General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 01, 02:22:49
I'm assuming you got one of the games as a gift?

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Nov 21, 17:50:30
I am officially a proud owner of Omega Ruby.  :D

Keep something in mind, however. I probably won't be playing it anytime soon. In fact, I probably won't be playing it for a whole month. Why? Because I need a walkthrough for it. That's why.

So there you go.

^^^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

2015 Jan 01, 18:14:09 #221 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 01, 21:55:48 by Rikaria
Oh right... That reminds me: they didn't sell the guide the same day as when the games came out (at least, at my local GameStop). Not like I need it now, but... ugh...

EDIT: Added a new Base under my spoiler.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Buttercookie

Few thing I'd like to say about this game (Mostly good stuff, but I'm sorta a critique on stuff.)
1. It is a remake, but why did they not have the clothing customization?
2. Why are the pokemon centers suddenly being separated from the pokemarts?
3. KYOGRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. So sad that Hoenn now only has 1 Mythical Pokemon.
5. KYUREM!!!
6. KELDEO!!!! Wait, Keldeo isn't that exciting.
7. Why do people dis Rayquaza's mega evolution?  >:/
8. Wish there was Dream Link, that was always fun.
9. Best remake.
10. When I said every legendary, I weren't counting Mythical Pokemon, Mythical Pokemon are event pokes, and don't count to completing the Pokedex.
Birthday cakes... Go with cookies...
Birthdays for life

KirbyFluttershy

Well The answers are

1. the original version never had a clothing customization

2. That's how the original version started out with. The Pokemon centers and pokemart were always separate from the start of their original version.

and 3. I have no idea. I never used mega rayquaza myself.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

cloudwilk

I think they should've kept the poke center and poke mart separated but clothing customization should've stayed rather than be a gen quirk. (Just like two genders stayed and megas.)

This really is the best remake XD I usually don't care for the remakes.. (though I did like the pokemon following feature in soul silver) but this was fun XD

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Rikaria

Character customization was something unique only to Kalos (X/Y); one of the Game Freak developers (or more than one of them) even stated that in an interview. Either way, I don't really mind that it's not in OR/AS; the Super-Secret Bases already keep me occupied enough when it comes to customization *points to all the QR Codes I have under my spoiler on the first post*

LostSanity

You know... this game is fun and all... and I like it. Seriously. I do.

It's just... well... as much as I like beating down Team Magma once again, (which I do seriously  :D) at the same time, I kind of wish they put Emerald elements into this game to allow you to beat down Team Aqua as well.

I wonder why they didn't?

*sighs*

:s

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 07, 18:00:55
You know... this game is fun and all... and I like it. Seriously. I do.

It's just... well... as much as I like beating down Team Magma once again, (which I do seriously  :D) at the same time, I kind of wish they put Emerald elements into this game to allow you to beat down Team Aqua as well.

I wonder why they didn't?

*sighs*

I see your point, and I would like that too, but I'd like it to stick with the original. But y'know with that stuff that the remakes add. I really don't know how to word it better.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2015 Jan 08, 10:20:07 #228 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 08, 14:43:52 by Rikaria
Kinda doubt there's gonna be a Delta Emerald (even if Game Freak does have it trademarked for copyright purposes), but we'll see...

If anything, Pokémon Z will probably come out first (Zygarde really needs a buff of some sort since it apparently has the lowest Base Stats out of all Legendaries so far; if that's wrong, then it has the lowest out of the Kalos Legendaries).

EDIT: Contrary Serperior is now officially out in Japan!
EDIT 2: One of my Japanese friends managed to get me a Contrary Snivy :D It's male though, so give me some time to try to get more if you want one.

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 08, 10:20:07
Kinda doubt there's gonna be a Delta Emerald (even if Game Freak does have it trademarked for copyright purposes), but we'll see...

If anything, Pokémon Z will probably come out first (Zygarde really needs a buff of some sort since it apparently has the lowest Base Stats out of all Legendaries so far; if that's wrong, then it has the lowest out of the Kalos Legendaries).

EDIT: Contrary Serperior is now officially out in Japan!
EDIT 2: One of my Japanese friends managed to get me a Contrary Snivy :D It's male though, so give me some time to try to get more if you want one.

I never said I wanted a remake of Emerald. All I said is that I don't understand why they didn't add Emerald elements to Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

KirbyFluttershy

I'd get one for everyone here, but my brother has to update his alpha sapphire on his japanese 3DS in order for me to get it.

Rikaria

I'm already in the middle of breeding Contrary Snivy, though it'll probably take me longer than I thought because I'm actually trying to go for 5-6 perfect IVs for the first time in my whole Pokémon career. (No, I don't need breeding tips.)

KirbyFluttershy

I'm guessing that you're gonna do a contrary snivy giveaway?

Rikaria

I suppose you can call it that. Only the ones who want a Contrary Snivy will get one; I won't be Wonder/GTS Trading any since just preparing them is already taking up a lot of my time (and I'm still not done as of this post).

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 08, 21:41:59
I'm already in the middle of breeding Contrary Snivy, though it'll probably take me longer than I thought because I'm actually trying to go for 5-6 perfect IVs for the first time in my whole Pokémon career. (No, I don't need breeding tips.)

Breeding for IV's can be a real pain, I feel ya.  I've made exactly one perfect-iv Pokemon by accident.  Best of luck on your quest for perfect Pokemon!

GlassMirror

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 09, 17:29:24
Breeding for IV's can be a real pain, I feel ya.  I've made exactly one perfect-iv Pokemon by accident.  Best of luck on your quest for perfect Pokemon!

Mostly ready. I have a few 5 IV Pokémon now, but they're not Snivy (the Pokémon in question is Whismur, which I'll be using for future breeding giveaways). I will hopefully have them ready by tomorrow at the earliest, but no promises.

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2015 Jan 09, 18:06:39
what do you mean by contrary?? o.O

Contrary is an Ability where moves used by the owner that would normally lower its stats will instead be raised, and vice versa. In the case of Snivy/Servine/Serperior, it's their Hidden Ability that was previously unobtainable till now (thanks to a Japan-only distribution). Why it's such a big deal is because for those three Leaf Storm would originally lower Snivy/Servine/Serperior's Special Attack by two levels; in the case of Contrary, it RAISES Special Attack by two levels, making Leaf Storm a massive threat. That being said, Snivy/Servine/Serperior isn't invincible.

KirbyFluttershy

Apparently using modest nature with choice specs or weakness policy (if hit with a weakness) will make leaf storm OP'd.

Rikaria

2015 Jan 10, 17:46:59 #238 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 10, 18:23:45 by Rikaria
Funny you should mention that: I actually am breeding Modest Snivy. Getting those items you mentioned, on the other hand... well... I'm not a fan of Battle Maison, so I use the Battle Institute (in Mauville City) to get my BP (even if I don't do well).

EDIT: Ugh... Why does the female ratio for Snivy have to be so horrible... That's the ONLY thing that's keeping me from breeding lots of 4-6 IV Snivy... Hold that thought! So many hours later, I finally have a 5 IV male AND female Contrary Snivy! :D

I'm taking breeding requests for them now. Please remember that I'll only give you one if you actually want it. Also, you can only have one regardless of the gender (this took up a lot of time, y'know x.x). That being said, if you want a female, you'll have to give me more time to prepare one. All the ones I'll be giving have 4-5 perfect IVs.

Naura

I can take a male or a female, any special Pokémon you'd like in return? If you want to finish the Pokédex or so.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Go Up