Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

I got 2014's state tax return, but I've been informed that I cannot get the unclaimed return for 2013 that I didn't realize I was entitled to when I miscalculated my taxes.

Louisiana owes me 300 bucks...

Pipkin

Over the weekend between my sickness and my horrible toothache, while constantly working, i've been basically living off acetaminophen, ibuprofen and of course coffee.  Monday and Tuesday was great, didn't need any meds.  This morning was fantastic, i've never felt better waking up at 6am.

Now i've taken my second round of advils in the last 3 hours and am likely going to crash in bed.  I've been having dental work done on and off for the last 3 months, now it's out of pocket expenses I really can't afford but the pain is unbearable

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Mar 04, 18:27:08
Over the weekend between my sickness and my horrible toothache, while constantly working, i've been basically living off acetaminophen, ibuprofen and of course coffee.  Monday and Tuesday was great, didn't need any meds.  This morning was fantastic, i've never felt better waking up at 6am.

Now i've taken my second round of advils in the last 3 hours and am likely going to crash in bed.  I've been having dental work done on and off for the last 3 months, now it's out of pocket expenses I really can't afford but the pain is unbearable

Dude, if I was you I'd just have that particular tooth extracted. Humans have more teeth that we need so, assuming you haven't had any previous extractions, it's perfectly okay to lose one and save yourself so much agony. I've been living with only 24 teeth for the past 13 years and have never had any problems at all with chewing. Extracting a tooth with no insurance only costs like 50 bucks compared to the thousands of saving a badly damaged tooth. If you end up missing the tooth a lot then you could always get an implant later, when you're in a better financial situation and/or  have insurance to pay part of it.

Lync Volan

i'll never understand "Financial" things i'm either Poor/Rich/Medium X3

Chishio Kunrin

One of our cats puked in their water bowl. :x I figured it'd be a lot easier to just toss the water out outside. Most likely, the cat overate. I wish they wouldn't do that.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Just my luck. 4 inches of snow and me with an orthodontic emergency. Hopefully it can wait until tomorrow so I don't kill myself trying to drive to the orthodontist.

Chishio Kunrin

Some guy tried to sue Applebee's because he got burned by the grease from the fajitas he ordered because he leaned his head down too close to them right after the waitress put the plate on the table. Thankfully, the court was like "Y'know, that was a pretty obvious danger, so we're not letting you sue them because this is just stupid."

It's like if someone orders a hot coffee, spills it on themselves, and then tries to sue because "That coffee burned me! You should've warned me that the hot coffee I ordered was really hot!"

No. Use common sense. If thing is hot, be careful because thing will burn you. You should know that. You learned that as a kid when your mom was like "No, don't touch this, it's very hot and will hurt you." It's why you don't touch fire. It's why you use oven mitts when you take a thing out of the oven. It's why you let freshly-cooked food cool or blow on it before you stick it in your mouth. The server doesn't need to tell you that food that just came from the kitchen is super hot, especially if it's covered in sizzling, popping grease that you can actually see and hear sizzling and popping.

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 05, 09:42:58
Some guy tried to sue Applebee's because he got burned by the grease from the fajitas he ordered because he leaned his head down too close to them right after the waitress put the plate on the table. Thankfully, the court was like "Y'know, that was a pretty obvious danger, so we're not letting you sue them because this is just stupid."

It's like if someone orders a hot coffee, spills it on themselves, and then tries to sue because "That coffee burned me! You should've warned me that the hot coffee I ordered was really hot!"

No. Use common sense. If thing is hot, be careful because thing will burn you. You should know that. You learned that as a kid when your mom was like "No, don't touch this, it's very hot and will hurt you." It's why you don't touch fire. It's why you use oven mitts when you take a thing out of the oven. It's why you let freshly-cooked food cool or blow on it before you stick it in your mouth. The server doesn't need to tell you that food that just came from the kitchen is super hot, especially if it's covered in sizzling, popping grease that you can actually see and hear sizzling and popping.

Spoiler: Burn • show

When someone you watch is livestreaming, but you don't have time to watch them.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Night Pony

New MLP season announced and you know what that means? That's right! Spoilers! Spoilers everywhere!

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Mar 05, 11:15:49
New MLP season announced and you know what that means? That's right! Spoilers! Spoilers everywhere!

All these spoilers made my milk go bad a day before the sell-by date.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Mar 05, 11:15:49

There are also EG3 spoilers, which were discovered from looking at the upcoming merchandise. :P
It looks like it's gonna be interesting.

Night Pony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 05, 11:35:12
There are also EG3 spoilers, which were discovered from looking at the upcoming merchandise. :P
It looks like it's gonna be interesting.

Shhh~ Don't spoil.~

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Mewb

Know what annoys me? Being annoyed.

Sure there are a ton of things that can annoy a pony but just the fact that something so irrefutably stupid just happened to summon this emotion that feels rather bad and is defined as such by those at the current moment.

Its like being punched and then a ghost fist is right behind that fist to hit you in the same place while you're still flying through the air from the first punch. Only the ghost fist decides stays with you for a while.

