(Sign-up) Ace Combat: Redemption Dawn

Started by Nimbus, 2013 Sep 07, 13:19:43

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nimbus

In honor of the upcoming "Ace Combat Infinity" I'd like to open up a roleplay for those interested in giving something Ace Combat-related a try. Without further ado, here we go:

Synopsis: In the shadow of the Belkan War, two rising superpowers- Yuktobania and Osea- have begun their quests for influence amongst the nations of Strangereal. The nation of Verusea, located on the Yuktobanian continent, has observed increased fighter patrols and aggressive activity along its coast, from the nation of Sotoa. Yuktobania has supplied Sotoa with weapons, in an attempt to "test" the strength of their military equipment. Osea, meanwhile, has provided assistance to Verusea. You are a Verusean pilot in the 132nd Fighter Squadron, also known as Windigo. Your task in the days ahead is to help your country prevent war with Sotoa, but if necessary, help it survive conflict.

Rules: Each pilot receives three aircraft- one fighter, one multirole, and one ground attack. These aircraft do not have to be from the Ace Combat universe (i.e. F-8 Crusader, S-3 Viking, etc) but should be chosen based on an Ace Combat-style tier system. Each player chooses an "Ace" color scheme, as well as color schemes for their other aircraft. This scheme will be on the player's "signature aircraft," (like Cipher's F-15 or Mobius One's F-22).

Tier classifications: Tier one- any aircraft up to fourth generation. Tier two- fifth generation aircraft. Tier three- Ace Combat-exclusive prototypes and original aircraft.

Members select their own aircraft, but do so based on tiers. In other words, one cannot start the roleplay flying a super-prototype such as the ADF-01, CFA-44, X-02, need I go on? Those planes will be available later, as will the option for players to create an OA (original aircraft). To start the RP, however, I'd advise that players select low-tier aircraft, similar to the actual game.

On another note, I'd like to hear whether you'd prefer that A) all players in this RP are in the same squadron, B) all players in the RP are in different squadrons, but fly for the same country or that country's ally, or C) players can represent different countries, including the antagonist country (currently undecided).

If this all sounds too complicated, let me know and I'll simplify it. I'm simply trying to make this RP work for incoming players' expectations. As such, it should feature several things the Ace Combat series uses frequently, such as at least one superweapon on the opposing country's side, and enemy aces, to name a few.

The map I plan to use can be found at this link: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130414181451/acecombat/images/5/5f/Strangereal_Project_Aces_Full_Map.png

The following is an example of how to do your character/aircraft sheet. Note- you don't actually have to have a picture, but it helps:

Name: Niles Fiesler
Callsign: Mistral
Birth Country: Verusea
Aircraft and color schemes:
-Fighter: Mirage F1 (Ace: White with blue markings)
-Multirole: F-4E Phantom II (Two-tone grey with a blue tail stripe)
-Ground: A-5 Vigilante (Desert camouflage with a blue tail stripe)

In addition, I will be bringing in one original fighter towards the end of the RP as a tier-1 aircraft: the YF-34 Pegasus

Dark Hooves

2013 Sep 07, 13:41:18 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 08, 13:47:28 by Dark Hooves
Name: Dark Hooves
Species: humanized alicorn
Call sign: Night Raven
Birth Country: Ustio
Aircraft: Tier 1 F-5 Tiger II with tiger paint job, F-1 Kaizen (attacker), F/A-18 Hornet (Multi-Role), Tier 2 Su-37 with Yellow 13's paint job, A-10 Thunderbolt II (attacker), Rafale M (multi-role) (when available for use), Tier 3 (when available for use) ADF-01X Falken paint job Black body with red markings on the wings (custom), X-02 Wyvern (multi-role) solid black with a raven emblem on the tail (custom), F-35 Lightning II Razgriz colors
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

narwhaliagames

((I would join but I don't understand all the explainations of the planes
ay i'm no longer using this site

Dark Hooves

generation of aircraft means how old or new it is

an F-5 Tiger II is a gen 3 I think, the Su-37 is a gen 4 fighter, the F-22 Raptor is a gen 5 fighter
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

narwhaliagames

ay i'm no longer using this site

Dark Hooves

generation 5 are the newest planes, F-22 Raptor, YF-23 Blackwidow II, Su-47 Berkut

Nimbus

2013 Sep 07, 22:30:23 #6 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 07, 22:33:27 by Nimbus
Basically, every generation is an improvement on the last. Gen 5's are currently leaving development or are already in use, while several prototype planes can be considered "gen 6."

Also, Dark Hooves, I'd rather you had your Alicorn in human form for this, just to stay canon-friendly for Ace Combat.

