Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 17, 20:09:46
At my school if you wrote ANYTHING on a stall it was considered on the same lvl as a bomb threat

My high school didn't care so much about stall-writings considering the worst thing that happened in the bathrooms, that I know of, was people setting things on fire. :I Why would you set the paper towel dispenser or trash can on fire?! Especially since the school was barely flammable!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 19:59:32
When I can't find a bathroom stall that isn't covered in stuff like that. Fortunately this was mostly only my old college; my new one has stuff like "The Grout Depression" and "Grout Expectations" written in tiny letters on the grout on the walls.  :3

Sounds like a GROUT college! (Yeah, I put no thought into that. X3)
I would've went for The Grout Gatsby. Though I do like Led Zeppelin's album: In Through the Grout Door.   
I have more, but all these grout puns could make a pony hos-TILE.
--------

Now, ON the apparent topic of school bathrooms. I recall a middle school, I was in elementary at the time, having a huge problem with bomb threats. There were 6 in under 6 months, and the school lost tens of thousands of dollars because of it.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

lurk852

2012 Jul 17, 20:54:50 #962 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 17, 20:58:05 by lurk852
Quote from: Star Striker on 2012 Jul 17, 20:10:04
On the topic of toilets. I hate it when women pee all over the seat thinking that if they sit on the seat they'll contract all the diseases in the world. ;;
Especially since I work at a gas station, and our bathroom is cleaned whenever there is a mess, and then cleaned every night so it'll be good for the next day. But still people get it everywhere ;A; Whhhhyyyyy its literally no different than having 15 of your friends at your house and them all using your toilet for a day.

Your customers don't know that you clean it every night; I imagine not every place does. Anyway, one of my parents knows someone who caught a pretty serious STD from a toilet seat, so... yeah, not exactly an unfounded fear.

And that analogy only works if all of your friends are STD-free and trained to not pee on the seat.  :P

edit:

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 20:52:42
Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 19:59:32
When I can't find a bathroom stall that isn't covered in stuff like that. Fortunately this was mostly only my old college; my new one has stuff like "The Grout Depression" and "Grout Expectations" written in tiny letters on the grout on the walls.  :3

Sounds like a GROUT college! (Yeah, I put no thought into that. X3)
I would've went for The Grout Gatsby. Though I do like Led Zeppelin's album: In Through the Grout Door.   
I have more, but all these grout puns could make a pony hos-TILE.
--------

Now, ON the apparent topic of school bathrooms. I recall a middle school, I was in elementary at the time, having a huge problem with bomb threats. There were 6 in under 6 months, and the school lost tens of thousands of dollars because of it.

The Grout Gatsby was on there too (there were a -lot- of puns) but I don't think that second one was. Perhaps I should add it!

Bomb threats... grah. Someone accused me of that in elementary school when I left a message on a friend's computer saying "this computer is going to explode", and I got suspended because of it. Fun times. I wonder what was the deal with that middle school, though.

On-topic: those [censored] underwater levels in N64 games like DK64, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, etc.  >:(
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

I was walking around with sandals on and apparently a shard of glass punctured the side of one of them without me noticing it. Took a sharp right and the shard sliced my toe.

To make it atleast humorous, I felt a small pain; looked down and noticed a stream of blood coming from the wound and I was like...

"hmmm? oh I'm bleeding" :P

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 20:54:50
On-topic: those [censored] underwater levels in N64 games like DK64, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, etc.  >:(

Those underwater levels always terrified me as a child.

Eels in Majora's Mask:  >A<
Jolly Roger Bay in Banjo Tooie:  >A<
That whole level of DK64:  >A<
Some....giant thing I don't remember in Glover:  >A<
Some other giant think in Bomberman Hero:  >A<
The eel in Mario 64:  :D He's adorable!

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

Bomb threats... grah. Someone accused me of that in elementary school when I left a message on a friend's computer saying "this computer is going to explode", and I got suspended because of it. Fun times. I wonder what was the deal with that middle school, though.

It has always annoyed me how overly sensitive some schools can be, especially elementary schools. :l When I was in elementary school, I got in trouble for
1. Having a butter knife in my lunch box with my peanut butter sandwich. A butter knife. My dad accidentally left it in there when he finished making my sandwich.
2. Saying "What the heck is that?"

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 17, 21:18:50
I was walking around with sandals on and apparently a shard of glass punctured the side of one of them without me noticing it. Took a sharp right and the shard sliced my toe.

To make it atleast humorous, I felt a small pain; looked down and noticed a stream of blood coming from the wound and I was like...

Something sort of similar happened to me once, but it was in my room, I was barefoot, and what cut me was... wait for it... the paper map that came with my Legend of Zelda game. It somehow sliced my big toe, but I didn't notice because I wasn't wearing my glasses and I have awful eyesight. When I crouched down to take a closer look at the floor, I noticed blood coming from my toe, and then it started hurting.

I mean, what the hay, body? You need me to see the wound for you to know that you're wounded??

