Canterlot: City of Light! City of Magic! (Open/Jump in RP.)

Started by Onyx Quill, 2017 Nov 29, 00:03:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ScarletInk

*Except the door gets opened before he can and he accidentally boops Scarlet's nose.*
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 12, 15:45:39*Except the door gets opened before he can and he accidentally boops Scarlet's nose.*

*Onyx blushes cutely*

"Oh, uh... morning Scarlet! Lily!"
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

Hi, Onyx! Came to pick us up? Nice of you! ^-^ *Lily replies, continuously bumping her sister's shoulder to get her to speak*

Uhm... you look really nice wearing the uniform. X3

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 12, 16:18:01Hi, Onyx! Came to pick us up? Nice of you! ^-^ *Lily replies, continuously bumping her sister's shoulder to get her to speak*

Uhm... you look really nice wearing the uniform. X3

*Onyx blushes again*

"Hehe, thanks. You look amazing."
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

ScarletInk

You two can plan your wedding later! We're going to be late! *Lily says, ushering both of them out of the campus and toward the School*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 13, 14:51:04You two can plan your wedding later! We're going to be late! *Lily says, ushering both of them out of the campus and toward the School*

*Onyx blushes fiercely at Lily's comment and marches along after her with Scarlet at his side. As they reach the front of the lecture hall, Onyx sees the huge crowd of ponies. Including several familiar faces. He waves to Lyra and Bon Bon, then the Germane Officer he saw earlier approaches. He bows his head to Onyx in a military fashion*

"Hello, Sergeant. I'm Oberleutnant Grimmige Klinge. 78th Independent Regiment. Or I was, anyway."

*He says pleasantly. Onyx salutes, and answers with military courtesy*

"It's good to meet you, Oberleutnant. I'm glad you're here. We may have been on opposite sides, but all our stories need to be told."

*The Germane nods*

"Indeed. I have to say, the ponies here have been very welcoming. I'm a bit surprised."

*Onyx smiles*

"Well, after the war ended, there was no 'us vs. them' with your people anymore. We were all soldiers. We all went through a lot... By the way, these are my friends: Scarlet Ink and her sister Lily."

*The Germane bows his head respectfully to the two sisters*

"An honor to meet you both."

ScarletInk

Nice to meet you, sir. ^-^

I second that. ^-^

*Both mares bow their heads back at him.*

Onyx Quill

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2018 Feb 13, 15:15:24Nice to meet you, sir. ^-^

I second that. ^-^

*Both mares bow their heads back at him.*

*He smiles warmly at the pair. Onyx seems to be studying him.*

"You were an infantry officer?"

*He nods*

"Yes. I led the 3rd Company."

*Onyx nods back at him*

"78th Independent Regiment? They were fine soldiers. Always respected them. Were you at Bridemont?"

*The Germane nods solemnly*

"I was. Terrible business. We held out as long as we could. Made our Fatherland proud. But it wasn't enough"

"One hay of a battle. We all lost a lot of friends..."

SparkleChord

(Formerly known as Purple)

Onyx Quill

SparkleChord

((thanks ^^))

Spoiler: character app • show
Name: Sparkle Chord
Race: Unicorn
Talent: Singing
Personality: Optimistic, Trusting, Charismatic, Pure-hearted, Caring, Determined, Enthusiastic, Oblivious, Hasty, Naive, Slow Learner, Insecure, Sensitive, Easily Lost
Misc: Originally from Manehattan.  Came to Canterlot to study magic.  Shorter than average, likes strawberries.

Somewhere on the outskirts of the city, a train from Manehattan pulls into the station, as many ponies file out of it's cars.  Among these ponies was a young mare by the name of Sparkle Chord, who was visiting Canterlot for the first time.  As the young mare stepped off the train and followed the crowd into the city's gates, she took a deep breath.  This was it.  Her first day away from home.  After 17 years of living in Manehattan with her parents, she was finally heading out to see the world.  Taking in the sights of the sparkling city, Sparkle marveled at the pristine white buildings and golden spires of Equestria's capital.  The whole place gave off a regal aura, filling the mare with a sense of excitement.  Taking a moment to search through her saddlebags, Sparkle pulled out a map and quickly examined it.  Assuming she was reading this thing right, her destination was on the other side of town.  Letting out a sigh, she began walking in the direction of the magic school she was supposed to attend.  The walk would be a long one, but with every step her heart grew lighter, the excitement of attending a school specially for magic building within her quickly.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Mar 11, 23:01:31((thanks ^^))

Spoiler: character app • show
Name: Sparkle Chord
Race: Unicorn
Talent: Singing
Personality: Optimistic, Trusting, Charismatic, Pure-hearted, Caring, Determined, Enthusiastic, Oblivious, Hasty, Naive, Slow Learner, Insecure, Sensitive, Easily Lost
Misc: Originally from Manehattan.  Came to Canterlot to study magic.  Shorter than average, likes strawberries.

