Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

Oh, here's a biggie.
When you get better gear when you "level up" in multiplayer.
I don't mean side-grades, I mean upgrades.
It's horribly punishing to those who start playing at any time after about three days from launch, and thus they won't play.
Even then, I think you should get the different stuff by showing that you'll do well with it. If you use a rifle for sneaky kills, you should get a silencer attachment and/or a more sneaky rifle.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 17:31:11

Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Nintendo mascots sell; let's forget about the creativity we used to have and give them what they'll buy.

I disagree - they could trot out all the mascots all the time with recycled mechanics for easy sales, but they've generally been pretty good about keeping the newer installments fresh. Consider Canvas Curse or Skyward Sword. That's not to say that there aren't some "recycled" games in those franchises, but it's a bit ridiculous to claim that they're all like that.

QuoteI miss games that are different and show you something you rarely see. I want more games like Earthworm Jim and LSD: Dream Emulator where the creativity actually shows me something I've never imagined before.

Yeah, it's rare to see truly unique games these days. I don't need all my games to be like that, but it's always nice to see bizarre mind-bending things like... I dunno, Braid.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Book Smarts

Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Nintendo mascots sell; let's forget about the creativity we used to have and give them what they'll buy.

I would have to agree,

has everypony seen New Super Mario Land 2? It's basically the first game, except now with more coins

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 17:39:50

I disagree - they could trot out all the mascots all the time with recycled mechanics for easy sales, but they've generally been pretty good about keeping the newer installments fresh. Consider Canvas Curse or Skyward Sword. That's not to say that there aren't some "recycled" games in those franchises, but it's a bit ridiculous to claim that they're all like that.

Okay, I could have worded that a bit differently.
I agree that Nintendo generally does well in keeping the newer installments fresh. Skyward Sword was, in my opinion, very creative and different from any other Zelda title. They tend to do this with most of their mascot games, keeping them fresh. Though Mario Galaxy 1 and Mario Galaxy 2 are essentially the same game, I found both to be enjoyable.
   But what I meant was: I think they rely too heavily on these franchises and remain somewhat hesitant to try and create new franchises.
I have faith in Nintendo as they're regaining much of the 3rd party support that they once had with the WiiU.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 17:59:06

But what I meant was: I think they rely too heavily on these franchises and remain somewhat hesitant to try and create new franchises.
I have faith in Nintendo as they're regaining much of the 3rd party support that they once had with the WiiU.

Agreed, mostly; they've come out with some interesting games over the last several years (like The World Ends with You) but haven't gone for the sequel route with most of them. I'm not sure if this is a good thing (avoid playing them out) or a bad thing.

I really hope you're right about the 3rd party support.  :/

Sea Foam

From what I understand, the WiiU is a very easy platform to develop games on, making it much easier for third party developers to try something different with it's unique controller.
  I just hope that doesn't mean the WiiU will become over saturated with FPS games....  :I

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

ChilledEagle

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 17, 18:12:17
From what I understand, the WiiU is a very easy platform to develop games on, making it much easier for third party developers to try something different with it's unique controller.
  I just hope that doesn't mean the WiiU will become over saturated with FPS games....  :I

It most likely will considering I believe Black Ops II was announced for it.

Chishio Kunrin

When something's on fire, usually you will react "Water! Pour water on it!"

Types of fire that won't go out with water annoy me. >:( WAT... DO?!!! I know you don't use water on electrical fires. You definitely don't use water on alkali metals.
This lady on a Food Network competition just put water in a pan to try to put out the fire, and it made the fire bigger. What the hay?? And it cut to commercial with her screaming and freaking out, holding the flaming pan.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Star Striker

I always get annoyed by youtube commenters on animal videos.

it's like everyone thinks everything is abuse.
My response "Aww look at that cute puppy whose to scared to go down the stairs but wants to be his his owner aawwwwww"
Youtube person  "OMGGG ABUSIVE BEAST. Y U NO GENTLY PICK UP PUPPY INSTEAD OF MAKING IT SUFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Ggghhghghghgh. Drives me crazy. because everyone loves cute animals videos. And a lot of those people seem to think everything is abuse. The best example is a video of a guy catching an electric eel. And I guess he was going to cook it. But then, SUDDENLY ALIGATOR bites his electric eel and subsequently gets electrocuted and dies. Fisherman backs the heck off.