Post Merge

And to clear up any confusion about the tier system. Every pilot can have three planes per tier. You get an attacker, multirole, and a fighter. So Dark Hooves, you can have three more planes right now if you'd like, in addition to the F-5.

Dark Hooves

2013 Sep 08, 08:36:51 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 08, 08:53:49 by Dark Hooves
Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2013 Sep 07, 13:41:18
Name: Dark Hooves
Species: humanized alicorn
Call sign: Night Raven
Aircraft: Tier 1 F-5 Tiger II with tiger paint job, F-1 Kaizen (attacker), F/A-18 Hornet (Multi-Role), Tier 2 Su-37 with Yellow 13's paint job, A-10 Thunderbolt II (attacker), Rafale M (multi-role) (when available for use), Tier 3 (when available for use) ADF-01X Falken paint job Black body with red markings on the wings (custom), X-02 Wyvern (multi-role) solid black with a raven emblem on the tail (custom), F-35 Lightning II Razgriz colors

My revised sign up request.

Somebeing

2013 Sep 08, 12:03:25 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 08, 12:04:58 by Somebeing
"Never thought you be part of Mobius, Niles. Either that or your just putting on that symbol for fun."

Name: Daniel Davidson ((I don't know!!?!?!))
Callsign: Final ((Until he joins a squad, he currently doesn't have one.))
Birth Country: Upper half of OSEA, near the town of Fairwether
Aircraft:

Fighter -
Spoiler: F-14A Tomcat • show

Multi-Role -
Spoiler: F-16C Fighting Falcon • show

Ground -
Spoiler: A-10A Thunderbolt II • show

Info: Joining the military at the age of 21, his brother manage to afford him his first military aircraft, the F-16C. He would have to prove his right in his job if he could own more aircraft.

Nimbus

Quote from: Somebeing on 2013 Sep 08, 12:03:25
"Never thought you be part of Mobius, Niles. Either that or your just putting on that symbol for fun."

"Ah, you saw the emblem. It's very similar to Mobius, but here's a closeup of what it actually is:

Somebeing

Quote from: Nimbus on 2013 Sep 08, 12:18:58
Quote from: Somebeing on 2013 Sep 08, 12:03:25

"Ah, you saw the emblem. It's very similar to Mobius, but here's a closeup of what it actually is:

"Hmph, just a recruit, you know. Looking for an squad an' all."

((Antarctica should be out antagonist country.))

Dark Hooves

ok I added his birth country of Ustio

I think I'll have him as a knight ace

A knight ace upholds honor and has mercy on the weak.

Nimbus

That's a good idea, using AC Zero ace systems. Niles would probably also be a knight.

For the record, the three kinds of aces are Knight, Soldier, and Mercenary.

Dark Hooves

2013 Sep 08, 17:22:07 #13 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 08, 17:48:03 by Dark Hooves
A soldier ace reads the tide of battle and acts accordingly.

A mercenary ace thirsts for power and wealth.

So that means there will be some neutral (yellow) targets which your ace style dictates your actions with them. Also when you shoot at NPC aircraft, some of them will become neutralized and become yellow targets.

Nimbus

Nearly ready to start. There will also be two superweapons in this story, but I'm not revealing them just yet...

Somebeing

Soldier Ace here.

He'll go for military encampments if:

1. Is in the mission radius
2. Seems safe to do so.

"Anything would help for the war effort, even if its a jet. For all we know, it could be something special."

However, he won't even dare touch civilian buildings.

"Their lives aren't in the brisk of war. Those who choose to are."

He would disobey orders for the lives of those innocent people.

Nimbus

2013 Sep 08, 21:03:14 #16 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 10, 14:54:53 by Nimbus
The RP is now open. Newcomers are welcome to join, but must sign up here first.

Post Merge

Update 1: The RP will feature at least one primary enemy ace squadron, callsign "Aethon." Aethon Squadron flies Chengdu J-20 aircraft, and are the pride of the Sotoan Air Defense Force.

Puynsi

2013 Sep 10, 22:22:26 #17 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 11, 09:15:33 by Puynsi
Name: Puynsi
Species: Humnized Alicorn with broken horn, bracelets in both hands, and augumented wings.
Callsign: Yagdrassil/ Yagdra for shorts.
Birth Country: Amber
Aircraft:
Fighter: YF - 34 Pegasus (Full pitch black with white lines mergin on the nose)
Multi-Role: F -14 Bombcat (Black and White Camo)
Ground: Su - 25T (White with Gray pattern)

Nimbus

Awesome! Another Pegasus flyer! You need to select some tier 3 aircraft first, though. Your SU-25 and F-14 are fine (as long as the F-14 is the "Bombcat" version), but we won't "unlock" the YF-34 until later.

Dark Hooves

you mean tier 1, which are gen 3 aircraft

Go Up