Derp.

Pipkin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Mar 05, 10:18:02
When someone you watch is livestreaming, but you don't have time to watch them.

This happens to me EVERY.  SATURDAY.

I work All day saturday so I can never watch them

An artist i've been following for a while does livestream commissions on some sundays.  I'd love to  commission them but their streams start at 11am est, which is exactly when I finish work on Sunday, and since slots are first come first serve i'm equally screwed....

Lync Volan

Caballia

when everybody has a gif in their signature, and the page takes forever to load
Oh, what a night

Chishio Kunrin

Gaia has started making Eeveelution themed items. So far, they have Sylveon ([insert word here] Dragonslayer {They have a lot of recolors already}), Umbreon (Synchronous Moonlight, Synchronous Eclipse), and Espeon (Synchronous Sunlight).

What I'm annoyed about is that they're all limited quantity, meaning that they're super duper expensive on the marketplace, and there's no way I'll ever get them because I don't feel like spending tons of money on cash items and then selling them on the marketplace just to have enough gold to afford anything awesome in that stupid broken economy. :l Limited quantity for a collection of pixels is such a stupid idea in the first place.

And Gaia continues to sell gold generators. They think that slapping a bandaid on it with a gold sink every now and then will fix everything, but it doesn't. It doesn't matter how many trillions of gold people dump into a gold sink, if you keep dumping trillions back into the economy immediately thereafter!!! >:O You fools! You complete and utter greedy FOOLS! You used to ban us for buying gold, and now you sell us gold!

*Flips the table* Ugh. I'm so glad that LoE will never have a cash shop. Ever. More often than not, cash shops ruin games. I'd hate to see LoE's economy go down the toilet and become something where only people who have tons of money irl can have nice things.

That said, Gaia has been selling these chance items where you have a chance of getting a ticket that lets you design a new item for them to sell. It's a nice idea, right? Except the majority of the items that have been designed are all by a select few people who are rich in real life. It's like some exclusive club of just a handful of people, one of whom has ended up gaining a fanbase because of how fabulously rich he is, and we keep seeing items themed after him. Enough items kissing his feet!! >:( They don't have any regulation on how often someone can submit a ticket and how many they can submit within a year. It's unfair.

Speaking of clubs of rich people. Club Verge. >:/ It's an exclusive cash shop with ultra fabulous items. How do you gain access? Buy at least $100 in Gaia Cash within a year.
Basically, prove to Gaia that you're worth milking for every cent, and they'll open the door to Club Verge so you can spend tons of money on items designed based on what sells best.

It sucks that there are certain specific types of items that are restricted to being cash shop items. On the occasions where they hold a contest for people to design gold items for the shop CrosStitch, they even put up a list of items that your designed item cannot be simply because those types of items are reserved for the cash shop. Things like
- Wings
- Tails
- Wigs
- Halos
- Headphones. Something as simple as headphones! The only times I've seen headphones that weren't cash items, they were extremely expensive gold items, only for the richest of the rich.
- Companions
- I Am (an item that turns you into something, like a wolf or a cat or a dragon)

Chromastone64

I'm on my phone, so I can't rant, but to summarize, everything is just going really, really wrong today... :c
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 06, 05:04:33
Spoiler: stuff • show

Gaia has started making Eeveelution themed items. So far, they have Sylveon ([insert word here] Dragonslayer {They have a lot of recolors already}), Umbreon (Synchronous Moonlight, Synchronous Eclipse), and Espeon (Synchronous Sunlight).

What I'm annoyed about is that they're all limited quantity, meaning that they're super duper expensive on the marketplace, and there's no way I'll ever get them because I don't feel like spending tons of money on cash items and then selling them on the marketplace just to have enough gold to afford anything awesome in that stupid broken economy. :l Limited quantity for a collection of pixels is such a stupid idea in the first place.

And Gaia continues to sell gold generators. They think that slapping a bandaid on it with a gold sink every now and then will fix everything, but it doesn't. It doesn't matter how many trillions of gold people dump into a gold sink, if you keep dumping trillions back into the economy immediately thereafter!!! >:O You fools! You complete and utter greedy FOOLS! You used to ban us for buying gold, and now you sell us gold!

*Flips the table* Ugh. I'm so glad that LoE will never have a cash shop. Ever. More often than not, cash shops ruin games. I'd hate to see LoE's economy go down the toilet and become something where only people who have tons of money irl can have nice things.

That said, Gaia has been selling these chance items where you have a chance of getting a ticket that lets you design a new item for them to sell. It's a nice idea, right? Except the majority of the items that have been designed are all by a select few people who are rich in real life. It's like some exclusive club of just a handful of people, one of whom has ended up gaining a fanbase because of how fabulously rich he is, and we keep seeing items themed after him. Enough items kissing his feet!! >:( They don't have any regulation on how often someone can submit a ticket and how many they can submit within a year. It's unfair.

