A Winter Vacation [Sign-up/Jump-in]

Started by indigoEruption, 2017 Nov 25, 01:55:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

indigoEruption

Up in the snowy mountains was a humble lodge, open to visitors that wished to have a relaxing vacation surrounded by snow. The rustic lodge had plenty of room inside for at least 4 families, if it came down to it. The main room was welcoming, encouraging groups to relax and mingle by the fireplace's warmth. Cushions were plentiful, and the fridge was stocked. There was even a tree at attention, ready to be decorated by guests.

After going in through the front, the first thing to greet the guests would be the round living space, a dip in the middle with a table.
The fireplace faces the entrance as well, coaxing those in from the cold to come and warm up by it. From the entrance point of view,
to the right, leads into the kitchen, no doors to stop anyone. To the left of the welcoming lobby, was restrooms and a place to wash up.
 There was a bedroom down here, most likely for those who were either ill, injured by slipping, or possibly just too weak to climb the stairs.
Speaking of stairs, they were to the left, going around the fireplace's tower to the upper floors.
The upper floors catered more to resting, as there were six rooms present, each with two beds. Each of the rooms offered a window with a lovely view of the snowy landscape, the horizon covered in frosted pine trees.
At the end of the bedroom lined hallway were the bathrooms, two of them. Hopefully, a line wouldn't form!

Thank you for showing interest in this thread! Before you jump in, please fill out this form! This is mostly so other RPers have a bit of reference for your character! Thank you for understanding!

NAME:
SPECIES:
BACKSTORY (Completely Optional!):
APPEARANCE (a picture will do, but if you have no picture available, please at least describe eye color, body color, mane color(if available), and other basic physical traits.):

NAME: "Ink Comet" (Or at least that is what name he goes as.)
SPECIES: Considered to be an Earth Pony with an 'artificial horn'. (Cannot perform common Unicorn magic, however!)
PERSONALITY: A bit naive at first glance, and tends to stay close to the sides of his friends. He can be quite friendly whenever paranoia and stress isn't hanging over his head, but lately he's had trouble escaping those feelings. He's aware he can be a bit snippy, and is trying to at least act friendly to those he don't know. He also tends to worry about things long since they've past, leading to him questioning others for confirmation and wanting assurance at times. He tries to avoid fights, and tries to keep his more aggressive friends away from fights as well.
BACKSTORY: He has recently returned to Equestria, looking a touch different than the last time he was here. He claims he was on a trip to a 'far away land', and has returned to the peaceful lands as a vacation of some sort. He is often seen now by a stoic Griffon's side, as if the other was his bodyguard. His reason for coming to the lodge seems to be for relaxation. If not for him, then for his friend. Either way, he doesn't seem interested in anything exciting, such as skiing. He might be up for making a snowpony, or some hot cocoa, though!
APPEARANCE: A bit on the small side, with a short, feminine type of snout. He can easily be mistaken for a mare at a distance, due to his type of build. His most notable features are his long, almost rabbit-like ears, tipped in a dark bluish color. Almost like an inky color.
Pictures for Ink Comet (current and past) can be found in his charahub, as well as frequently asked questions.

A portal opened in front of the lodge, snow clearing away from it as the creator of the hole emerged. A periwinkle pony, sporting an indigo cape, and his long ears. After stepping out of the area of the portal, he waited near it. Waiting for his friend to follow him through the portal. He wasn't sure who else was around at this winter retreat, but all he could do was hope they were friendly. The stallion simply waited, long eyelashes catching snowflakes that were just barely coming down from the cloudy sky. Ah, what lovely weather. Chills you right to the bone and makes you ready for something hot to drink, no?

