Reasons why Season Three is Better than expected

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Dec 09, 22:29:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

2012 Dec 09, 22:29:03 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 09, 22:31:08 by HerpyDooves
Here I shall make a list of reasons as to why Season 3 has only given benefit to the show! (Talk in spoilers!)

Spoiler: Episode 1 and 2 • show

- Newly discovered Empire
- Princess Cadance has been identified as a Princess of an Empire
- New villain! King Sombra!

Spoiler: Episode 3 • show

- Discovered a pond that allows you to clone yourself

Spoiler: Episode 4 • show

- New member to CMC! Also, she did say that she will spread the word of the CMC down at Manehatten!
- A very popular song!

Spoiler: Episode 5 • show

- Found out that 'Alicorn' is the true term
- Trixie is no longer a villain (Can be good and bad)

Spoiler: Episode 6 • show

- Found out that Luna can enter your dreams when needed most
- Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash are closer friends now

You guys can always give me more info for the list, as long as it's reasonable! Also, I may not get to it as soon as possible if you do want me to add something, because I have been very, very busy lately, and just haven't been able to get on lately anymore since a few weeks ago.

Midnight Breeze

Spoiler: show
When was Trixie good, exactly? She turned Ponyville into a hellhole, enslaved all the residence, and the way she treated Snips and Snails was borderline child abuse.

And how does the situation get resolved?

Trixie: Sorry, Twi. We cool?

Twilight: LOL, sure sis.

I'm all for forgiveness, but really, there's a limit to how much someone can get away with. I would have liked to see face some actual consequences for her actions.

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2012 Dec 09, 23:55:44
When was Trixie good, exactly? She turned Ponyville into a hellhole, enslaved all the residence, and the way she treated Snips and Snails was borderline child abuse.

And how does the situation get resolved?

Trixie: Sorry, Twi. We cool?

Twilight: LOL, sure sis.

I'm all for forgiveness, but really, there's a limit to how much someone can get away with. I would have liked to see face some actual consequences for her actions.

The only reason she did all that in season 3 was because of the alicorn amulet. It corrupted her mind and made her meaner than she should've.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

HerpyDooves

2012 Dec 10, 08:12:46 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 12, 17:55:07 by McSleuthburger
But I do see what you mean, but it's really not her fault. Ever watch Adventure Time when they go down to the Nightosphere and Finn puts on that necklace and is corrupted with evil? That's what it was like when Trixie put on the Alicorn Amulet. I mean, I wouldn't blame her either, to be honest.

Book Smarts

This season is more mature than the other two, but at the same, you can see that the story writers for this season are taking a whole different path compared to the past 2 seasons.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 10, 08:28:19
This season is more mature than the other two, but at the same, you can see that the story writers for this season are taking a whole different path compared to the past 2 seasons.

Exactly. The third season has improved the story a bit, and is actually getting somewhere. (Nothing against season one or two.)

Night Pony

They provide a story that is spanned across the season. Also some returns and references from previous seasons.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

GuitarBrony

2012 Dec 11, 15:16:35 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 12, 17:55:49 by McSleuthburger
There is definitely a difference. Our societies. Our own, human society tends to deal with things of this nature with an "eye for an eye" type of approach, where crime is (meant to be) dealt with in the form of punishment as implemented by law enforcement. The Equestrian Society, which is run (presumably) by Deities, seems to operate on a more Kharmic level. Ill deeds (though few and far between) are seemingly not dealt with directly (save for extreme differences, ie, major villains.) Any punishment seems to be either indirect (eg, trixie's failing show after her original fiasco in ponyville, or the Flim Flam brothers' Cider being tainted through their haste.), or through the form of a lesson, rather than punishment true, (letters to the princess.)

It's worth assuming that Trixie will face some sort of Kharmic backlash in the future, whether we see it or not.

As for my view's on the season as a whole, I LOVE it so far. I agree with whoever said it's getting more mature. They seem to be starting to tackle more major issues, (bullying/fear and trust/etc.). To be honest, I've been wanting an episode about bullying since near the beginning of season 2, so i'm pumped that that happened. The animating and storywriting are definitely showing more signs of complexity, and the team seems to definitely be showing a good amount of restraint in giving us older fans the occasional nod. I'll be honest, i was worried about this season, but so far, it's showing FANTASTIC signs.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Chishio Kunrin

At least our society has the insanity plea.

Anyway, I agree, I was kind of anxious about season 3, but it's really awesome so far.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

For some reason I feel like I'm going to be disappointed by the next episode :s

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Dec 11, 19:03:50 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 11, 22:19:22 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Dec 11, 18:49:22
For some reason I feel like I'm going to be disappointed by the next episode :s

I'm really curious about it. But it could be disappointing.

[Edit]: Another reason - their cleverness

HerpyDooves

Yes! The allusions they sometimes put in the show make 20% better :3

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Dec 09, 22:29:03
-snip-

-snip-
That's a reason why Season 3 is worse than I expected.... or at least that episode.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Night Pony

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Dec 12, 09:31:52
-snip-

-snip-
That's a reason why Season 3 is worse than I expected.... or at least that episode.

Now at least the argument is over.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Cobalt ZERO

2012 Dec 12, 17:16:19 #14 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 12, 17:19:54 by Cobalt ZERO
Quote from: Night Pony on 2012 Dec 12, 09:33:07
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Dec 12, 09:31:52
-snip-

-snip-

Now at least the argument is over.

i recently found out that alicorn is also the technical name for a unicorns horn.

kind of dissapointing cause this one game... has this item called pet alicorn.. i flipped out when i saw it...then shot down when i realised its not a pet.. but rather a 30-day pet renewer tool...  >:O

copied from wikipedia
[spoiler] Etymology 1

From Italian alicorno.
Noun

alicorn (plural alicorns)

(now historical) The horn of a unicorn considered as a medical or pharmacological ingredient.

Etymology 2

Term already associated with unicorns and reinterpreted.
Noun

(nonstandard) A winged horse with a single horn on its head; a winged unicorn.

Synonyms

(winged horse): pegacorn, unipeg, unisus (all informal)
SPEAKETH WITH THE ROYAL CAPSLOCK!

Tiger

Now now, the argument we had there is over. Don't bring it over here and cause this thread to get locked too.

Quote from: Cobalt ZERO on 2012 Dec 12, 17:16:19
copied from wikipedia
 Etymology 1

(now historical) The horn of a unicorn considered as a medical or pharmacological ingredient.

So basically alicorn has two meanings. One for the horn of a unicorn and another for a winged unicorn. So both are correct.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Dec 12, 19:19:50
Now now, the argument we had there is over. Don't bring it over here and cause this thread to get locked too.

Quote from: Cobalt ZERO on 2012 Dec 12, 17:16:19
copied from wikipedia
 Etymology 1

So basically alicorn has two meanings. One for the horn of a unicorn and another for a winged unicorn. So both are correct.

Indeed.
Words can have two or more meanings, guys. :\

Go Up