sword Art Online

Started by HunterOfTheDark, 2014 Jul 02, 08:06:01

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HunterOfTheDark

In the year 2022 CE, ponykind finally built a full virtual environment!

It has been 50 years since the first computer was invented, 20 years since wireless internet was revolutionized, 8 years since since internet speed was increased, and 2 years since Princess Twilight Sparkle patented her revolutionary hardware known as the NerveGear, allowing hard-core gamers across Equestria to fully immerse themselves within a video game. Now, in the year 2022, Princess Twilight Sparkle has finally released her masterpiece: Sword Art Online!

"Hi there! Time for this weeks MMO stream! You just saw a promo for this week's featured game, and this what last weeks launch day looked like. Can you guess what everypony is waiting in line for? Sword Art Online!..." The computer of the 17 year-old's computer was currently playing a popular online stream, as the owner flipped through a magazine article on the featured game. "...The first pony in line said he camped out at the store for three days! But if you're a hard-core gamer, that's what you do! On this week's episode of the MMO Stream, we'll be covering the internationaly famous Sword Art Online, AKA, SAO! Up till now, none of the NerveGear software..."

"Hey, I'm off to practice now," the voice of the colt's sister filtered through the closed door of his room. "I'll see ya later, OK?"

The colt looks up as he hears hoofsteps move away from his door, and glances at the clock. 12:55 PM. Five minutes until the servers of SAO officially open. He closes all the internet browsers that are open and begins his set-up. First he connects his NerveGear headset to the computer, and plugs it in to ensure the internal battery doesn't run dry. Next he starts the game up on his computer. Finally, he lays down on his bed, with only seconds left until the servers open. He smirks as the clock finally indicates that its 1:00 PM. He closes his eyes and shouts, " Link start!"

>Touch...Ok
>Sight...Ok
>Hearing...Ok
>Sight...Ok
>Smell...Ok
>Language
    >English
>Account Access
    >*******
    >***********
>Character Registration
    >Use beta-test data, Shadow Storm?
        >Yes
        >No
    >Yes
>Welcome to Sword Art Online!

Shadow Storm opens his eyes to find himself standing in the middle of a large town square. He grins in anticipation as other players begin to appear around him.

"Hello world, I'm back!"

((Alright, your first post will not look anything like this one. You all will start as you appear in the town square of the Town of Beginnings.))
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Naura

2014 Jul 02, 08:12:42 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 02, 10:19:41 by Naura
Naura walks up through the town.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chibalt

It only took a few minutes before Frosty falls, or frosted blade as his in-game name was, appearing in the town square too, blinking a little and looking around, then scratching the ground a little, kicking up a small bit of dust. "Hmh, no sensation glitches so far." He mumbled to himself quietly, followed by some slightly grumbling about log-in waiting times.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Zander Slade

Steam looked around, seeing ponies already gathering in groups.

Zander Slade

He started to wander around, no direction being favored.

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jul 03, 04:29:41 #5 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 03, 19:20:56 by Omega_Khaos
Dancer always loved trying out a game she helped to get working really good. She hooks up her VR Gear and begins the Login Sequence.

>Touch...Ok
>Sight...Ok
>Hearing...Ok
>Taste...Ok
>Smell...Ok
>Sense...Ok
>Language
    >English
>Account Access
    >*******
    >***********
>Character Registration
    >Use beta-test data, Wing Storm?
        >Yes
        >No
    >Yes
>Welcome to Sword Art Online!

As Wing Storm opens her eyes, she looks around and thinks to herself, "[glow=cyan,2,300]OK. Things are the same as before but I can tell my chara data has been reset in preparation for the opening server events. First things first, I will need to get my gear in order. The skill shop. I think this time I will run as a Beast Tamer/leatherworker. Weapon choice Swallows. Can't use swallows till I can find the materials and someone to make me one, so I will use a dagger or bow for now and the setup I have should allow me an easy evasion for most enemies in the immediate area, so if I miss they should too. Ok my plan of leveling half skill into Leatherworking for item creation, It will be cheaper in the long run, half into Beast Tamer for combat with swallow specialization for easy defensive ability. Heck I just made myself into an avoidance tank or hit taker.[/glow]"

Wing Storm starts out by finding the quest board. She looks for quests that can be repeated and have Leatherworking recipies. If she finds none, She then looks for ones that are just repeatable. She decides to take them two at a time, so others have a chance to do them When they next show up again. Wing Storm loves the repeatable quests because the rewards change slightly from the ones listed before and they scale with level for the current floor you get them on as well as you. She loves team quests more because they say you have to team to do them, but not a single time in any game so far has she had to team to do team quests. She hopes this time they fixed that. she also heads to the skill shop to find out how much and the requirements needed to unlock the Beast Taming skill.

((I do not particularly know what prereqs are needed to unlock the beast tamer. She has already decided to put three points into her intelligence and evasion for the leatherworking profession. The other four go into her beast Tamer skill for combat purposes. This is at level up. The pattern she will go with for Leatherworking is 2 Int and 1 Eva. Her spec score is Intelligence.))

Zander Slade

(So quiet here...........)

HunterOfTheDark

((Well, we lost a bunch of players, so I think its safe to say this RP was a gigantic failure. Too ambitious for this forum. Though if you really want to participate in an SAO RP, I'd suggest joining the SAO RP on Coloholics Anonymous))
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Zander Slade

(Tis disheartening news, this looked so promising.)

Omega_Khaos

((well.....there goes my interest in any SAO based RP.))

Zander Slade

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2014 Jul 08, 01:32:21
((well.....there goes my interest in any SAO based RP.))

What do you mean?

Omega_Khaos

((This RP is either over or on a major Hiatus right now.))

Go Up