Somewhere on the outskirts of the city, a train from Manehattan pulls into the station, as many ponies file out of it's cars.  Among these ponies was a young mare by the name of Sparkle Chord, who was visiting Canterlot for the first time.  As the young mare stepped off the train and followed the crowd into the city's gates, she took a deep breath.  This was it.  Her first day away from home.  After 17 years of living in Manehattan with her parents, she was finally heading out to see the world.  Taking in the sights of the sparkling city, Sparkle marveled at the pristine white buildings and golden spires of Equestria's capital.  The whole place gave off a regal aura, filling the mare with a sense of excitement.  Taking a moment to search through her saddlebags, Sparkle pulled out a map and quickly examined it.  Assuming she was reading this thing right, her destination was on the other side of town.  Letting out a sigh, she began walking in the direction of the magic school she was supposed to attend.  The walk would be a long one, but with every step her heart grew lighter, the excitement of attending a school specially for magic building within her quickly.

*Off on a side street, a young stallion wanders toward the same destination. He walks slowly, but with purpose. He knows the way, but isn't in a hurry to get there, as his thoughts are all over the place. He thinks back to his vacation. The cruise where he met two Princesses. One of the most memorable times of his young life. He's so wrapped up in his thoughts that he doesn't see the young unicorn mare in front of him until he's nearly on top of her. He lets out a gasp and skids to a quick halt. Nearly bumping into @SparkleChord *

"Oh! I'm sorry miss! I almost ran into you!"

SparkleChord

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Mar 11, 23:14:32*Off on a side street, a young stallion wanders toward the same destination. He walks slowly, but with purpose. He knows the way, but isn't in a hurry to get there, as his thoughts are all over the place. He thinks back to his vacation. The cruise where he met two Princesses. One of the most memorable times of his young life. He's so wrapped up in his thoughts that he doesn't see the young unicorn mare in front of him until he's nearly on top of her. He lets out a gasp and skids to a quick halt. Nearly bumping into @SparkleChord *

"Oh! I'm sorry miss! I almost ran into you!"

Rather startled by the almost-collision with an unknown stallion, Sparkle nearly fell over anyhow, even though she never actually collided with anyone.  Regaining her balance, she turned toward the pony who had almost walked over her with an apologetic look. 

"No no, it's fine!  That was totally my fault!  I should've been paying more attention..."  She said, smiling sheepishly.  "Are you alright?"

Onyx Quill

Quote from: SparkleChord on 2018 Mar 11, 23:24:06Rather startled by the almost-collision with an unknown stallion, Sparkle nearly fell over anyhow, even though she never actually collided with anyone.  Regaining her balance, she turned toward the pony who had almost walked over her with an apologetic look. 

"No no, it's fine!  That was totally my fault!  I should've been paying more attention..."  She said, smiling sheepishly.  "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you. Are you going to the Unicorn school? That's where I'm headed. I mean, I know I'm an Earth Pony, but a friend of my dad is doing a lecture there about the Great War today."

*He smiles pleasantly at Sparkle, and starts trotting toward the school*

"By the way, my name's Star Tracker. Nice to meet you."

SparkleChord

Quote from: Onyx Quill on 2018 Mar 12, 13:45:37"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you. Are you going to the Unicorn school? That's where I'm headed. I mean, I know I'm an Earth Pony, but a friend of my dad is doing a lecture there about the Great War today."

*He smiles pleasantly at Sparkle, and starts trotting toward the school*

"By the way, my name's Star Tracker. Nice to meet you."

"Actually, yeah, that's exactly where I was headed!"  Sparkle said with a smile, following the earth pony as he began to walk off.  Upon the stallion introducing himself, she offered a polite nod.  "Nice to meet you too!  My name's Sparkle Chord!"  She said, her smile bright as ever.  Her first day in the city, and she had already made a new friend!  How exciting!

Go Up