OOC: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3062
Roleplay: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3141

Current GMs:
Pinkie Pie - rule, NPC moderation
Ryo_D_Disk - story, PC moderation
GalvinRoe - rule, consulting moderation
Lusterless Nova - story, NPC, PC and rule moderation
Wandering Magus (myself) - Game Master, GM moderation

Because nopony ever asked what happened between hearth's warming and discord's freezing.

Play as the unsung heroes who helped discover, gather and reforge the shards of the Rainbow of Light into the Elements of Harmony, while avoiding the chaos of the lands outside the Forever Free Kingdom.  Fly with the Breezies as they make their final journey to their valley.  Help the Diamond Kingdom build their great underground cities which would one day house the most precious gems in the world.

Backstory:
Spoiler: show
The truth of the Everfree

Set in one of the Three Ages, maybe the Fourth Age's beginning.  War and chaos, the Alicorns and th Draconequui fight in the heavens while the Diamond Kingdom (ancient diamond dogs before their downfall into the state they are today), Unicornia, Pegasopolis and the Gaia Republic war with one another, the Griffons taking whatever is left over from war and the Zebras fighting amongst themselves.

Discord is still a handsom, beautiful, deadly trickster in his disguised form (still a draconequus), leading many to rally to his cause.

The Land For Ever Free is a neutral territory held by the Breezies, who wish to bring nothing but peace.

Mankind has decided to cut their ties, and King Arthur Pendragon uses Excalibur to shatter the Rainbow Bridge to avoid bringing even more war to Earth.

Discord is winning, and exiles the Sea Ponies by turning their oceans into a desert, which would one day be called Appleloosa.  The Sea Ponies are forced to find other bodies of water to live in.

Lady Abigail Jacqueline, called Applejack, and Starswirl the Bearded consult with Luna and Celestia.  At this point Celestia is much more harsh than today, having much yet to learn.  The counsil sends the Rainbow of light to try to end the wars, but Discord and Tirak shatter the Rainbow into six pieces.

Discord then turns traitor and reveals his true form, betraying Tirak and beginning to warp the entire world into his "kingdom of chaos".

The Diamond Kingdom goes underground, seeking to build their fortresses in the caves of gemstones.

The breezies fade, and begin their final journeys to Flutter Valley.

Their magic, however, lived on in the Fortress of Peace, where Luna, Celestia and Cadance create their castle.

The story will follow their search for the scattered shards of the Rainbow of Light, Discord's fall, and his omnious last words:

"One thousand years hence, and the moon will fall.  Two thousand years hence, and i shall once again call!"

Sign-up Sheet:
Name:
Alliance:
Role:
Personality:
Description/image:
Equipment, if any (trident, etc):
Important info/background:

Edit: important info means anything you think other ponies should know about your character besides what has been described, whether that be specific powers or some sort of traumatic background, etc.

Edit: you can have more than one character, just put in the same info for that one too.  He/She/It will have to be accepted by me to RP as usual.  No more than probably 3 chars though, and I HIGHLY recommend playing every one in order to advance the gameplay.

Edit: alliance means which faction in the war; Discord vs Zebra vs Diamond Kingdom vs Breezies vs For Ever Free Kingdom vs Pegasopolis vs Unicornia vs Gaia Republic etc etc etc

Edit (important):

I will be on hiatus from July 2 to July 21, and as such will not be able to GM this game.  However, this is the story I had in mind, in case anypony wants to GM the game:

Spoiler: would-be GMs • show

Breezies caught by Discord will be transformed into Changelings a la Orcs and Elves.
The Diamond Kingdom will eventually fall to their greed; whether the fall is sooner or later rests on the players.

The Shards are located in the following places:
Honesty: Griffon Kingdom
Loyalty: Pegasopolis
Generosity: Gaia Republic
Kindness: Flutter Valley
Laughter (hope): Diamond Kingdom
Friendship: Land For Ever Free (doesn't appear until all the others are united)

And finally, you must seek out Discord to freeze him.  It should be a difficult task, with only the Princesses' help enabling you to succeed.

Starswirl will not allow the use of time spells.
The Land For Ever Free is literally free of any and all influence from Discord's Chaos magic.
Luna doesn't fall for another thousand years, so no Nightmare just yet.

