a story yet nor character input aside from the similarities to Equestria Twilight)

but i'm sure almost everyone knows "Common ground is not EVERYTHING" so simply 1 thing in common does not just this setup

Yeah, plus it's kind of creepy to go after someone like "Hi there, we just met, but I have huge crush on you because you look exactly like this girl I have a massive crush on. Wanna get some coffee?"

I think the problem for Flash is that pony Twilight permanently lives in the pony world and rarely comes to visit. He's never gonna get to have a real relationship with her, since they don't even stay in contact. He even showed that he misses her by asking if she was gonna show up in the beginning of Rainbow Rocks.
However, human Twilight on the other hand permanently lives in the human world. If they get together, they'll actually always be around and have a foreseeable future together.

wingedpineapple

Remember guys, human flash and pony twilight fall in love for not reasonable reason and they can't be together anyways, stay with the human twilight is the most reasonable thing to do, supposing she fall in love of him as her ponyself :v
[move][/move]

Dream Dust

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 18, 07:36:10

I hadn't even thought about how awkward Flash and human world Twilight would be!  o_o That is strange, how do you bring that romance out. Like, Flash can't just walk up and try to be 'friendly' without human Twilight getting frightened by his sudden advance. It's strange. But I guess it's okay because pony Twilight was crushing on pony Flash at the same time so .  .  . yeah, this got even more awkward.

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: About the Flash situation • show
Oh, oh, what if he walks up to her, and he's like "Hey, Twilight!" and she's like
Human Twi: Do I know you?
Flash: Um. Yeah? I like your new glasses, by the way.
Human Twi: These aren't exactly new.
Flash: Huh?
Human Twi: I think you have me confused with someone else. *Walks away*
Flash: o.O??????
lol They're gonna think she's pony Twilight! Except Pinkie, who has apparently seen her before, considering what she said in the first movie.

But yeah, as soon as I realized the doll was human Twilight, I was like "Ew, that's awkward and weird."
I really do think that if they naturally develop an interest in each other (instead of going "*Bumps into* Oh teehee you're cute let's date"), it'd be better for Flash to be with human Twilight. Pony Twilight won't be there most of the time, and he misses her. He can have an actual relationship with human Twilight.

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 19, 09:49:17 #16 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 19, 09:55:38 by Lync Volan
Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 18, 15:23:41
Remember guys, human flash and pony twilight fall in love for not reasonable reason and they can't be together anyways, stay with the human twilight is the most reasonable thing to do, supposing she fall in love of him as her ponyself :v

Spoiler: you shall never forgive yourself! • show
i refrence a lot so...GwenXKevin (Ben 10 lol)
so Bleh to your "Not Reasonable" thing DD:

Post Merge

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 19, 02:00:29
Spoiler: About the Flash situation • show
Oh, oh, what if he walks up to her, and he's like "Hey, Twilight!" and she's like
Human Twi: Do I know you?
Flash: Um. Yeah? I like your new glasses, by the way.
Human Twi: These aren't exactly new.
Flash: Huh?
Human Twi: I think you have me confused with someone else. *Walks away*
Flash: o.O??????
lol They're gonna think she's pony Twilight! Except Pinkie, who has apparently seen her before, considering what she said in the first movie.

But yeah, as soon as I realized the doll was human Twilight, I was like "Ew, that's awkward and weird."
I really do think that if they naturally develop an interest in each other (instead of going "*Bumps into* Oh teehee you're cute let's date"), it'd be better for Flash to be with human Twilight. Pony Twilight won't be there most of the time, and he misses her. He can have an actual relationship with human Twilight.

Spoiler: FlashXEquestria Twilight FOREVER! • show
]do none of you believe in long distance rela's >A<?
(i'm really raging on this subject it seems lol)[/spoiler
[hr]Post Merge[hr]
Spoiler: Excuse me i'm just doing a thing • show
also i find the "bump in" thing to be adorable
they wouldn't mess with the little adorable Rarity and Spike state why they gotta mess with Flash & Equestria Twilight DD:?

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 19, 09:49:17
Spoiler: you shall never forgive yourself! • show
i refrence a lot so...GwenXKevin (Ben 10 lol)
so Bleh to your "Not Reasonable" thing DD:

Just wait and see how Flash cheats Twilight with Twilight ovO
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Feb 19, 09:49:17
Post Merge
Spoiler: FlashXEquestria Twilight FOREVER! • show
]do none of you believe in long distance rela's >A<?
(i'm really raging on this subject it seems lol)[/spoiler
[hr]Post Merge[hr]
Spoiler: Excuse me i'm just doing a thing • show
also i find the "bump in" thing to be adorable
they wouldn't mess with the little adorable Rarity and Spike state why they gotta mess with Flash & Equestria Twilight DD:?

The bump into thing is adorable, but it was kind of a "I suddenly have a crush on you for little reason" thing. Though, I really applaud them for not having Twilight be like girls typically are in high school movies/shows where the only thing she would be able to think about at all times is Flash. When he's around, she gets adorably awkward. When he's not, she gets back to business and focuses on stopping evil. I like that. Girls in real life don't become mindless zombies when they get a crush on a boy, so why should girls in movies and TV shows become that?

I do believe in long distance relationships, but so far, Twilight hasn't really held up the "relationship" part of "long distance relationship." If she had, Flash would've just asked her if she was gonna visit for the musical showcase instead of going to the human world mane five and asking them. He misses her and apparently doesn't have contact with her while she's in the pony world.

Honestly, the only way I'll really be okay with Flash switching to human Twilight is if he, pony Twilight, and human Twilight all three mutually agree on it.

Lync Volan

2015 Feb 19, 22:37:44 #19 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 19, 22:45:17 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 19, 12:57:49
I do believe in long distance relationships, but so far, Twilight hasn't really held up the "relationship" part of "long distance relationship."

Spoiler: Books Are Amazing *~* • show
well Flash & Twilight don't really have a close Relationship yet so Twilight isn't really obligated to do so but since Sunset Shimmer has that book who knows maybe Flash will borrow it or something?

Post Merge

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 19, 11:41:11
Just wait and see how Flash cheats Twilight with Twilight ovO

i sense somepineapple is tempting me >:/
Spoiler: peanut butter and jelly with a baseball bat • show

Post Merge

Spoiler: Strange Idea • show
i had a strange idea that i don't completely agree on but...
what if Human Flash & Pony Flash switch places? its not like Human Flash has much of a strong connection to the Human world (as far as i can tell) aside from his crew/band mates who could come along with him besides the Portal is open as far as i can tell so...
but i can't think of why Pony Flash would leave Equestria
just think about it though it could be like that certain Disney movie :3

Go Up