Speaking of clubs of rich people. Club Verge. >:/ It's an exclusive cash shop with ultra fabulous items. How do you gain access? Buy at least $100 in Gaia Cash within a year.
Basically, prove to Gaia that you're worth milking for every cent, and they'll open the door to Club Verge so you can spend tons of money on items designed based on what sells best.

It sucks that there are certain specific types of items that are restricted to being cash shop items. On the occasions where they hold a contest for people to design gold items for the shop CrosStitch, they even put up a list of items that your designed item cannot be simply because those types of items are reserved for the cash shop. Things like
- Wings
- Tails
- Wigs
- Halos
- Headphones. Something as simple as headphones! The only times I've seen headphones that weren't cash items, they were extremely expensive gold items, only for the richest of the rich.
- Companions
- I Am (an item that turns you into something, like a wolf or a cat or a dragon)

... wow, pay to win games have gotten quite a bit more blatant about it since I stopped playing those (mind you, this is like a decade ago at least).

Have to admire the business strategy there though... Not only do they get players to spend ludicrous amounts of money on a very cheaply made game, they got their players to design their items, can generate in-game currency at will that people actually buy, they even got squandering real money into a thing that is admired.

Just, wow. I know there are game development conventions with workshops that basically teach game devs how to farm people, but hearing the result like this is something else.

But really, why even play the game? You seem to have figured out the sham, unless you just hang around for friends I really don't see the sense in sticking around.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Mar 06, 08:42:30
Spoiler: show
... wow, pay to win games have gotten quite a bit more blatant about it since I stopped playing those (mind you, this is like a decade ago at least).

Have to admire the business strategy there though... Not only do they get players to spend ludicrous amounts of money on a very cheaply made game, they got their players to design their items, can generate in-game currency at will that people actually buy, they even got squandering real money into a thing that is admired.

Just, wow. I know there are game development conventions with workshops that basically teach game devs how to farm people, but hearing the result like this is something else.

But really, why even play the game? You seem to have figured out the sham, unless you just hang around for friends I really don't see the sense in sticking around.

I used to just stop by every now and then just to see what's new or when I got ultra board, and I'd try to stop by during holidays to participate in events. But now, they occasionally have non-holiday events, so I just log on every day and check the announcements. So, while I'm at it, I also do the Daily Chance, which gives you random items and random amounts of gold.

Gaia has also employed the "Reward them for coming back" strategy. The little claw machine images you click for Daily Chance are red, unless you've logged in 5 or 6 days (can't remember which) out of the past 7 days, in which case the claw machines are yellow, and your prizes are better. On top of that, if you've logged on a certain number of days out of the past 30(I think?) days, you have access to Loyal's Bazaar, which is a gold shop. A lot of people were gonna be mad if it was another cash shop, let me tell yah.

I just wish they hadn't had to shut down their MMO. They went to fix it up and improve it and whatnot and discovered that there were some serious holes in security, so they figured the best thing to do would be to just close it. It was fun while it lasted.

Now, this, I'm seriously and genuinely angry about.
PS 116, a public elementary school in New York, decided to do away with traditional homework for the sake of the students' stress and development. How did parents react? By getting angry! Seriously?! An American public school is actually taking steps in the right direction, and parents are so furious that they're threatening to transfer their kids to other schools!

Spoiler: Quote from an article • show
    Teachers at  P.S. 116 on East 33rd Street have stopped assigning take-home math worksheets and essays, and are instead encouraging students to read books and spend time with their family, according to a letter the school's principal, Jane Hsu, sent to parents last month.

"The topic of homework has received a lot of attention lately, and the negative effects of homework have been well established," Hsu wrote in her letter, which was sent home with students.

"They include: children's frustration and exhaustion, lack of time for other activities and family time and, sadly for many, loss of interest in learning."

Hsu explained that the school spent more than a year "analyzing studies focused on the effects of traditional homework" and decided that it was more important for the Pre-K through fifth grade students to do activities that "have been proven to have a positive impact on student academic performance and social/emotional development" such as reading at their own pace and playing.

"In fact, you may be surprised to learn that there have been a variety of studies conducted on the effects of homework in the elementary grades and not one of them could provide any evidence that directly links traditional homework practices with current, or even future, academic success."

They spent over a year looking into it before making their decision! And parents just flipped their lid like "No homework?! NO HOMEWORK?! Well, this just isn't right at all! Kids have always done homework, always! Always!" Get your fingers out of your ears and listen! This is for the kids' own good! There are negative effects linked with traditional homework!

One father said
"I think they should have homework -- some of it is about discipline. I want [my daughter] to have fun, but I also want her to be working towards a goal."

The goal she's working toward doesn't have to be homework! For goodness' sake!
Help her find a book she'd be interested in reading and have her set a goal to finish that book!
Help her find a craft or other hobby she likes and have her set a goal to finish a project with that hobby!
Teach her how to prepare food from child-friendly recipes and have her set a goal to perfect one of the recipes!
I don't care! It doesn't have to be homework!
It doesn't have to be homework!
It doesn't. have. to be. homework!!

Go Up