Gathering all the Elements is one thing, forging will require the Fires of Friendship.  Enemies must become friends, bonds restored, old grievances forgiven, hate turned to love.

Then, somepony must exhibit the Elements in order for them to function.  One must be loyal to use Loyalty, for example.

Edit (Rules):
Despite the backstory being essentially about war, this is not a fighting game.  It is a DIPLOMACY game.  Fighting the various factions isn't going to be earning you friendship/kindness/loyalty/generosity/honesty/hope points, which you desperately need in order to find the Shards.
Breezies don't CARE about the war.  So asking them for help, unless you are VERY charismatic/persuasive, probably won't work.
Since it's not a fighting game, there will be no violence of any kind.  Weapons will not be used either (although they can be displayed or described as set pieces) (example of set-piece weapon: the beautiful sword was engraved with golden writing of a strange tongue, and upon its hilt were set gems of many colors.  It was the ancestral sword of the Griffons, the last remnant of their glorious days before the rise of Discord.  Now, lying here in the dusty halls of the mausoleum, it seemed the moisture upon its blade were like teardrops of its former bearer weeping for the fading of the world.)
There will be no real-world swearing.  Equestrian swears won't be gaining you friendship points, but you can use them.
There will be no "adult" themes.
There will be no discussion of religion, although you can use the names of various Alicorns/Draconequui in your "Equestrian swears" if you wish.  Not that they'd appreciate it.
There will be an OOC.  Please keep OOC there.

Factions (yes, I am basing them off LOTR):
Unicornia - A proud kingdom of unicorns ruled by one of the wisest and most powerful sorceresses in the world, Princess Platinum.
Pegasopolis - A mighty land of warrior pegasi led by the iron hooves of Commander Hurricane
Gaia Republic - A coalition of earth pony farming fiefs and villages overseen by the elected Chancellor Puddinghead, who is growing senile with age.
Griffon Kingdom - A tribe of powerful griffons who feed off the conquered and the weakened.
Zebra Kingdom - Warring tribes of alchemist Zebras corrupted by disharmony and the influence of Discord.
Diamond Kingdom - An ancient and wealthy kingdom of Diamond Dogs, grown complacent on the wealth of the tunnels under the mountains filled with shining gold and gems.  But they delved too greedily, and too deep...
Flutter Valley - The ancient and mystical paradise home of the Breezies, who no longer care for the things of this world, having grown tired of temporal things.  Though they are unmatched in their powers of magic, however, the journey home will be long and beset with dangers.
Land For Ever Free - The neutral territory created by the Breezies, guarded by strange magics from any cosmic influence, entirely self-sustaining and self-renewing.  It is the home to those who wish to end the war rather than participate in it.
The Heavens - The battlefield of the immortals, the Creators and Destroyers, the Draconequui and the Alicorns.  The skies flash with great bursts of magic every moment, the stars dying and being quickly reborn, the Sun and Moon sometimes here, sometimes there, never settling.
The Capital of Chaos - The area under the dominion of Discord, and formerly Tirak the Centaur.  None who enter ever return.  It is guarded by more than just the allies and servants of Discord, and one does not simply walk into the Capital.

QuoteLet's start over all the way from the beginning.

You're all from different lands.  The Races have been separated into various nations since the First Age.  Breezies, long the guardians of The World, have grown indifferent about the things of this world and are leaving for their home in the world beyond the world, a utopia called Flutter Valley.

As they leave and their protective powers go with them, Discord begins to stir up chaos and disharmony throughout the world, leading to the current situation.

War flashes in the skies above as Immortals battle one another.  Zebraci tribes fight one another over water.  All three pony races make war on one another.  Griffons prey on those who are defeated.

Only the Land For Ever Free, the last gift of the Breezies to this world, remains a bastion of peace and harmony in the roiling turmoil of war.  Earth, under the direction of King Arthur and Merlin, have already shattered the Rainbow Bridge, severing the only path between the world of ponies and the world of humans.

Celestia and Luna, along with others loyal to the cause of peace, have rallied to the Land For Ever Free, seeking a way to end the war.  Their efforts, however, have only resulted so far in shattering the Rainbow of Light, which is now irreplacable.  To remedy this situation, Celestia, Luna, Starswirl and Abigail Jacqueline have summoned the few ponies of the world still willing to seek out peace to come to the Fortress of Peace.

