Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

When people group stuff together into things they hate because they don't like the general idea of the group, rather than the actual value of what they're grouping.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

PrincessButton

When I'm walking innocently out the door and the door handle can't bare to see me leave so it desperately grabs onto my pants' belt loop and scream "DON'T LEAVE MEEE"
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

The Wandering Magus

when my cousin thinks it's a good idea to scrawl ALL over the walls
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

lurk852

The fact that Terraria doesn't have any sort of manual. It seems like a great game so far, but it would be nice if I didn't have to check Google each time I wanted to figure out how something basic works  >:/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

whenever skype chats just die randomly
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

ChilledEagle

When I join a server on Call of Duty and then I see the scores...and realize that they keep putting me into a server where MY team is losing drastically and there is no way to turn the match around.
Also, the fact that I keep playing CoD despite my deep hatred for the game.

Book Smarts

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 19, 18:33:51
The fact that Terraria doesn't have any sort of manual. It seems like a great game so far, but it would be nice if I didn't have to check Google each time I wanted to figure out how something basic works  >:/

You build a hut and then you dig, that's the game  ovO

The Wandering Magus

Sea Foam

Enjoy it while you can because eventually you'll come to a point where there's virtually nothing left to do, or no point in continuing unless you have a decent server with a few good friends. Even then, it runs dry fast when you get to the end.
  I guess it's one of those game that you could always start over with a new character or world like Minecraft, but Terraria doesn't seem to have the same re-playablity as Minecraft; even though I feel Terraria is much better because of its content, overall graphical charm, and it's reminiscent of SNES games.

I don't know why I went on that long about it. I watched about an hour of Tales of Mere Existence, and felt the need to monologue about the first thing I saw, so I guess that's why.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Lyana

I really hate stereotypes and when people get mad at the little things in live. Like thinking they have to get revenge all the time. Also drunk idiots who think they're so cool. And double standards.
I'm sure I have more but that's a start for now.

Thanks for the drawings Sugarcup!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lyana on 2012 Jul 19, 19:37:30
I really hate stereotypes and when people get mad at the little things in live. Like thinking they have to get revenge all the time. Also drunk idiots who think they're so cool. And double standards.
I'm sure I have more but that's a start for now.

Some of those people who want revenge a lot might have lived quite a few years being repeatedly betrayed by people. So they got sick of it and decided maybe if they get revenge whenever someone betrays them, people will think twice before betraying them because there will be a negative consequence if they do.

tl;dr Some of those people are probably darn sick of getting hurt by people and doing nothing about it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 19, 19:12:24

Enjoy it while you can because eventually you'll come to a point where there's virtually nothing left to do, or no point in continuing unless you have a decent server with a few good friends. Even then, it runs dry fast when you get to the end.

How many (single-player) games does that not apply to?  :P

Lord of Madness

I'm annoyed that so many single player games could make EPIC multiplayer games

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 19, 19:49:39
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 19, 19:12:24

How many (single-player) games does that not apply to?  :P

All I meant was, for a survival/sandboxish game, it doesn't have much to keep you playing after you do mostly everything. Especially when you consider that the game doesn't even have an end.

I guess these days, gratuitous endgame content is kind of obligatory, at least from how I see things.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Zygrograxgra

When a game that shouldn't have an endgame does.
When I want to play a sandbox, I don't go to modern games, I go to the older ones. They don't have an endgame.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 19, 20:10:21
When I want to play a sandbox, I don't go to modern games, I go to the older ones. They don't have an endgame.

Like how Minecraft has The End where you fight the Ender Dragon. Sure, it's hard as heck unless you're multiplayer and remember to bring a pumpkin, but... really. And the end sequence thing after you jump in the portal to go back is soooo looooong.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 19, 20:21:51

Like how Minecraft has The End where you fight the Ender Dragon. Sure, it's hard as heck unless you're multiplayer and remember to bring a pumpkin, but... really. And the end sequence thing after you jump in the portal to go back is soooo looooong.
The game doesn't end.Also you can't say you weren't enlightened by the speach.I took my first step to expert  gaming from then.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 19, 20:25:05

The game doesn't end.Also you can't say you weren't enlightened by the speach.I took my first step to expert  gaming from then.

It's kind of a little "endgame". After all, it's called The End. And yeah, the speech was pretty interesting and enlightening, though it was long, and not everyone likes it. Some people think it's cheesy. I liked the fact that some of the text was messed up because I'm supposedly not enlightened enough to understand what they just said.

Only Tobuscus can make that sequence funny, though. lol (As far as I know, at least) Heheh.

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 19, 20:34:58

It's kind of a little "endgame". After all, it's called The End. And yeah, the speech was pretty interesting and enlightening, though it was long, and not everyone likes it. Some people think it's cheesy. I liked the fact that some of the text was messed up because I'm supposedly not enlightened enough to understand what they just said.

Only Tobuscus can make that sequence funny, though. lol (As far as I know, at least) Heheh.

A long speech at the end of a game? Now I'm curious.  o_O

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 19, 20:57:14
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 19, 20:34:58

A long speech at the end of a game? Now I'm curious.  o_O

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Now, back on topic...

Go Up