Gamepaw

Spoiler: Characters • show

Spoiler: Gamepaw - Chubby Wolf • show
Name: Gamepaw
Species: Wolf
Colours: General base fur colour is a dark Navy (#453b66), He has multiple patches of (#8c73c9), longer, fluffy fur (#765fa7) such as around his (#5a4e86) hind legs or his neck. (#816bbb) Which are multiple shades of lighter purple (#7062a7). On the tips of his paws and his inner ears he has a pale purple (bba6ff). He also has a dark to light blue gradient tail and mane. Which goes from the darker (#42459a) to the much lighter (#7d8df1). He also has light blue eyes (#74d4ff). His pawpads happen to be a lighter blue-ish purple in colours (#9d94fb).
Personality: Gamepaw is a fairly outgoing wolf, not to shy down from anything, bullies and the like. He tends to be kind, fatherly or loving, enjoying looking after others and will even put himself in the way if he sees something he doesn't like. He also tends to very food absorbing, commonly seen eating some sort of baked good, mainly pie as his favourite.
However as a feral or a pet character, he is fairly helpless due to his chubbiness getting the better of him, he can also be scared or become afraid very easily, due to his large weight and general helplessness if he knows something will happen and he knows he can't get away or escape.
Physical Description:  A pudgy wolf by no doubt as his constant snacking catches up with him, but it doesn't cause him much of an issue outside of his feral/pet form. Comparatively being a lot skinnier than the four legged counterpart. As an anthro character he also sometimes has a long extended tail, capable of wrapping around things such as others or his neck like a scarf. As a pet, he can normally been seen with a purple collar on, however it keeps having to be replaced due to his weight and size.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Wild: 
Growing up in a pack, Game was never liked the other wolves. He tended to act more like a carer or parent to the pups than the hunter/gatherer he was supposed to be. His more stationary life style left him with a softer physique which caused discussion amongst the others. The pups didn't seem to mind though as they played with the pudgy wolf near the pack den, it was good training for taking down the larger and heavier animals.
When it was time to move, the pack leaders took the pups on their back and began running off to a new location, not telling Game where it was and easily leaving him in the dust due to the speed difference. They considered him a waste of effort and resources and decided to let him fend for his own, something he did not do very well.
Game ended up surviving mainly on the plants and any scraps he could find left behind by campers or litterers. 

Spoiler: Violet - Wolf • show

Name: Violet
Species: Wolf
Colours: Her main body is a dark shade of blue (#191550)with some highlights of a lighter pale blue(#9de4de), Her mane has two colours the main being a darkened purple(#4a267f) with a strip of lighter purple.(#59169b) Her paw pads are bone white(#ded6dc). While her paws are a darker, near black, blue.(#100d34) Her eyes are a deep violet.(#ae46de)
Personality: Violet has a very bubbly personality, driven and strong willed. In her relationship with Game it is sometimes hard to see who wears the pants in the family. Incredibly strong for her size, she is capable of overpowering Game fairly easily. 
Violet is a bit more vulnerable in some cases and Game will often stand up for her which while not fond of Violet thanks him greatly for. Much like Game she is also very caring but often allows for a bit of teasing here and there, more often than not at Game's expense. 
She continues to strive for her goals no matter what, her key goal being to make a job out of her art and drawings. 
Physical Description: Violet also has a very athletic form, more toned and defined than Game but with some more womanly assets attached that she had inherited from her family. However, Violet is also fairly short and when Sky grew up, even shorter than her. This lack of stature hasn't impeded her in anyway and has offered her a different view of life.
Short Backstories: (Specific backstories for certain universes e.g Pokemon, Fallout)
Feral/Wild: 
Originally part of a pack, with her family and other of her kind, she had an adventurous nature and caring nature, which caused issues with the others in the pack, believing her to not be 'wolf' enough. Having been banished and abandoned by her friends and family she ran and never looked back. Eventually she found Game, the much larger and overweight wolf, she found a friend in him and eventually a lover, despite their difference in size, weight and attitudes.

A pair of wolves slowly forced their way through the thick snow, one making small paw prints and the other creating a groove which one would have thought it was a sled that made it. The couple moved side by side, leaning against each other for support and warmth.

The winter was a struggle for the pair, one eating more than enough to feed the other for a few days in only one caused issues in the barren forest. They were hoping to find some sort of stash or leftovers from a pony picnic which they could fill themselves with before venturing on to find shelter.

"You know, I think I hate snow." Game mused, forcing his way through another pile of snow.

"At least, you aren't freezing your tail off." Violet chattered back, the thinner wolfess being more vulnerable to the elements than her pudgier counterpart, now noticing he was sniffing the air. "What?"

"Pony food." Game whispered as he slowed down and went to follow the smell, dragging the wolfcicle that was his mate along with him. The pair came to a stop at the edge of the tree line and peered across at the snow covered lodge, wondering if it was worth the risk.

Game's stomach growled on cue, apparently deciding their next steps for them.

indigoEruption

((Excuse the intense pause! (or pawse, for you, Game. Hehe!) I was originally going to wait for more people, but I have decided to continue either way!))

