AbsoluteZero's OCs

Started by AbsoluteZero, 2012 Oct 10, 19:23:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

AbsoluteZero

((One of my few Pony OCs... I'll create more and post them later. Once I draw Frost out, I'll get rid of the Pony Creator image for her...))

((Let me know if I need to fix anything.  ^-^))

Name: Niflheim is her Birth-name, but only her family calls her that. She is mainly known as Frost or Absolute Zero, due to Ice abilities.

Appearance:
Spoiler: show

Cutie Mark and Ability: Her Cutie Mark, a single snowflake, represents her ability of cryokinesis, or the ability to control the element of Ice. However, she is still learning how to improve her ability, so she is only able to cast rather low-level magic at the moment. For example, She helps "refrigerate" food items as well as freeze (and melt) things.

Personality: Absolute Zero, Niflheim, or Frost (whatever you want to call her), is a very passive and peaceful pony.
She is usually seen in front of Carousel Boutique and The Library,as she is actually a very big literature fan (like Twilight Sparkle) as well as a slight fashion fan (like Rarity). She can be seen either reading and eating at the park, doing odd jobs various ponies, taking leisurely scrolls throughout Ponyville or even playing with someone of the younger ponies.

She enjoys being around other people, so naturally she is rather popular. She is very magnanimous and imaginative, as she enjoys assisting other ponies in difficult situations. She is also extremely charitable.
She cares deeply for her family and friends and is not afraid to stick up for them, no matter the odds.

Backstory: Being born and raised in a house away from society, Frost has never been a real social pony. As time went on, Frost became increasingly solitary, as any contact she made with the other ponies resulted in her being teased due to her being an outsider. At the age of 13, Frost completely removed herself from society, living as a hermit much to her parent's dismay. She was always envious of her sister, Corona, as she had become increasingly popular due to her social and tomboyish attitude.

As Frost resided in solitude, she became curious with the subject of magic, as she and her family had all been Unicorns with the exception of her Father, who was a Pegasus. After a month of studying, Frost had gained her cutie mark on one faithful day where she noticed a young colt had accidentally bounced his favorite ball into the middle of a large pond. Using the ability she had learned from her parents, Frost had frozen the water beneath her hooves as she walked, creating a small, icy walkway for her. As she retrieved the ball, she soon realized that she had been a fool for excluding herself from society, as the emotions she felt when the young colt said "Thank you" clung to her heart.

From that point on, Frost vowed that instead of moping around the house and being anti social, she should go out into the wide world and help out. When she became Age 15, she bid her parents farewell and then set off into the world. After a year had past, Frost found herself within Ponyville. Her parents had moved away from the forest and into Canterlot, where they currently run a textile shop, unbeknownst to Frost.

After paying for a house near the town, Frost now currently resides in Ponyville, where she can be seen doing various odd jobs and activities with various ponies. However, sometimes at the dead of night or the break of dusk, one can see Frost humming a sad, yet beautiful tune as gazes up at the sky and reminisces about her past and family.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!!"
                                           ~ Hakumen, BlazBlue

Rad Thunder

She's cute. ^-^
Too bad she's underage...

AbsoluteZero

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Oct 10, 20:58:43
She's cute. ^-^
Too bad she's underage...

LOL. That made me laugh a lot more than it probably should have...  X3

Anyways, thank you for the compliment. c: I tried my best to give her a lovely attitude. c:
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!!"
                                           ~ Hakumen, BlazBlue

Gracie Sky

Her personality and back story are really neat. I'm assuming she only USED to be anti-social as a filly and eventually grew to be magnanimous after discovering her talent. That's quite a 180 to take.

Now, that aside, there are two things about her that I don't particularly agree with:

-Her name. Nopony names their child after the underworld.
-Her ice abilities. This subject will need some explanation. Why does she specialize in only Ice? Why did she wait 13 years to start becoming interested in magic? Thankfully, it's not as bad as it could be, since she uses it to refrigerate things and make ice paths with. Whatever you do, please try to avoid giving it "combat" applications.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up