How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Svenp09

I saw rainbow dashs face ( :3 ) and i was in love with the ponies my favourite pony but is now Rarity and Princess Luna

Dark Hooves

i just gave the show a try ad i liked it ^-^
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Siphion

I was just curious and had nothing better to do so I watched one episode and it instantly cured my depression
I guess time will heal me more as it did before back in the days from the beginning of my time when I searched the thing I cannot find and that is nothing more than serenity.

Virtual

2013 Mar 21, 08:17:10 #163 Last Edit: 2013 Mar 29, 22:51:45 by Virtual
Well, the entire internet was talking about MLP so one day I noticed My Little Pony was on TV and I decided to watch it
One thing lead to the other

Chack

Early 2011, I saw some clips of DJ PON-3, and thought they were cool. Didn't have the slightest clue what I was looking at. A few months later, I totally forgot about the DJ.

Late 2011, I was browsing Deviant Art. Please note that it was very late and I was really, really tired. I saw a poll from a respected artist asking who was best pony. Still didn't know what was going on. Luckily, there was a link to none other than the MLP Wiki page character list. Guess what? I still had no idea what I was looking at, even with MY LITTLE PONY plastered all over the page. Fluttershy, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, and Dr. Whooves were the only names that really stuck out to me. I scrolled to the comments, and there was some arguments going on. I ignored most of it. One of the comments compared the show to PowerPuff Girls (and I really like that show), so I decided to go to Youtube and watch the episodes. After 5 seconds into the video, I finally realized what I was doing, but I tried to remain open-minded about it. Then I got hooked. I watched all of season 1, then moved on to season 2. Only season 2 had just the 1st episode out at the time, so I waited excitedly for each new one.

Even so, it took me a couple of months to even notice the word "brony" was hanging around.

By the way, I hope I'm not the only one that reads everyone else's responses.  ^-^
Wait for it...

Charizard_2

2013 Apr 05, 18:28:09 #165 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 05, 18:30:21 by Charizard_2
I used to think the show was made for exclusively young girls, but when I saw Fluttershy beat the heck out of that bear...

I learned the true meaning of bronyhood.
With pie comes great responsibility.

My Pony Name: Charred Flame (Char for short)

Thundasius

2013 Apr 06, 05:11:13 #166 Last Edit: 2013 Apr 20, 08:32:43 by Thundasius
I first came in contact by watching the fanmade Phoenix Wright MLP FIM crossover. Link of first part here below.

I found the hairjokes pretty hilarious in the fanfiction by the way and the fact that Phoenix entered a fantasy world. lol
At firts I did not know what MLP was. But I just watched it anyway because of that phoenix wright (because I liked the video games) was in it. A half year after that I started to watch MLP to be curious about it and since I am a Anime/cartoon fan and found about the brony fanbase then I became a brony too. The story is really great to teach moral for children but I like it too. And i never saw such beautiful animation before.

Edit; Did I say something wrong? Nobody posts anymore in this post.

Cotton Ball

It was a normal day browsung on demand then i came across the hub and found mlp a old favorite watchd the first episode I was hooked
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Ice Burst

my friend was like "dude theres a really good show i want you to see MLP:FiM" i was like "WHAAA" he said "my little pony friendship is magic" i was like "oh...WHAAA!?!?!" so i wen't to go see it on youtube strangely enough i saw one of the older episodes of old generations specifically "sweetiebelle's gumball house surprise" me being open minded as hell at that time watched the real pilot the i watched episode 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 all that way up to a canterlot wedding i went back to my friend
friend: "soooo how was it like?"
me: "PPPPOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS :3"
I just made a post.

Aria BIaze

One day i was SOOOOOO bored. So I looked for stuff to watch on Kids on Demand. (Because i like to watch cartoons) and then i found My Little Pony. "Whats this? G3?" I thought. I watched it. I loved it. That episode I watched was Sonic Rainboom. I looked on youtube for more episodes and i got to watch them all before they got removed!  :D

Tekner

Despite being on the internet and computer nearly all my days in school, I never came across any, and I mean absolutely, 100% no pony stuff on the web. I have no idea how, but I missed it all. I finally started figuring out which social group to hang out with my senior year of high school (a tiny bit over a year ago) and occasionally at lunch, they'd mention ponies. Now, I'm used to being more of an outcast and doing societally awkard things, so I never really hassled them about it more than asking them why. They said it was a good show and that the reactions I had to their (before I knew what to call it) brony-ness were typical and if I gave it a chance, I would like it too. I gave it no second thought and watched several episodes that night.

The next day I told them that I didn't like it because the first few episodes didn't really do anything for me. The truth was that I was in denial that I liked the show. I knew I was in denial too and the only struggle was how to let them know that I actually liked the show. So I told them, "Fine. I'll watch more episodes." I don't think I slept quite well the rest of that week; too many pony-filled, restless nights.

