Time specific events?

Started by audioscribe, 2013 Apr 21, 22:57:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

audioscribe

will the game include time specific events like a monthly visit from trixie or traveling NPC, and as well include holiday events from the show:

Nightmare Night
Hearts & Hooves Day
Summer SUn Celebration

Billow Pillow

Well i know for a fact no "Trademarked" Characters will be in the game.  So you won't be seeing any of Trixie.   :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Chishio Kunrin

If I remember correctly, there will be holiday events, but I don't think they'll have the same names as the events in the show. For example, there may be a Halloween event, but it probably won't be called Nightmare Night.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tekner

I believe periodic events are something we've talked about in past livestreams. I don't think we really know yet what our plans are about things like that other than we'll probably have some eventually. We're still working on getting the game functional. Once we hit late-Alpha or Beta, we'll probably go more into detail about something like that. Of course, that is just as far as I know. If the design team has anything planned in this regard, it must not be important enough (or fleshed out enough) to discuss with the rest of the team yet, which means we'll all have to wait :]

Aria BIaze

2013 Apr 22, 21:31:06 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 22, 21:46:42 by lily7603
Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Apr 22, 01:04:25
I believe periodic events are something we've talked about in past livestreams. I don't think we really know yet what our plans are about things like that other than we'll probably have some eventually. We're still working on getting the game functional. Once we hit late-Alpha or Beta, we'll probably go more into detail about something like that. Of course, that is just as far as I know. If the design team has anything planned in this regard, it must not be important enough (or fleshed out enough) to discuss with the rest of the team yet, which means we'll all have to wait :]
When the game is on late-beta, will we be able to play?  o.O I'm asking this cause one game I played let people play in the beta. And also, I came up with some good names for the holidays in the games. They are a little different. Here's a list of my ideas. (Not suggesting!)
Nightmare Night=Fright Night (Ponies dress in costumes and collect candy around Pony Ville)
Hearts & Hooves=Lovely Day (Ponies and their SSPs can hang out and have heart shaped COOKIES!!  ovO )
Hearts Warming Eve=Snowy Celebration (Ponies celebrate the day a special unicorn invented snow)
Easter=Bunny Ball (Ponies wear bunny ears and find eggs hidden around Pony Ville)
Summer Sun Celebration=Eclipse Wonder Day (Just like groundhog day, ponies see on April 2nd if there is an eclipse. If there is no eclipse, snow will stay in Pony Ville for six more weeks)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lily7603 on 2013 Apr 22, 21:31:06
When the game is on late-beta, will we be able to play?  o.O I'm asking this cause one game I played let people play in the beta. And also, I came up with some good names for the holidays in the games. They are a little different. Here's a list of my ideas. (Not suggesting!)
Nightmare Night=Fright Night (Ponies dress in costumes and collect candy around Pony Ville)
Hearts & Hooves=Lovely Day (Ponies and their SSPs can hang out and have heart shaped COOKIES!!  ovO )
Hearts Warming Eve=Snowy Celebration (Ponies celebrate the day a special unicorn invented snow)
Easter=Bunny Ball (Ponies wear bunny ears and find eggs hidden around Pony Ville)
Summer Sun Celebration=Eclipse Wonder Day (Just like groundhog day, ponies see on April 2nd if there is an eclipse. If there is no eclipse, snow will stay in Pony Ville for six more weeks)

Those are pretty good ideas. :nod: I like 'em.
Though, pfft, everypony knows a pegasus invented snow. :P /snowdrop Heehee.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 23, 00:48:39

Those are pretty good ideas. :nod: I like 'em.
Though, pfft, everypony knows a pegasus invented snow. :P /snowdrop Heehee.

So much liquid pride... DD:
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Tekner

When the game is on late-beta, will we be able to play?  o.O I'm asking this cause one game I played let people play in the beta.
The plan is to open the game up when we hit beta. That means that once we're done with Alpha (Which we haven't started just yet, but are probably fairly close to. No, I don't know how much longer that means.), you can play shortly thereafter.

Billow Pillow

Introduction:
Reading "Lily" Previous idea for the events made me rather interested.  So i started thinking about many fun and interesting things, i feel would interesting take on each of the events.  I kinda got lazy half way through writing as it took me an hour to write and think of all of this, I kinda got bored.  I mean i do have several ideas of how to improve each of the events, and games, and i already planned out how i hope to see the other events.   I Just don't feel like writing the rest of it out right now, but if you are interested and want to see the rest of the events i made, then i guess i'll be happy to post them at a later date. :nod:
Notice: Please do not take any of these ideas seriously.  They are just ideas.

