just one suggestion

Started by Fu-shia Writer, 2016 Apr 20, 22:08:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Fu-shia Writer

can i ask about the verification thing at the bottom of well everything like its sooo frustrating to continuously do the verification stuff so please if its not to much to ask please get rid of it or make it so that i dont have to put in those letters. dose anyone else feel this way or just me.
when life gives you lemons make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it.

NightMoonMare

It's to make sure you're not a bot, it's actually quite useful and important and it takes about 3 seconds to do. Every math answer is always the same too, so it's just the verification really.

Jcfraven

2016 Apr 21, 06:48:07 #2 Last Edit: 2016 Apr 21, 06:49:55 by Jcfraven
I'll be honest, I haven't used the webpage(actively) in so long I'm not sure if I'm completely understanding what you're talking about(Tapatalk on mobile doesn't require verification).

If I do understand you correctly, and recall the forum enough, the verification system was made to try to stop the amount of spam posts and the like, from spam accounts(usually bots) or a hijacking of legitimate accounts(viruses and the like). With the inputting of the letters and such, though annoying, is a minor inconvinience when compared to the headache of dealing with no verification, with all the spam that would come to pass as a result.

While I personally understand the distaste for continuous verification, you have to look at the bigger picture. Not a bad suggestion, per-say, but not one that would be done, I wouldn't think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pipkin

I think you are the second person to report this now.  There is supposed to be a captcha during registration but I have never seen a captcha on a post.  Can a web developer confirm if this is supposed to be happening?  And if so why only a select few users?

Thanks

NightMoonMare

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Apr 21, 19:53:48
I think you are the second person to report this now.  There is supposed to be a captcha during registration but I have never seen a captcha on a post.  Can a web developer confirm if this is supposed to be happening?  And if so why only a select few users?

Thanks

I don't think it affects staff members.  :s

Pipkin

I was going to post with my user account to show I have one and it pops up for it as well.  Ok, now i'm more curious than ever

PlatinumJoystick

I don't see any verification in the posts, myself.
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

Jcfraven

Quote from: PlatinumJoystick on 2016 Apr 22, 16:52:42
I don't see any verification in the posts, myself.

Odd. Maybe it is for specific users.

Elphyda

I had it for a while within the first few weeks of my joining.

Nameless Whirlwind

Quote from: AnthroYuu on 2016 Apr 22, 20:24:35
I had it for a while within the first few weeks of my joining.

This. The verification system is there to prevent any spambots from signing up and posting anything for the first few...months?

I checked with my other accounts (one 4 years old and the other 2) and they do not have to fill in the verification system whenever I needed to post.

The current account (the one I am currently signed in with) is five months old and I still have to fill in the verification system to post. I expect it to be gone when my account is six months old, but that is just my theory. It could as well be an entire year.

But the form will go away with time. (This is just my theory)
Signature.

NightMoonMare

Quote from: Nameless Whirlwind on 2016 Apr 22, 21:14:32
This. The verification system is there to prevent any spambots from signing up and posting anything for the first few...months?

I checked with my other accounts (one 4 years old and the other 2) and they do not have to fill in the verification system whenever I needed to post.

The current account (the one I am currently signed in with) is five months old and I still have to fill in the verification system to post. I expect it to be gone when my account is six months old, but that is just my theory. It could as well be an entire year.

But the form will go away with time. (This is just my theory)

Might want to look at when I joined buddy.  :/

GoFish

Hi all,

A verification to send a new post is enabled for accounts having less than 3 posts to help avoiding spam bots.
Once you will have posted more than 3 posts anywhere on the forum, you will be able to submit new posts without any verification.

Topic locked.

Go Up