Suggestion on how to keep things interesting into "adulthood"

Started by Fauna Joy, 2017 Sep 14, 06:51:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Fauna Joy

I've played several MMOs in my time, and there are two that stick out in my mind for how this one could go. One is bad, one is fantastic.

It all has to do with quest lines. The bad one I played (which I won't name) had quest lines for each class of character... but only up until level 20. After that point, every single class had the exact same set of quests available to them and it got dull incredibly quickly.

The fantastic one I played, which I'm perfectly happy with naming, was Star Wars The Old Republic. That game has eight available classes, and each one has its own story line til the very end of the Vanilla release, which was incredibly long. That's in addition to the quests available on each planet (aka in each area) that every class could play.

I feel going the route that SWTOR went, and having quests specific to each of the three types of Pony could be incredibly beneficial to this game. It would encourage players to make at least one character of each type of Pony to discover more about the game, and it would be a big draw for people who may not have been interested before.

Night Striker

This is a rather interesting post but there is one problem with it however.

Quote from: Fauna Joy on 2017 Sep 14, 06:51:07I feel going the route that SWTOR went, and having quests specific to each of the three types of Pony could be incredibly beneficial to this game.

As fun as it is to have exclusive quests for each type of pony, I do recall reading somewhere(I'll try to find it) on the forums that you're supposed to be able tackle the quests in different ways and overcome any disadvantage that any one pony might have. Of course, right now this isn't true since all the current quests are mostly just really long fetch quests.

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

Fauna Joy

Quote from: Night Striker on 2017 Sep 14, 13:26:27This is a rather interesting post but there is one problem with it however.

As fun as it is to have exclusive quests for each type of pony, I do recall reading somewhere(I'll try to find it) on the forums that you're supposed to be able tackle the quests in different ways and overcome any disadvantage that any one pony might have. Of course, right now this isn't true since all the current quests are mostly just really long fetch quests.

That'd be interesting to see developed. That sort of thing was also done in SWTOR with the Dark side/Light side system. So even the class quests were kept interesting and could be played multiple times from multiple angles.

I know I keep using the same game as an example, but it really is a great example of quest lines done right on MMOs.

Galapagois

This forum area is intended for reporting suggestions & bugs to do with the site, not the game. All game suggestions and bugs should be reported using the system described here, and all requests for help should be directed to our support email address. This makes sure that we guarantee that the right people actually know about the problem, and can work on fixing it!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Go Up