Tough World for Bronies

Started by HerpyDooves, 2013 May 09, 06:43:42

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

I've decided to where my Rainbow Dash t-shirt to school, with no hoodie, with no one having knowledge out of the 1600 people (except my brother) there, knowing that I am a brony.

I've seen several people do it before, and I've even that one youtube video where the kid tells his class about the show, so if he can do that, I can at least wear a t-shirt. I'll tell you guys how my day was when I get home. ;)

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

HerpyDooves

Alright, I'm back! And it went waaay better than I expected:

Before School - Right before school, my friend Ashton was the first to look at my shirt and say "Oh, so you're a Brony", and after he said that, several other friends looked.

1st period - French - Pretty typical
2nd period - Gym - We ran the mile, so no one really noticed.
3rd period - Band - Ah, 3rd period, my first random IRL brohoof. The reason why I won't forget this day.
4th period - Study Hall - Since I was wearing a pony shirt, there probably wasn't any reason I couldn't draw ponies the whole time...
5th period - Math - Another typical period
6th period - Lunch - There was a fight about 10 minutes after the period started, so it took a bit before anyone really noticed my shirt. This is also when I started to get harassed.
7th period - Global Studies - ANOTHER typical period
8th period - English - Typical period, again...
9th period - Biology - The one who was harassing me spent about 15-20 minutes bothering me about my shirt.

The day seemed pretty normal mostly, but it did have its moments. Today was awesome altogether, though.

super_chris85

wow that is nothing like when I announced I was a brony everyone I told was just like meh or welcome to the herd

I'm glad nothing got to bad for you ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Hmm, the first time I wore a brony shirt to the grocery store, a girl saw it, giggled, and started telling her grandma about bronies. I'm not sure if what she said was good or bad, since it's hard to listen to what someone down the aisle is saying when your mom is talking to you. X3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

HerpyDooves

When you're a Brony, it's usually important to have a ton of confidence. Like, I probably wouldn't be into the comic series right now if I weren't able to build up the confidence to buy them at the Comic Shop. (The guys that work there are awesome, anyway)

I dunno, I'm just proud to say I'm a Brony.

The Wandering Magus

great job!  glad you were able to do it :)
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

HerpyDooves

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 May 10, 11:49:49
great job!  glad you were able to do it :)

Thanks! I'm so proud myself too. :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 May 09, 23:29:11
When you're a Brony, it's usually important to have a ton of confidence. Like, I probably wouldn't be into the comic series right now if I weren't able to build up the confidence to buy them at the Comic Shop. (The guys that work there are awesome, anyway)

Oh man, I still need to buy the comics. But it's probably easier for girl bronies, except for the "Aren't you a little old to like MLP?" question. X3

Congrats, btw. :D

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 May 11, 00:52:54

Oh man, I still need to buy the comics. But it's probably easier for girl bronies, except for the "Aren't you a little old to like MLP?" question. X3

Thanks, and speaking of comics, I made the dumbest mistake EVER:

The other day, I went into the Comic Shop to get the MLP comic for May, so I grabbed the one with Rarity on the moon, not looking to see if it was the 7th or not, bought it, and we drove away. Halfway on my way home did I noticed that it was the April edition... just with a different cover. Lucky me, I grabbed the last one there, too. lol

I was looking forward to the May edition, too... but I'm going back next week, hopefully. And the May edition will be there... hopefully. :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 May 11, 00:59:30

The other day, I went into the Comic Shop to get the MLP comic for May, so I grabbed the one with Rarity on the moon, not looking to see if it was the 7th or not, bought it, and we drove away. Halfway on my way home did I noticed that it was the April edition... just with a different cover. Lucky me, I grabbed the last one there, too. lol

I was looking forward to the May edition, too... but I'm going back next week, hopefully. And the May edition will be there... hopefully. :P

Yeah, each edition has multiple covers to encourage people to buy them. :D The first edition had six covers, each one having one of the mane six on it.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 May 11, 02:08:53
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 May 11, 00:59:30

Yeah, each edition has multiple covers to encourage people to buy them. :D The first edition had six covers, each one having one of the mane six on it.

I think in the back of the comics, they have store-exclusive covers, also.

Cotton Ball

Not too hard for me 7 bronies in my class counting me.  I also wore my celestia shirt to school once nobody noticed really .   I'm just trying to watch out because of the popular girls they might figure out about my secret.  The secret that im a brony
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 May 12, 06:55:26
Not too hard for me 7 bronies in my class counting me.  I also wore my celestia shirt to school once nobody noticed really .   I'm just trying to watch out because of the popular girls they might figure out about my secret.  The secret that im a brony

Since when is it taboo for a 9 year old girl to like My Little Pony?  O:

Cotton Ball

I dont really know :P It just is where I live at my school and middle school where I'm going to
[move][/move]

Natsu

While all this is greatest of news, it honestly depends on your area.

Bronies are great, yeah, but I simply don't have the required...I guess, assurance to wear a shirt with a multi-colored horse on it. 

You could simply wear a shirt with a pony on it, without captions, and nobody would really bother you.  To them, It's like seeing people with those stupid adventure-time hats.

But putting something like "BROHOOF" on captions would get you shunned by most individuals. Keep in mind, 'it honestly depends on your area.'

I wouldn't ever use the word confidence, because when it comes to bravery; I'm at the top. I'd rather be a normal human being than become a martyr for a year or three lasting fandom.

But hey, Hooves, great job! I'm happy to see you weren't clobbered by malevolent individuals wearing swag, yolo and possibly call of duty T-shirts(Though the cod fans are really all talk no horn).

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Natsu on 2013 May 28, 19:33:10
While all this is greatest of news, it honestly depends on your area.

Bronies are great, yeah, but I simply don't have the required...I guess, assurance to wear a shirt with a multi-colored horse on it. 

You could simply wear a shirt with a pony on it, without captions, and nobody would really bother you.  To them, It's like seeing people with those stupid adventure-time hats.

But putting something like "BROHOOF" on captions would get you shunned by most individuals. Keep in mind, 'it honestly depends on your area.'

I wouldn't ever use the word confidence, because when it comes to bravery; I'm at the top. I'd rather be a normal human being than become a martyr for a year or three lasting fandom.

But hey, Hooves, great job! I'm happy to see you weren't clobbered by malevolent individuals wearing swag, yolo and possibly call of duty T-shirts(Though the cod fans are really all talk no horn).

I'm not usually one for buying pony merchandise, I mean, I own 1 shirt, a few coloring books and some of the fanfic comic books I spend 5 bucks on just so I have something to read on the way home. (I do enjoy the little series though)

And, to be honest, I'm not too sure I can say I was brave, I was just proud of how much confidence I had. The fact that I could wear a Brony shirt in public should be enough to say something, but in my school, I don't think it could really matter if I wore it or not (I mean, I know people that don't even know what Youtube is, nevertheless what a "Brony" is).

To me, this was more like a... "self-improvement" ordeal, if you may.

Cotton Ball

No one really cares  if i wear ponies. Once I wore a celestia shirt to school and nothing happened.  Also I don't care if i get bullied. I have a back up plan  ^-^
[move][/move]

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 May 28, 19:46:33
No one really cares  if i wear ponies. Once I wore a celestia shirt to school and nothing happened.  Also I don't care if i get bullied. I have a back up plan  ^-^

... what's your back-up plan, exactly?

super_chris85

It is escape plan alpha you throw your hands in the air and scream out "whoo whooo whoo whoop"

Go Up