Ink stiffened, raising those long ears of his as he looked around. He couldn't go far from the opened portal, worried the connection would be lost and he would be without his friend. And Ink without his travel companion well.. That would not bode well for many people.
Delicate balance and all that.
Ink danced about in the snow, in place, eyes darting about. Did he hear voices? Were they friends? Would he need to retreat? Too many questions!

Gamepaw

The wolf duo watched the strange pony as they moved around through the snow and appeared to be looking around, could he hear them?

"Get down." Violet whispered harshly, pushing herself into the snow as to not be spotted.

"I am." Game whispered meekly, pushing himself as far down in the snow as he could, though not without his well fed stomach fighting against him causing him to still a head or so higher than Violet.

Looking over at her partner he could see that he was in fact down as far as he could go, sighing quietly she glued her eyes to the strange pony already planning to move back into the forest. 

It was necessary for her to plan far enough ahead to accommodate her less exercised partner.

(So, can Ink understand the two woofs? Normal ponies can't)

indigoEruption

((He cannot understand animals. Sorry I wasn't sure on how they were speaking! :x))
Ink took a stance in the snow that clearly said he was ready to bolt. If he could. The long-earred pony's false horn sparked and glittered as magic was continuously focused through it.
He wasn't sure how to deal with wolves. I mean, yes, he knows how to fight, but... Does he have too?
Ink's heart continued to beat hard out of fear, adrenaline flowing through him.

ColourKitty

Spoiler: Character • show
NAME:Colère
SPECIES:Defective Changeling/Griffin
PERSONALITY:Colère is mostly emotionless, his face showing it. He does not understand advances towards him, or jokes. He can get very angry sometimes, and will often go for a time out to calm down. Around many people he deems "Impure", he can get fidgety and a tad anxious. Beneath the hard exterior he puts up, he is very protective of those he has grown attached to. He is very bad at taking care of his well being, especially when it comes to battle. He is a very introverted person, and hard to get him to trust another. Though with time and patience, he will come out.
BACKSTORY: He seemingly came out of nowhere, always seen with his little Pony friend, Ink.
APPEARANCE: Griffin:
Changling:
(Better Info in the link in my sig)

A rather fluffy and monochrome griffin walked out of the portal, his feathers fluffing up at the cold. He put a wing over Ink to protect his friend from the cold. He looked around, quite confused on where they were. It was all... White! So it must be safe, right? Colere, the griffin, looked down at Ink.

"I am here."
Corruption depends on the person.

Character Ref's: Colere

Gamepaw

"We should go." Violet stated, following the pony's movements with her eyes and with being the more tactful of the two understanding what it could mean for the pair.

Violet gracefully lifted herself off the snow covered ground, with Game following less so in response, preparing to follow her through the snow into some better cover.  

indigoEruption

Ink jumped a bit whenever the wing was placed around him, soon realizing who it was and dropping the portal. Colere was here now. He rubbed his cheek against the griffon, letting out a soft cooing sound. Hello friend, glad you could make it.
"You are here now. Here being a lodge I've heard about. I have of course covered the costs of us staying here ahead of time. I am hoping with this nice scenery, we will be able to relax." Ink informed Colere.
"I... Thought I heard something nearby, but I don't hear it anymore. Or really see anything, either." Ink admitted, letting Colere know why he was looking so spooked earlier.

Gamepaw

Game and Violet peered through the dead plants, watching the pony and now Griffon seemingly forget about them.

"Think we're safe?" Game questioned, watching as the pony nuzzled the griffon.

"Maybe." Violet replied, still on the alert.

"Good." Game smiled, standing up before resting against one of the many leave-less trees. Crack. Was all that was heard as he did so, the wolf's heavy weight against the dead thinned tree being too much for it to bear. The tree splintered as it fell, falling on top of the wolf and pushing him down into the snow. It wasn't enough to hurt the wolf just enough to trap him.

"Game!" Violet exclaimed, quickly attempting to push her chubby compatriot out from under the tree trunk.

(Going with, the tree was heavy but weak enough and weathered damaged enough to be broken fairly easily.)

(We also need some more pones, who don't mind being mentioned randomly. @Peace Keeper and @SandFire maybe?)

Gamepaw

( @mirustal @ColourKitty Who wants to save the woofer, Violet is strong but not that strong.)

ColourKitty

Colere's head snapped towards the sound of the crack.

"We are not alone,"

he mumbled to Ink. Pulling the pony to his side with his wing, he made his way over to the sound, curious to see who was with him.