Holiday - Events
Holiday List:
Winter Wrap-up: Spring Warming Festival
Hearts & Hooves day: Love & Hearts Celebration
Easter: Pet Appreciation Day
Summer Sun Celebration:
Nightmare Night:
Hearts Warming Eve:

Name: Spring Warming Festival
Details: This Festival is essentially (Winter Wrap Up).  Where all the ponies celebrate the start of a new season! As they move from Winter to Spring. 
Timeline: March 13 - March 27 (A week before spring, and a week after spring starts)
Visual: During the start of the event their will be a small amount of snow placed around most of the maps which will slowly fade away as the event gets closer to an end. 
Battle Bonuses: A Small (Percent) of bonus enemies will now be turned into exclusive enemies.  Enemies: (Yale, Giant Flowers, and Naiads) They will drop exclusive items only during the two week period which you can use to exchange for limited editions items.
Quest: Several new quest will also open.  They will generally probably revolve around the exclusive enemies, and will often require you to collect the additional spring drops normal enemies will start dropping around that time too.  The main goal of each quest will probably be to help the towns people collect the items they need to help clean up spring.
Events Games:
Spoiler: Events Inside • show
Event Name: Snow Clearing
Class: All
Type: 2D
View: Third Person
Details: Spring is finally here and it's up to you to help clear the fields of equestria, grab your snowplow and get to work!  The goal of this game is to simply move around different fields clearing out all the snow, while constantly running.  Each level is different, but mainly you are just set on a basic open field with "NPC" ponies and animals.  Each "NPC" will move back and fourth along a set area, and if you run into them you will lose points a small snow-pile will appear around the area where you collided with the "NPC" causing you to lose a-lot of points and valuable time.  Some maps will also have borders, you cannot go over a border and running into them will cause you to lose points, and a small amount of piled snow. 
You're scored based on how long it takes you to successfully clear out all the snow in a level, and you are also scored based on how much snow you clear in rapid succession without moving back onto ground you've already cleared.  The main goal of the game is to avoid the obstacles and calculate/find the most time efficient snow plowing route to get your job done.

Event Name: Caretaker
View: First Person
Details:Spring has finally appear in equestria! Spread the good news, and quietly wake up the animals from their slumber.   In this first person game you are given a pile of equipment/objects, you can use each of these objects and various different ways depending on how you choose to place them around the animals holes, the main idea of the game though is to build several contraptions that will result in waking up all the animals in the fastest amount of time without heavily disturbing them.  You are scored on how well each of the animals wake up from your contraptions along with how long it takes you to build each one, along with how many parts you use during each of the contraptions, more moving parts with a soft wake up can result in huge points! The softer the wake up the more points you'll get, and each animal does have it's own preference of how it prefers to be woken, though not waking them up at all will result in huge point loss.  Basically it's just a fun game of building that allows the user to be as creative as they desire.

Event Name: Iceliner
Details: Spring has finally appear in equestria, and it's up to you to melt the ice! But a problem has occurred many things have blown over and the ice is now covered and rocks and logs! This event is actually based off of the pokemon ice sliding physics.  Each level you are presented with a new puzzle on a different frozen lake, your goal is to simply use the rocks and other obstacles to figure out how to slide across one side of the ice pond to the other.  It's your basic puzzle game, and isn't actually a unique idea.  But overall is still a fun idea in the end.  I was originally going to make the ice one a game where you have to skate on the ice making different pictures to help cut the ice up, or even have it so that you have to slide down different pathways of the ice that it has marked for you.  But wasn't certain if those would be as much fun as this one.

Name: Love & Hearts Celebration
Details: This Celebration is essentially (Hearts & Hooves Day).  On this day we celebrate and give thanks to the ones we love. 
Timeline: Feburary 7th - Feburary 16th
Visual: All around the maps there would just be heart textures placed around several of the buildings.
Items:
Spoiler: Items Inside • show
Heart Bomb Cookies:
When thrown at an enemy it will do light damaged (10% of your physical Strength) when it explodes hearts will appear all around the enemy.  Each Cookie has a 10% chance of causing love status to an enemy (Basically confusion: But instead they have hearts constantly around them) and they will attack any nearby enemies.  The confusion last for around 3 - 7 Seconds depending on the enemies size.
Hoof Stamp: A small heart with a hoof foot print on it, this magical item when used will boost the characters strength by 15% when near a pony of the opposite gender.
CuppyCake: This small cupcake gives the player 10% extra speed when near a pony of opposite gender and heals them by 100 Health.