Youtube commenter "OMGGG WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP THOSE DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALSSSSS YOU MONSTER UUUUGGGGH."

Because one would eat him, and the other would electrocute him :I
Apoligies for the rambling anger XD But it really does irritate me, those people.

Zaner-Boy

When I'm playing a game, and there's always the one guy who, whenever he dies, says the person that killed him is a noob for using a certain weapon or skill, or if both of those aren't 'noob weapons', he accuses the person of hacking. I've actually been called a hacker before because of this.

Sponk

When I play Alien Swarm and someone draws something dirty on the map. DD:
Blah blah blah.

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: Sponk on 2012 Jul 17, 19:31:25

Welcome to Alien Swarm.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Star Striker on 2012 Jul 17, 19:28:04
I always get annoyed by youtube commenters on animal videos.

it's like everyone thinks everything is abuse.
My response "Aww look at that cute puppy whose to scared to go down the stairs but wants to be his his owner aawwwwww"
Youtube person  "OMGGG ABUSIVE BEAST. Y U NO GENTLY PICK UP PUPPY INSTEAD OF MAKING IT SUFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Spoiler: show
Ggghhghghghgh. Drives me crazy. because everyone loves cute animals videos. And a lot of those people seem to think everything is abuse. The best example is a video of a guy catching an electric eel. And I guess he was going to cook it. But then, SUDDENLY ALIGATOR bites his electric eel and subsequently gets electrocuted and dies. Fisherman backs the heck off.

Youtube commenter "OMGGG WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP THOSE DANGEROUS WILD ANIMALSSSSS YOU MONSTER UUUUGGGGH."

Because one would eat him, and the other would electrocute him :I
Apoligies for the rambling anger XD But it really does irritate me, those people.

The puppy kinda needs to learn how to go down stairs itself anyway. :l If your dog depends on you to carry it down every time it wants to go downstairs, that's a problem.

"OMG DEY PAINT DER DOGS" Competitions that have people dye their dogs' fur has them use nontoxic, often vegetable-based, dyes.
"PLASTIC SURGERY 4 UR DOG? UR HORRIBLE" Said plastic surgery is for health, not cosmetics. They've figured out how to open up a dog's sinuses better, and they've been using it on brachysephalic (squished-face) dogs to help them breathe better. Those dogs have seeeriouuuus breathing issues.

The only animal video I've seen that has made me freak out like that is the cat washing machine one. I felt horrible watching that poor cat leaping around, trapped in a box that was spraying water at it, and then the window of the box steamed up, which made me feel worse. I wanted to punch whoever did that to their cat. People are like "It wasn't hurting the cat." Sure, but it was terrifying the cat.

Quote from: Zaner-Boy on 2012 Jul 17, 19:30:10
When I'm playing a game, and there's always the one guy who, whenever he dies, says the person that killed him is a noob for using a certain weapon or skill, or if both of those aren't 'noob weapons', he accuses the person of hacking. I've actually been called a hacker before because of this.

I was playing an MMO, and someone who was being a jerk was gloating that she was such a pro and complaining that some guys ganged up on her while she was in PvP mode. She saw someone fly by on a flying mount, and she said that she reported them for hacking. :l I thought "What the hay is wrong with you?!!"

lurk852

When I can't find a bathroom stall that isn't covered in stuff like that. Fortunately this was mostly only my old college; my new one has stuff like "The Grout Depression" and "Grout Expectations" written in tiny letters on the grout on the walls.  :3

Zaner-Boy

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 17, 19:59:32

When I can't find a bathroom stall that isn't covered in stuff like that. Fortunately this was mostly only my old college; my new one has stuff like "The Grout Depression" and "Grout Expectations" written in tiny letters on the grout on the walls.  :3

Stalls that have bad puns engraved in them? YES!