Eventually, I realized that I had no reason to try to be "tough" with my friends, since they already went through what I did, more or less, and I just gave in. The best part is that Pinkie Pie emodies one of those three guys perfectly, while Rarity emodies another, Rainbow Dash the third, and Applejack me. I'd always been the in the position of being the "words of wisdom" amidst our always zany conversations.

Eventually, I stopped eating my lunch alone and looked forward to eating it with some of the most understanding and tolerant people I'd ever met at that point. It's funny to think of it being only a year ago, but I can honestly say that I'm a completely different person because of them. In the least cliché way possible, I've learned so much about friendship from them and the fandom. It's been an amazing year.

super_chris85

When my bro first showed me the show I liked and admitted it but I denied it before I watched the show is that weird

KireiameJin

My story is pretty simple, but also has a couple of coincidences. I had a friend which was a declared "Brony", at first, i use that as an excuse to laugh at him, and make some funny jokes about his tastes (which is a bad thing kids, so do not do it EVER). He kinda introduced me into the world of the poni memes, but i actually never shown much interest on it, i just though that the faces of the ponies and the texts where funny, nothing more, i also saw 2 chapters of the series with my little brother, and it was really funny, but the spanish voices for the cast is soooooo bad that it didn't catch my attention, at least i got some interest in "Pinkie pie" and her randomness XD, and also got interest in the developing and animation team, because it was impressively well animated for a "Girly" show.

So, i had the idea that the series was actually funny, and the ponies were cute and neat, but it was a couple of months later, thanks to "Living Tombstone" when i get in contact with the fan work community of MLP. I was just checking his Youtube channel after watching a chapter of "ASDF movie" for he 5th time, in search for the song of the video, when i saw the "Poni Rock anthem" video, then, one song lead to another one, and that song lead to "Saberspark"'s "Top ten broni songs of July" and the work got done, i just got pretty amazed on how hard this community worked into fanart and media developing like that awesome songs, and there i just began to get more interested on the world of the fan community of MLP, and for now, i'm pretty happy to have saw that "ASDF movie" again, checked the "Living Tombstone" channel and find the courage to click in the Top ten broni songs of "Saberspark" that day, now i feel a bit bad for being so mean with my old Broni friend  X3

Well, and that's my story, is not very cool, and i just wrote a lot, but i have nothing else to do now, and i had the opportunity to write the whole thing sooooo.... have a nice day bros!  :D (and Sis!)
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Cotton Ball

Here is my friends story.  I was talking at lunch and brought up ponies. Eventually I sang the theme song and told her to watch it and then well. Instant brony :D
[move][/move]

super_chris85

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 Jun 01, 17:12:42
Here is my friends story.  I was talking at lunch and brought up ponies. Eventually I sang the theme song and told her to watch it and then well. Instant brony :D

wouldn't she be a pegasister

I felt so weird when i figured out my sister was a pegasister for a few months before me

Cotton Ball

-does facehoof- I always mess it up. Oh well back to my stuff
[move][/move]

LadyInWhite

I adored G1. Despite all it's faults it was nice seeing magical candy colored talking horses go on fun adventures. Wind Whistler was my favorite Pony because she was really intelligent compared to the other ponies.

Somebody in early 2011 told me there had been a reboot of MLP on the Hub (what the hell is that?) that I might like so I found the first episodes on youtube and at first I was just appalled at what had become of my ditzy chubby ponies (the heads! OMG THE HEADS!!! Anime eyes, small muzzles, large ears, thin bodies and legs, ugh) but the story just engaged me so I continued to watch it and have been a fan ever since. Lauren Fausts Pony styles have slowly grown on me but I still cringe occasionally.

Now I'm a brony (or pegasister, I don't really use the label, I'm just a fan).
LoE Characters:
Wind Whistler (f/pegasus/medic)
Moonlight Stardancer (f/unicorn/magic)

Dark Hooves

if you haven't guessed already bronies are the guys and pegasisters are the girls
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Azure

Saw some guys on a forum talking about it in like March 2011.
Thought "Eh, why not?".
Watched a couple of episodes and I thought it was pretty cool.
3DS Friend Code: 1091-8504-5380
BE THERE AND BE SQUARE
Spoiler: show

this'll have ponies one day
Skype in the off chance that you'd like to talk to me: AzureLancet

Wintera

I was bored and decided to watch mlp fim on the hub for no reason and it was pretty cool so I continued watching it and was like nooooo its on season break (season 2). Eventually I watched all the episodes and finally got a computer so I went on youtube and watched some mlp songs (very well written fanmade songs) which lead me to discovering the word brony. I was like ohh okay so i guess i'm a brony. Twas awesome!!

Everytime I think about the great work everypony does in this fandom it makes me feel even happier being a brony.

Luna is absolutey my favorite pony.

Go Up