The amount of adware within the download!

Started by The kitty of cats pony, 2015 Jan 24, 05:31:10

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The kitty of cats pony

Or at least according to my anti-virus... Well with the extra files for the game the anti-virus detects this as adware and blocks the download... Considering I am really willing to give the game a try this has become quite a big problem for me and I am hoping for suggestions!

I am thankful for the help!  ^-^

Gamepad

This post probably should belong in game issues and bugs, due to the LoE site itself not hosting or distributing the client/launcher downloads.

Certain sites. *cough* Mediafire *cough* Have adverts posted all over their page, some of which appear as download buttons, so it is possible that you downloaded some "download manager" or clicked on one of the adverts.

I would suggest using something like Adblocker when going on sites like Mediafire or  Mega due them both having stupid adverts and I guess Trojan buttons. The program iLivid is a primary example of this, appearing on many sites with a download button looking advert.

So, yeah could use Adblocker to get rid of adverts from the sites. There is also only one file/folder you need to download, such as the Launcher or the zip folder.
If you don`t trust those sites, I would suggest looking at the Google Drive downloads, as they aren`t normally full of adverts.

dr.induction

yeaaa... took me a little bit to clean up my computer after downloading from Mediafire, trying the 32 bit download now. Windows launcher didnt want to seem to work, I prolly did something wrong though.

Go Up