YOUR jobs are to first get to the Fortress of Peace, and then after getting your assignment to seek out the Shards of the Rainbow of Light.  And remember, the Elements will only appear when they are exemplified.  Only a Loyal pony will find the Element of Loyalty, for instance.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Dreadnaught 308

2012 Jun 24, 21:07:14 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 25, 17:02:30 by Dreadnaught 308
Name: The Doctor
Race (pegasus, unicorn, etc): earth pony
Alliance: neutral in the war (no alliance)
Role: looking for the shards of the rainbow of light
Personality: clever, intelligent, fun, a little crazy about unknown objects or technology
Description/image: avatar
Equipment, if any (trident, etc):Sonic screwdriver, The TARDIS and psychic paper
Important info/background: the last of the time lords
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Haned tom.

2012 Jun 24, 21:13:14 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 25, 17:03:12 by Haned tom.
Name: Siren Hope
Race: Earth pony
Alliance: Gaia Republic.
Role:looking for the shards of the rainbow of light
Description/image: A navy blue coat, teal mane, cutie mark being a skull and crossbones. Has an eye patch over the left eye. The right eye is cyan. The mane and tail is like pikemena diane pie's style.
Equipment, if any: A saddle bag filled with lockpicks.
Important info/backgroud: is an orphan, Her parents where separated from her around her birth.
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

Coffee Rush

2012 Jun 24, 21:19:54 #3 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 25, 17:00:29 by Coffee Rush
Name : Rusty Hayworth
Race : Earth Pony
Alliance : Gaian Republic
Role : A farmpony searching for any shard of the Rainbow of Light, wanting to make use of himself to more than his farm.
Personality : Cocky, Independent, Tough, Not Bossed Around easily.
Description / Image :
Coat Color : Light Brown
Mane and Tail : Chocolate Brown
Cutie Mark : A Bundle of Wheat
Eye Color : Rusty Yellow
Build : Buff ( Not too buff )

Equipment : Lasso, Boots, Hat, Saddlebag, Food, Combat Spade ( Combat Shovel ), and other items ( They'll be sane, for what he would have. )
Important Info / Background :
A normal cowcolt, one you would usually find.

I'm interested in this.
My OC can be found here!

FlameandIce

2012 Jun 24, 21:28:25 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 26, 16:12:40 by FlameandIce
name:Aeon
alliance: Netrual
role:searching for the shard of the rainbow of light
personality:serious intelegint tends to make time references
des/image:http://fighteramy.deviantart.com/art/Aeon-Pony-282680417
equipment:many clocks his clock blade (which has 13 hours instead of twelve) his monocle
backstory:Aeon is part of  a group formless being who's job is to keep time in order he takes different forms depending on the era and location he is known as the 13th hour he has the ability to control and wane per through time at will
((The reason I chose Aeon is that he is the only charecter I use that was alive during this era))
now let's all agree to never be creative again thank you Sugercup
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8674.msg666435#new
RP idea give me feedback

GalinndanDawnfire

before i fill in a character form, hello wandering magus, if u still remember me from the traveller's blessing story, and would combat magic be a useful ability in this rp? like to defend my team against the forces of chaos? I will limit my powers to summoning flames up to the size of his head, and summoning only one lightning bolt at a time. If combat magic were to be accepted, I would have him able to summon up a basic magical barrier that can catch falling ponies without causing them harm, withstand up to 1000 degrees C, deflect weak lightning bolts, create a bubble of air underwater (with only a temporary supply of air of course), and deflect small physical blows. Please let me know if combat magic (to the extents that i have listed here) would be allowed for my character.
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Ryo_D_Disk

sounds like fun mind if i use 2 of my OC's although they wont both be around at the same time
Sign-up Sheet:
Ryo D Disk
Name: Ryo D Disk
Race (pegasus, unicorn, etc): unicorn
Alliance: (not sure I usually consider myself neutral for research purposes)
Role: Gathering the shards of light to research there magical potential
Personality: Ryo is a friendly pony who usually can be quite shy(ish) to new ponies although when he is talking to those he trusts he is a good friend but this does not mean he won't talk he is just uncomfortable with ponies he doesn't know
Description/image: [spoiler][IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af258/nightblade968/ryo%20d%20disk/RyoDDiskvector.png[/img]