Chishio Kunrin

Ah, yes. Most of the time, that stuff is annoying. Though, in high school, someone wrote a Harry Potter reference in a stall, with an arrow pointing at the toilet.

Lord of Madness

At my school if you wrote ANYTHING on a stall it was considered on the same lvl as a bomb threat

Star Striker

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 19:42:54

The puppy kinda needs to learn how to go down stairs itself anyway. :l If your dog depends on you to carry it down every time it wants to go downstairs, that's a problem.

"OMG DEY PAINT DER DOGS" Competitions that have people dye their dogs' fur has them use nontoxic, often vegetable-based, dyes.
"PLASTIC SURGERY 4 UR DOG? UR HORRIBLE" Said plastic surgery is for health, not cosmetics. They've figured out how to open up a dog's sinuses better, and they've been using it on brachysephalic (squished-face) dogs to help them breathe better. Those dogs have seeeriouuuus breathing issues.

The only animal video I've seen that has made me freak out like that is the cat washing machine one. I felt horrible watching that poor cat leaping around, trapped in a box that was spraying water at it, and then the window of the box steamed up, which made me feel worse. I wanted to punch whoever did that to their cat. People are like "It wasn't hurting the cat." Sure, but it was terrifying the cat.

I completely agree here. Putting a cat in a washing machine for any reason IMO is unnecessary, and becomes abuse when you lock the thing inside because it becomes a stressful situation for the animal, and it cannot escape.
And medical cosmetic anything is fine with me, as long as it betters the subjects health. Pugs always end up with respiratory problems so those surgeries are sort of necessary for the little doggies. o^o

On the topic of toilets. I hate it when women pee all over the seat thinking that if they sit on the seat they'll contract all the diseases in the world. ;;
Especially since I work at a gas station, and our bathroom is cleaned whenever there is a mess, and then cleaned every night so it'll be good for the next day. But still people get it everywhere ;A; Whhhhyyyyy its literally no different than having 15 of your friends at your house and them all using your toilet for a day.

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 20:06:29

Ah, yes. Most of the time, that stuff is annoying. Though, in high school, someone wrote a Harry Potter reference in a stall, with an arrow pointing at the toilet.

Nice. I think my favorite stall graffiti has to be something I saw in high school, in an area where rival gang members kept writing their slogans and crossing out the other gang's. After this had gone on for quite awhile, a much larger sentence appeared below them: "Y'ALL ARE SMALL TIME."

On-topic: people who are bad at drawing blood. (Alternate complaint: "incompetent practitioners of phlebotomy")

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Star Striker on 2012 Jul 17, 20:10:04
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 17, 19:42:54

I completely agree here. Putting a cat in a washing machine for any reason IMO is unnecessary, and becomes abuse when you lock the thing inside because it becomes a stressful situation for the animal, and it cannot escape.
And medical cosmetic anything is fine with me, as long as it betters the subjects health. Pugs always end up with respiratory problems so those surgeries are sort of necessary for the little doggies. o^o

On the topic of toilets. I hate it when women pee all over the seat thinking that if they sit on the seat they'll contract all the diseases in the world. ;;
Especially since I work at a gas station, and our bathroom is cleaned whenever there is a mess, and then cleaned every night so it'll be good for the next day. But still people get it everywhere ;A; Whhhhyyyyy its literally no different than having 15 of your friends at your house and them all using your toilet for a day.

This reminded me of something very annoying to me, because of my parents... stand... on certon things (( I'd break the rules if I explained why my parents dident do this )) anyway because of my parents my Boxer (best dog ever) Hank died of cancer, He had an 80% chance of survival but they dident let him have the surgery. (( if you would actually like more details you can private message me. )

Go Up