"Let's go check it out."

indigoEruption

Quote from: ColourKitty on 2017 Nov 28, 22:57:54Colere's head snapped towards the sound of the crack.

"We are not alone,"

he mumbled to Ink. Pulling the pony to his side with his wing, he made his way over to the sound, curious to see who was with him.

"Let's go check it out."
Ink jumped a bit, going right along with that wing to stay pressed up against his friend's side. His eyes were wide open, ears standing up tall out of fear.
He nervously walks along with Colere, ears swiveling about as he listened for threats.
Once he saw the wolves, he stilled, staring hard at the situation before him. Seeing if they were in danger. Ah... Wolves are much bigger now, aren't they? ...Perspective, right. He slowly approached the two wolves, going over to the trapped wolf. ...Lordy he is large. He shifts and digs his front hooves down into the snow, planting his back hooves back on the brittle tree trunk hard. He's doing his best to push the trunk off of the trapped wolf, now just trying to help.
After all, who would want to stay trapped?!
He's hoping Colere would help him in freeing the chubby wolf. And not let him get chomped if that other wolf was feeling aggressive.

Gamepaw

"Come on, Game!" Violet struggled, pushing against her mate's bulk and losing her grip in the wet snow. Her ears perked as she heard the pair they were watching approach.

She got low as they approached and growled, moving defensively around Game as they approached and while he attempted to free himself. He wasn't making which progress as the large eared pony attempted to move the trunk off of the chubbier of the two. 

Maintaining her defensiveness she allowed the pony to help, keep close eyes on the pair in-case they tried anything. Game was a lot less defensive when it came to ponies, they tended to treat him as a friendly dog, no doubt due to his physical softness .

ColourKitty

Colere looked at the two wolves, watching for a second as Ink struggled to help. He spread his wings out and slowly lifted himself off the ground, and into the sky. Grabbing the fallen tree, he lifts it up and tosses it to the side. My is this griffin strong.

Gamepaw

Game, having been freed by the griffon, slowly backed up to his mate and they stood side by side. Game was more relaxed than his female counterpart, no doubt due to his docile nature and previous experiences with ponies.

The pair waited for the griffon and pony to do something or say something, so they would know their intentions.

Peace Keeper

*- I was pinged! :o  This RP feels very familiar hehe. I may join this soon. Right now kinda busy to read through the RP. Very soon I will have time to read through it so I can prepare to join in. X3
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Nightshade Star

2017 Dec 01, 15:04:17 #16 Last Edit: 2017 Dec 01, 16:58:43 by Nightshade Star
(FINALLY A CHANCE TO JOIN!)
(I didn't do the backstory and just I added some stuff)
Name: Nightlight Shine
Race: Unicorn
Talent: Advanced magic, and for some reason she teleports in a different way than normal unicorns.
Personality: Seriously energetic. She is clever, but she would rather discuss plans than take action in them because she's clumsy. She usually uses magic in combat if she needs to. Her mind can be occupated with a lot of thoughts and she usually can only focus on one thing. She can be extremely talkative at times and very quiet at times, but usually she's balanced in between.
Appearance:

(If I doesn't work then here link:
https://imgur.com/a/5zbs0 )
Basically that but with black curly hair, also her cutie mark is a white four-pointed star with a blue ribbon tied on top.

Occupation: Nothing in the present, former student of Celestia.
Misc: (Just any extra info) She used to be a human, and came here five years ago. She has also made friends with Nightshade (a changeling that doesn't drain love) and is very trusted by her. She also has a crush on Miru, who is known as Ink Comet yet she can never call him Ink unless speaking out loud. She also has a tiny developing crush on Onyx.

Nightshade Star

I finally was able to see the house at the top of the peak, making me satisfied from the hike. But then I look down and see others, maybe some familiar. But then I didn't want to cause trouble, so I got a little closer, trying to hear their conversation but without them seeing me.

indigoEruption

((Sorry for being inactive! The game got me!))

Ink stepped back from the wolves, honestly feeling a bit shaken at the fact a wolf growled at him. The long eared pony glanced over at the griffin, then back at the lodge. Maybe... Maybe they should slowly and carefully retreat to the lodge? He doesn't really want to become a chewtoy.
He has yet to notice the stealthy mare, either, as his attention is primarily on the wolves still.

ColourKitty

Colere landed next to Ink and put a wing around him, as usual, and glared at the wolves.

"We are done here. Let us leave,"

he mumbled to his pony friend.

Go Up