Equipment, if any (trident, etc): pack of blank cards which images can be magically infused on to them, tattered book. 
Important info/background: Ryo is a magical researcher whose ancestor's had a large focus in dark magic's because of this Ryo has a higher skill with illusionary magic over others and can fool most ponies with them[/spoiler]

Chaos D Disk
Name: Chaos D Disk
Race (pegasus, unicorn, etc): unicorn
Alliance: (chaos Pledges alliance to no pony but himself)
Role: does what he likes
Personality: Chaos is corrupted and cunning he plans everything before he takes action although he has the tendency to think too much into situations, he often doesn't care for actions unless they affect him directly, silver tongued because he knows that he can convince others to his cause, large tendency for evil laughter   

Description/image: exactly the same as ryo except has one eye being red [spoiler][IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af258/nightblade968/ryo%20d%20disk/Chaos.png[/img]

Equipment, if any (trident, etc): same as Ryo

Important info/background: sorry this bit is a bit longish
Chaos and Ryo are within the same body.
Chaos is an ancient spirit who has lived thought the D Disk family and was sealed away eons ago now is revived with in Ryo's form trying to take control and gain his body back.
Chaos when he gains control of Ryo's body can only maintain his form for short periods of time depending on Ryo's mental state at the time of control (aka weak minded would last longer)
Chaos's magic is weakened because of the way he was sealed and Currently is only able to create real items from illusions and images at high cost as well as the Same magic capabilities of Ryo
[/spoiler]
oh and a fun fact for telling my Charaters apart Ryo will always talk in teal and Chaos will always speak in red
if you would like some extra info then feel free to check out the OC page for them

The Wandering Magus

all accepted for now, since I don't really have much time to look them over x3  I'll start soon, maybe if a FEW more signed up.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Thunder Jet

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 24, 20:55:36
Because nopony ever asked what happened between hearth's warming and discord's freezing.

Play as the unsung heroes who helped discover, gather and reforge the shards of the Rainbow of Light into the Elements of Harmony, while avoiding the chaos of the lands outside the Forever Free Kingdom.  Fly with the Breezies as they make their final journey to their valley.  Help the Diamond Kingdom build their great underground cities which would one day house the most precious gems in the world.

Backstory:
The truth of the Everfree

Set in one of the Three Ages, maybe the Fourth Age's beginning.  War and chaos, the Alicorns and th Draconequui fight in the heavens while the Diamond Kingdom (ancient diamond dogs before their downfall into the state they are today), Unicornia, Pegasopolis and the Gaia Republic war with one another, the Griffons taking whatever is left over from war and the Zebras fighting amongst themselves.

Discord is still a handsom, beautiful, deadly trickster in his disguised form (still a draconequus), leading many to rally to his cause.

The Land For Ever Free is a neutral territory held by the Breezies, who wish to bring nothing but peace.

Mankind has decided to cut their ties, and King Arthur Pendragon uses Excalibur to shatter the Rainbow Bridge to avoid bringing even more war to Earth.

Discord is winning, and exiles the Sea Ponies by turning their oceans into a desert, which would one day be called Appleloosa.  The Sea Ponies are forced to find other bodies of water to live in.

Lady Abigail Jacqueline, called Applejack, and Starswirl the Bearded consult with Luna and Celestia.  At this point Celestia is much more harsh than today, having much yet to learn.  The counsil sends the Rainbow of light to try to end the wars, but Discord and Tirak shatter the Rainbow into six pieces.

Discord then turns traitor and reveals his true form, betraying Tirak and beginning to warp the entire world into his "kingdom of chaos".

The Diamond Kingdom goes underground, seeking to build their fortresses in the caves of gemstones.

The breezies fade, and begin their final journeys to Flutter Valley.

Their magic, however, lived on in the Fortress of Peace, where Luna, Celestia and Cadance create their castle.

The story will follow their search for the scattered shards of the Rainbow of Light, Discord's fall, and his omnious last words:

"One thousand years hence, and the moon will fall.  Two thousand years hence, and i shall once again call!"