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 22:00:57
Spoiler: show

It has always annoyed me how overly sensitive some schools can be, especially elementary schools. :l When I was in elementary school, I got in trouble for
1. Having a butter knife in my lunch box with my peanut butter sandwich. A butter knife. My dad accidentally left it in there when he finished making my sandwich.
2. Saying "What the heck is that?"

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 17, 21:18:50

Something sort of similar happened to me once, but it was in my room, I was barefoot, and what cut me was... wait for it... the paper map that came with my Legend of Zelda game. It somehow sliced my big toe, but I didn't notice because I wasn't wearing my glasses and I have awful eyesight. When I crouched down to take a closer look at the floor, I noticed blood coming from my toe, and then it started hurting.

I mean, what the hay, body? You need me to see the wound for you to know that you're wounded??

Fun little fact for you: out of sight out of mind can be a real thing, your brain cant fully assess the wound untill you see it directly. thats why if you see someone hurt you may make a OOUUUUUU... sound showing that it had to hurt. Its because your brain is processing it.

Book Smarts

Lesson I learned today, don't walk in sandals around anywhere with broken glass  x3

Zygrograxgra

The fact that when I was some seven years old a bee landed on my shoulder.
I stood still, 'cause it was the kind that's easy to agitate but usually goes away after a few moments.
It felt like fifteen minutes, and then I flinched.
Came extremely close to squishing it, and it stung my earlobe.
Fear of bees, wasps, hornets, and anything small that flies by me ever since.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 18, 00:01:22
The fact that when I was some seven years old a bee landed on my shoulder.
I stood still, 'cause it was the kind that's easy to agitate but usually goes away after a few moments.
It felt like fifteen minutes, and then I flinched.
Came extremely close to squishing it, and it stung my earlobe.
Fear of bees, wasps, hornets, and anything small that flies by me ever since.

I find it annoying that bees are just awesome but wasps just want to hurt us

The Stars

XD Idk what you're talking about Madness.

I Find it annoying though that that I seem to be the only person in my familly who cant STAND the cold, Like, No body else but me are usually freezing cold.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

The Wandering Magus

i find it annoying that the pole beans ALWAYS try to move in the wrong direction, no matter how much string and rope and pleading you use >.<
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Echo

Annoying things annoy me. I could make a list to the ends of the earth, but I will just state some that I find extremely annoying and those are..

> Thickheaded people, idiots, anyone that you can't reasonably argue with.

> Wannabe's, no matter what they are trying to immitate.

>My mother suddenly assaulting into my room when the door is closed, the cracking noise the door makes is just annoying to no end.

>Oversensitive people that overreact of course, or to put it bluntly, Drama Queens/Kings/Princesses/whatever you want to call them.

>Badly designed games with clunky gameplay!  >:(

>The Floor.  >:/

Lord of Madness

When someone crashes into your new Camaro  THEN BLAME YOU FOR IT.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 18, 15:59:53 #974 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 16:02:42 by Chishio Kunrin
When I'm playing a game that I have to concentrate really hard on in order to do well, and a cat comes over like "Whatcha doin'? Pet me. Hold me. Let me get in your lap. Let me step on stuff."
And I'm like "NO. Get away! >:O Don't touch me, don't distract me! AAGH!"

The current game in GaiaOnline's Rejected Olympics requires concentration, so. I don't want my cats to bother me today. or tomorrow. or... until the Olympics are over.

Lary

2012 Jul 18, 16:12:51 #975 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 16:19:45 by Lary
Quote from: Echo on 2012 Jul 18, 14:03:23
Annoying things annoy me. I could make a list to the ends of the earth, but I will just state some that I find extremely annoying and those are..

> Thickheaded people, idiots, anyone that you can't reasonably argue with.

> Wannabe's, no matter what they are trying to immitate.

>My mother suddenly assaulting into my room when the door is closed, the cracking noise the door makes is just annoying to no end.

>Oversensitive people that overreact of course, or to put it bluntly, Drama Queens/Kings/Princesses/whatever you want to call them.

>Badly designed games with clunky gameplay!  >:(

>The Floor.  >:/

Oh look, they all describe me. =P

And yes, I am the floor.

On-topic;

I hate this image oh so much. It gets on my nerves just seeing it.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 18, 16:31:19 #976 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 18, 18:44:57 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jul 18, 16:12:51
On-topic;

I hate this image oh so much. It gets on my nerves just seeing it.

At least this time, the mod said what rule was broken. It was in the thread for Two Best Sisters Play videos. The videos contained bad language.

[Edit]: When I'm playing a game, and out of nowhere, it stops letting me move! >:O So when I get to the end, I have barely any points at all because my character got the crap beaten out of her while standing there like a moron!

The Wandering Magus

It annoys me when ANYPONY acts patronizing/paternalistic to me.  I'm second year in university, I don't need babying.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Lord of Madness

when someone flicks my ear

Crystal Chaos

Ponies touching my shoulders... makes me want to kill something.

Go Up