Battle Bonuses: Small percent chance of running into a rare (Love) enemy.  They are essentially just like any other enemy but are a red colour and generally won't fight back until provoked.  They drop exclusive event items that can be used to exchange for limited edition items.
Quest: Several of the new quest would sadly be loved related delivering love letters, helping someone find the perfect gift for their lover and several other love based things.
Events Games:
Event Name: Heart Decoration
Type: 3D
Details: You have been hired to work at a candy heart print machine, it's up to you to type out all the loving messages on the candies for all those around equestria to enjoy.  Basically in this game you are positioned at a conveyor belt where you are seen placed directly next to a machine, as the candy hearts come by you just simply have to type out the messages on the screen that will then be printed onto the heart.  The faster you go the more points you will earn, and you will lose points for each typo you make.  Overall the game is just a way to help people learn how to type, along with produce fun candy and exclusive rewards you'll earn depending on how far you get. 

Event Name: Quest: Rushed Delivery
Details: A problem has occurred as the Pegasus originally responsible for delivering everyone's letters/gifts is out sick today.  It's now your job to deliver all the message to make sure no one is left alone on this special day. (Based on Crazy Taxi) This game is based on a free roam style all around Ponyville, and your job is to simply get to each of the markers on the map to deliver the next letter/present.  You must deliver each item in the fastest time possible, you are scored and rewarded based on how quickly you make it to each of your destinations, and also running into objects will damage the package some.  Which you will also be scored upon, this gamemode could be pretty much endless and have short and sweet stories that don't take up to much of your delivery time.

Name: Pet Appreciation Day
Details: This Celebration is essentially (Easter).  I felt i would just change this holiday completely to fit a more pony based holiday.  On this day we gave thanks to are animals.
Timeline: April 20th - May 1st
Visual: All around the map there would be random Animal NPCs roaming around town next to or near their owners.  Along with animal feeding grounds and other special decorations to celebrate them.
Items:
Spoiler: Items Inside • show

Animal Crackers:
Super Flavoured Animal Crackers that boosts your pets love for you.  (Limited: 10)
Pet Accessories: If i included every single accessory idea i had for animals this would take to long.  So let's just say animal accessories, plus i'm not fully certain if pets will even have accessories.
Battle Bonuses: All pets will have a 10% Damage boost.  Mobs will now also drop pet food/pet food items more often, and all pet based items in shops will be 25% off at limited purchases.

Quest: No idea
Events Games:
Event Name: Animal Panic
Details: It's pet appreciation day! But the only problem is something has scared all the animals away! It's now your job to go around each town and find all the animals and return them all back to their owners before it's to late.  I made this game rather lazily but the goal is to just find the animals and return them to each of their owners.

Event Name: Bunny Rampage
View: Birdseye
Details: Though it may be pet appreciation day, you can't let the animals go around eating all the crops.  In this fun little game you control a bunny, and your job is to stop all the incoming bunnies from reaching the crops. (Based on chu chu rocket)  You are supplied with a set of 10 Walls you can use and place down to redirect the bunnies towards their pens in an attempt to stop them from reaching the crops.  The more bunnies you successfully get into the pens the more points you'll receive, but each time a bunny hits the field you lose health points, and the only way to get more health points is to capture a gold bunny in a pen, for each bunny that hits a wall too you also gain additional points, so the more walls a bunny goes through the more additional points you'll receive.   
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

super_chris85

as long as you guys can get this game done I'm fine with any holidays you put in it but when halloween comes around I want a skeleton outfit

SweBow

As far as I know it's planned to have such events. But it's nothing we focus on. We need after all to make the game first.
That's the final answer I can give at the moment.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: SweBow on 2013 Apr 24, 04:07:59
As far as I know it's planned to have such events. But it's nothing we focus on. We need after all to make the game first.
That's the final answer I can give at the moment.

its common for games to have events like this. So I kinda expected them later on rather than an early development.

Go Up