Sign-up Sheet:
Name:
Alliance:
Role:
Personality:
Description/image:
Equipment, if any (trident, etc):
Important info/background:

Edit: important info means anything you think other ponies should know about your character besides what has been described, whether that be specific powers or some sort of traumatic background, etc.

Edit: you can have more than one character, just put in the same info for that one too.  He/She/It will have to be accepted by me to RP as usual.  No more than probably 3 chars though, and I HIGHLY recommend playing every one in order to advance the gameplay.

Edit: alliance means which faction in the war; Discord vs Zebra vs Diamond Kingdom vs Breezies vs For Ever Free Kingdom vs Pegasopolis vs Unicornia vs Gaia Republic etc etc etc

How do you know my Fanfiction Story!?  o_O

Anyways, it caught my attention.

Will sign up later.

The Wandering Magus

Updating first post, please read when finished.

Crystal Chaos

Name: Skyler and Astor
Race: Both have two alicorn forms,  Syler also has two pegasus forms and Astor two earth pony forms.
Alliance: Currently forced into Discord's faction, will soon side with the alicorns
Role:
Personality:
Description/image:
Skyler art link in signature.
Astor:
Equipment: Skyler uses crystals as throwing stars, and Astor has a sword
Important info/background: This is the start of their lives. They were created by Discord to go into the pony community and destroy from the inside out, but they are going to break free from him, and help the alicorns defeat him.

The Wandering Magus

all ponies accepted, will need somepony to volunteer to be GM while I'm gone next few weeks.

PrincessButton

So I can't do Pinkie in this RP...  ono
I'll GM for you Magus.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 26, 18:10:45
actually...

in my headcanon, Pinkie is the same Pinkie as in the Third Age, and by luck and sheer determination managed to resist the apocalypic Cosmic Retcon that Discord pulled in order to reinsert herself into the timestream, coincidentially in the middle of the Fourth Age ovO

anyhow.  I'd be grateful if you could GM x3 I have the "plan" set up in the OP if you want to take a look.  And Surprise is yours to play if you want to try taking part every once in a while x3

Dreadnaught 308

she can be pinkie if she says that she was with me in the TARDIS
Hello, I'm The Doctor

PrincessButton

2012 Jun 26, 18:27:29 #15 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 26, 18:29:05 by Pinkie Pie
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 26, 18:13:47
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 26, 18:10:45
actually...

in my headcanon, Pinkie is the same Pinkie as in the Third Age, and by luck and sheer determination managed to resist the apocalypic Cosmic Retcon that Discord pulled in order to reinsert herself into the timestream, coincidentially in the middle of the Fourth Age ovO

anyhow.  I'd be grateful if you could GM x3 I have the "plan" set up in the OP if you want to take a look.  And Surprise is yours to play if you want to try taking part every once in a while x3
Well I'd be happy to GM while you're away, could you PM me the info too?
And does that mean I CAN be Pinkie?  :3
EDIT: Oh just kidding, you already PM'd me. XD

Ryo_D_Disk

ok i know i shouldnt say this but it wouldnt suprise me if pinke was a time traveler (and £5 she was in the cider queue back when it first started)

PrincessButton

Name: Surprise
Race (pegasus, unicorn, etc): Flutter pony (because I said so.  ovO )
Alliance: Flutter Valley
Role: Leading Flutter Valley
Personality: Pinkie Pie to a T.
Description/image:

Equipment, if any (trident, etc): Party cannon of course. (yes it existed back in the third ages.)
Important info/background: Just a third ages version of pinkie pie.

((if this is okay...  x3 ))

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 26, 19:02:23
Description/image:

Equipment, if any (trident, etc): Party cannon of course. (yes it existed back in the third ages.)

accepted, although she sure looks like a pegasus x3  but hey, she's essentially pinkie, she can change her race if she wants lol

PrincessButton

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 26, 19:08:07
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 26, 19:02:23
Description/image:

accepted, although she sure looks like a pegasus x3  but hey, she's essentially pinkie, she can change her race if she wants lol
Well yeah, because there isn't much art of her and I just found that picture online. If I had a picture of her as a flutter pony I would use it...but you know...  x3

Go Up