Making a game.

Started by Blues-Music, 2012 Oct 26, 05:08:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

Spriting:
So I took a course in game programming , and figured out some of the basics.I thought "Why not make a pony game?" so I started working on it.Its going to be about Blues , but i'm hoping to add your O.C's in too.I can do all the writing , and programming however I am in need of spriters who are capable of making pony sprites.The game follows a final fantasy style of fighting as well as the ability to gain members in your party.Each member will add an extra spice to the story making over 10 possible endings.I almost have the writing done so I started on programming the controls , but without spriters there is nothing to control so if you are a talented pony spriter willing to be a part of this game please post in this thread , and i'l PM you all the details.Also if you know how to sprite other MLP characters , and buildings you can also join.

Writing:I can handle all the writing , and as you read in spriting i'm making party member combinations add different story , and ending.If you are wondering who are the party members you probably already guessed canon , and fandom such as Octavia , and Vinyl.Yes you are right , but there are way more.Your O.C's.I know O.C's in pony games are bad ideas , but here is how it works.Its like a white mage , black mage , thief , warrior ect. type of style where each pony is specialized in something.I will not add any O.C I think is cliche , or might end up hated such as your typical "Sister of princess alicorn!" I will only allow O.C's well developed , and balanced.Their story is very important as it will affect the game , and its final outcome.So post your O.C's below if you want them to be in it.Note not all will be accepted.

Programming:I can handle it however it might run a little slow on my own.So if you are good at programming pixelated RPG's feel free to help me.This is the first game I ever made however i'm convinced I know the basics.It won't be as good as all the other RPG's , but i'm making it a version thing.Each problem gets fixed in the updated version thus perfecting it later on.Programmers CAN NOT program anything until I tell them to program it.Trust me its going to happen often.

You might be asking "If I join whats in it for me?".Well you get your name in the credits , and you get to play the game.Every time we make an edit I send the file to whoever is working with me so they can play it.However I am the only one that should put the game up for download , or post any footage , or submit it to any site.I am also making forums for this game so you can have your title there.

Xeno Aura

I can't help you with programming or spriting, but good luck on this, I think we could do with some quality MLP fan-games, most I've played are short ones that end in a few minutes at most.

Tekner

2012 Oct 26, 21:49:33 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 26, 22:00:15 by Tekner
My suggestions would be to mention spriting specifications such as size, format, and style and to let us know what language and IDE you're using. You can't just ask for programmers. That's equivalent to asking for help from a translator and not mentioning which languages they need to be able to speak.

Julius

Well, I can't help with the game unless you want a name for it or voice acting. lol

But I find the offer to add our ponies interesting, not to mention I love Final Fantasy and having my name in Videogames... Can't go wrong with that!

So, I would like to request for Julius to be in there, you know, if it's alright with you.

Spoiler: Character Details. • show
Here's Julius.

Spoiler: Julius. • show

Here's the guitar.

Spoiler: Guitar. • show

I added two images because the one in the second has a more accurate "Color", yet the first one has a better quality and you can see the details.

A story for him... Well that's rather tricky, as that is literally me as a pony, but I shall try my best to provide you with a description.

At the age of 17, Julius is... A very relaxed pegasus who really enjoys music and plays the guitar as his instrument of choice. He's very interested in magic and fantasy, and is sometimes found daydreaming. Is somewhat a joker, trying not to be serious unless it is absolutely necessary. Not shy at all, is confident, not completely outgoing, but still. Also has high self esteem. Tries to avoid trouble and stay neutral in difficult moments or heated arguments, but will always be there for those he cares for. He likes challenges and he absolutely loves flying above all else (With music as a close second), and finds adventures to be thrilling, even if he gets worried or scared sometimes, he always keeps going, never gives up, stays positive and has a happy-go-lucky attitude. Strongly believes in luck, and always says that lady luck is by his side (Which is true). Is a sweet guy, easy to make friends with and trust, but has never had a lover, and that annoys him. He'll always be there for you, whenever you need him, even though he may not always know what to say. He'll try his best to make you smile. :)

His goals are...

- To be a great flyer, perhaps one to rival Rainbow Dash.
- To become an amazing musician.
- To go on adventures full of magic, danger and thrills to save the world.

And finally...

- To find a lover.

His weapon of choice would be a Great and Powerful TRIXIE Zweihoofer (Two-Handed) Sword. Perhaps his guitar is also a Zweihoofer in disguise? Would be interesting and it would fit the awesomeness of his character, not to mention, it would be a unique weapon. :3

A class that would suit him well would have to be a Warrior, because of his weapon of choice and fighting style (And that is to go destroy everything in his path with his sword's mighty power). Perhaps being a Bard would fit too, because of his musical aspect and all that, but magic and range certainly aren't his thing.

