Undertale

Started by CrabApple, 2015 Oct 27, 21:16:16

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CrabApple

2015 Oct 27, 21:16:16 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 27, 22:38:09 by CrabApple
Man I really want to rant about how much I'm loving this game but there aren't many places to do so. So here we go! Undertale discussion thread. Got any fan theories? Fan art? Here's a place you can discuss your experiences and anything else relating to the game.
So far me and Ryo have beaten one of the many neutral routs as well as the pacifist route. We have yet to finish the bad time route. Major spoiler ahead don't look at this  X3
Spoiler: bad time route • show
we are stuck at the last boss and DEAR GOD is he insane. Like... you can't stop half way through dialog and start wailing on me!  DD: that's no fair... ono he's unfair
(We are playing it together since only one computer)

Also please use spoilers!!! Preferably title them with the route they are in. [.spoiler="route"][/spoiler] like so. If you want to play the game trust me you don't want anything getting spoiled  ;)

Now of course because I'm me, here's some fanart!
Spoiler: neutral & pacifist route • show
Gyftrot! He was creepy looking.

Spoiler: pacifist route • show
pic dosnt really do him justice. He was a kick butt character in his evil adult form

That's all I've got so far, but I'm looking excited to see what you all think of the game! Have fun  :D
[move=9][/move]

Ryo_D_Disk

Spoiler: Undertail bad end • show
you know after defeating everyone but the last boss I realized something.... this run was not fun certainly not after hearing everyone's story, seeing the good end and finding the truth. It's a cop out on my part but the final boss is where my run ends, I'm restarting and not completing that run, not over difficulty because it is hard as nails and worth trying the fight, but because Undertail should be remembered for its story and journey and not be spoiled by a forced competition run.

but that's just my opinion, I did enjoy the game its really entertaining, genuinely a piece of good storytelling and worth trying before watching a lets play of it.

CrabApple

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2015 Oct 27, 22:33:48
Spoiler: Undertail bad end • show
you know after defeating everyone but the last boss I realized something.... this run was not fun certainly not after hearing everyone's story, seeing the good end and finding the truth. It's a cop out on my part but the final boss is where my run ends, I'm restarting and not completing that run, not over difficulty because it is hard as nails and worth trying the fight, but because Undertail should be remembered for its story and journey and not be spoiled by a forced competition run.

but that's just my opinion, I did enjoy the game its really entertaining, genuinely a piece of good storytelling and worth trying before watching a lets play of it.

See this game can even bring the tough scarry mod down!  O: Or maybe he's just a big softie :] But yeah we couldn't do it
[move=9][/move]

FakeSmile

Spoiler: Spoils, Kind of. • show
At least you two were soulless brave enough to do it! I did the Pacifist Route first and now I can't bring' myself to do the Genocide Route. Also I am pretty bad at fightin', it took me forever to beat Mettaton. So Sans fight would be the end of me. Augh, I should have done the Genocide route first! I like them all too much to hurt them now! Lol, I can't even bring myself to restart it and play again. I'm too weak for for the Genocide Life...
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

CrabApple

2015 Oct 29, 16:09:40 #4 Last Edit: 2015 Oct 29, 16:13:10 by CrabApple
Spoiler: show
yeah to be honest the bad time route isn't really worth it. I never finished it myself. I reccomend watching a playthrough of it on youtube or something. Because after you do that run and hurt all of those characters they will remember it from then on. Even past a true reset it aparently changes your game slightly

Spoiler: more fanart btw • show
[move=9][/move]

FakeSmile

Yeah, cause if you sell your soul then it makes a permanent file on your game. I think it also keeps track of your kills... But yeah, I paid ten bucks for fun and friendship, not pain and tears. I did watch a walkthrough of the "Bad Time" route. I think the only thing I like about that run is the end with Chara. To be honest, I loved the Neutral Route's final boss fight! Flowey looked soooo cool! Too bad it took me forever to defeat him. . .
Oh wow! You did an amazin' job drawin' Asriel! Poor Asriel. . . He just wants us to keep playin'. ;--;
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

CrabApple

Hehehe yes. Fun and friendship.... not pain and tears...
Well I suppose I knew what I was getting into since tumblr spoils everything. Fortunately it didn't spoiler too much. Just saw lots of fanart. Mostly of Sans and Toriel.
[move=9][/move]

FakeSmile

Hmmm, I think the only thing tumblr spoiled for me was Papyrus' date. I got it the day after it came out and only because I wanted to know why everyone loved Papyrus and Sans. LoL, those two are easily my favourite characters. Mostly Sans cause he sold me a hot dog. And the skeleton puns, those were pretty great.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Puynsi

Itty Bit

2015 Nov 27, 23:05:27 #9 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 27, 23:08:16 by Itty Bit
Woah momma, I finally finished it, and it was great! This game had all the appeal that Earthbound had, and I love it for that!
Flowey is such a fantastic boss fight! I love that the boss fight gets as meta as it does! He truly is a creepy final boss, and while I did appreciate the pacifist ending more as the better ending, I still have to get credit for such an awesome Neutral ending boss.

Aeterna Sol

You know... I know too much about the game for someone who's never played, huh?
So I'm wondering... Does anyone know any jobs or something I can do for my age, so I can get some money for Undertale?
I want to play it so bad... I'm sure my brother would be happy once I finally get to play it.

Purple

Quote from: FakeSmile on 2015 Oct 28, 07:17:54
Spoiler: Spoils, Kind of. • show
At least you two were soulless brave enough to do it! I did the Pacifist Route first and now I can't bring' myself to do the Genocide Route. Also I am pretty bad at fightin', it took me forever to beat Mettaton. So Sans fight would be the end of me. Augh, I should have done the Genocide route first! I like them all too much to hurt them now! Lol, I can't even bring myself to restart it and play again. I'm too weak for for the Genocide Life...

same xD i didn't even finish beating the pacifist route (i ended up watching a full playthrough of pacifist before playing since i was a bit cautious of the game at first (i didn't know anything about it.)), and just watching someone else play pacifist made it impossible for me to try Genocide xD heck, i don't think i could even watch someone play Genocide :P

Go Up