Perhaps a mix between these two could work? He is after all a Pegasus. And with that Guitar being a Sword as well... I think I'm on to something here. Don't make him the strongest character in the game, but let him deal a nice ammount of damage and let him support others with his Bard side. Also, with him being a Pegasus and trying to rival Rainbow, he should have a fair amount of speed (Not too much though, he is a Warrior after all)!

The last details about him... Well, he's going to be very excited as soon as he finds out he has to save the world with the rest of the characters. He also loves Apples and finds it sweet when Applejack says Sugarcube. Finally, he wouldn't mind to have Applejack as a love interest, if that aspect made it to the game. :]

That's about it! Hopefully that's good enough to join the game! ^-^
Purr~

Blues-Music

2012 Oct 27, 04:50:14 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 27, 05:33:56 by Blues-Music
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Oct 26, 21:49:33
My suggestions would be to mention spriting specifications such as size, format, and style and to let us know what language and IDE you're using. You can't just ask for programmers. That's equivalent to asking for help from a translator and not mentioning which languages they need to be able to speak.
The language is C++ also I tell the programmers/spriters all the details after they have been accepted.Also sadly my allegro crashed so I have to use game maker for a while until I can fix this problem.Yes I know game maker has almost nothing to do with programming , but I have no choice.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 27, 01:37:37
Well, I can't help with the game unless you want a name for it or voice acting. lol

But I find the offer to add our ponies interesting, not to mention I love Final Fantasy and having my name in Videogames... Can't go wrong with that!

So, I would like to request for Julius to be in there, you know, if it's alright with you.

Spoiler: Character Details. • show
Here's Julius.

Spoiler: Julius. • show

Here's the guitar.

Spoiler: Guitar. • show

I added two images because the one in the second has a more accurate "Color", yet the first one has a better quality and you can see the details.

A story for him... Well that's rather tricky, as that is literally me as a pony, but I shall try my best to provide you with a description.

At the age of 17, Julius is... A very relaxed pegasus who really enjoys music and plays the guitar as his instrument of choice. He's very interested in magic and fantasy, and is sometimes found daydreaming. Is somewhat a joker, trying not to be serious unless it is absolutely necessary. Not shy at all, is confident, not completely outgoing, but still. Also has high self esteem. Tries to avoid trouble and stay neutral in difficult moments or heated arguments, but will always be there for those he cares for. He likes challenges and he absolutely loves flying above all else (With music as a close second), and finds adventures to be thrilling, even if he gets worried or scared sometimes, he always keeps going, never gives up, stays positive and has a happy-go-lucky attitude. Strongly believes in luck, and always says that lady luck is by his side (Which is true). Is a sweet guy, easy to make friends with and trust, but has never had a lover, and that annoys him. He'll always be there for you, whenever you need him, even though he may not always know what to say. He'll try his best to make you smile. :)

His goals are...

- To be a great flyer, perhaps one to rival Rainbow Dash.
- To become an amazing musician.
- To go on adventures full of magic, danger and thrills to save the world.

And finally...

- To find a lover.

His weapon of choice would be a Great and Powerful TRIXIE Zweihoofer (Two-Handed) Sword. Perhaps his guitar is also a Zweihoofer in disguise? Would be interesting and it would fit the awesomeness of his character, not to mention, it would be a unique weapon. :3

A class that would suit him well would have to be a Warrior, because of his weapon of choice and fighting style (And that is to go destroy everything in his path with his sword's mighty power). Perhaps being a Bard would fit too, because of his musical aspect and all that, but magic and range certainly aren't his thing.

Perhaps a mix between these two could work? He is after all a Pegasus. And with that Guitar being a Sword as well... I think I'm on to something here. Don't make him the strongest character in the game, but let him deal a nice ammount of damage and let him support others with his Bard side. Also, with him being a Pegasus and trying to rival Rainbow, he should have a fair amount of speed (Not too much though, he is a Warrior after all)!

The last details about him... Well, he's going to be very excited as soon as he finds out he has to save the world with the rest of the characters. He also loves Apples and finds it sweet when Applejack says Sugarcube. Finally, he wouldn't mind to have Applejack as a love interest, if that aspect made it to the game. :]

That's about it! Hopefully that's good enough to join the game! ^-^
Yes it is good however I doubt we will be able to add your guitar in it.

Julius

Hey, If he can make it to the game - Even without the guitar - Throw him in anyways! ovO

Would be a nice touch, however, if there was still mention for his musical love. :)

Anyways... I'm very excited now! :D

Think that's too many Pinkie smileys?
Purr~

Tekner

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Oct 27, 04:50:14
I tell the programmers/spriters all the details after they have been accepted.
Yes, but it's unfair for a Java, Python, even HTML programmer to say "I want to help!" only to learn that they don't have the skills necessary to help because they don't even know the correct language.

I'm sorry your allegro broke. That really does stink.

Blues-Music

Okay sadly due to allegro refusing to work , and all the other programming programs make it almost impossible to make a legit RPG i'm going to have to scrap this >.< I can however make an animated/comic series with the sprites MLP online decided to leave to the public.

Go Up