General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ryo_D_Disk

Somewhat related to this thread, I decided to double check the relase dates (turns out I have to wait an aditonal week here in the UK go figure and I saw a review on IGN

I really have to question there decision on how they mark the game down as it droped in the ratings for the reasons of "To Much Water"
Spoiler: show

Rikaria

This is why I don't really like IGN's reviews. I'd rather read the ones on Nintendo Life (they gave a 9/10, by the way).
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

GoldenTerrabyte

"Too many HMs"
Read: "Too many cool moves your pokémon can learn to do cool stuff out of battle"
I'm back

Rikaria

It's probably because they expected the rest of the HMs (the ones that aren't Fly) to have a Soar equivalent.

Stardust Dragon

What bugs me about this whole HM debacle is that OR/AS are, explicitly, remakes of an older game.  Sure they update and include some new features that have changed the overall experience of the series, the Pokemon Aime, for instance, but if they had changed the whole latter segment of the game to feature less water, then it would be detracting from the original work instead of adding it. Playing through HG/SS I was never reminded of something that they took out of the original Gold/Silver (except the slot corner, but that was a regional change); while it did get on my nerves from time to time, lacking the ocean routes (on an ISLAND region, by the way) would kill my nostalgia for the original Ruby/Sapphire.

Plus a suggestion for you, IGN: HM Slave.  Even when I respect my Pokemon, I still employ at least one...or is using your PC box too complicated?

LostSanity

So... I'm going to go ahead and start praying that the Exp. Share is the same as it was in X/Y now...

Because if it's not... or back to the old Exp. Share... this game will be harder than Persona 3 FES "The Answer." Just saying.

Grinding is a pain. IMO I guess.

*sighs*

Please?

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2014 Nov 20, 17:10:39
Plus a suggestion for you, IGN: HM Slave.

Speaking of which, Linoone is actually a pretty great Pokémon, HM slave or not. It gets STAB (same type attack boost) from Cut and Strength, too. And although the Pickup Ability is level-based compared to the original Ruby/Sapphire (not Emerald, as that was when the change to that Ability was first introduced), it can help out with getting free items along your journey. If EXP Share ends up being the same as X/Y, you don't even need to have it actively battle, netting you even better items later on.

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Nov 20, 17:52:23
So... I'm going to go ahead and start praying that the Exp. Share is the same as it was in X/Y now...

Because if it's not... or back to the old Exp. Share... this game will be harder than Persona 3 FES "The Answer." Just saying.

Grinding is a pain. IMO I guess.

*sighs*

Please?

:'(

Knowing Game Freak, they'd probably keep that consistent with this Gen.

LostSanity

I am officially a proud owner of Omega Ruby.  :D

If you want my Friend Code, ask me for it via PM and I'll gladly give it to you if you give me yours.  X3

Keep something in mind, however. I probably won't be playing it anytime soon. In fact, I probably won't be playing it for a whole month. Why? Because I need a walkthrough for it. That's why.

So there you go.

Also there's this:

[/youtube]

:3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Itty Bit

So I've had this game for almost a full day now... and I just barely got started. Thanks Smash Bros...
But I'm enjoying what I got so far. I started out with a Torchic! It's gonna be fun finally getting to play the one generation I missed out on at last~

Rikaria

So... it seems like Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken can still solo the whole game so far just like in Gen 3... X3

Naura

GAAAAAAH, WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK?! >:O
But it sounds like everyone is enjoying it, I've already made a team and can't wait to get it and play with the rest of you!
Spoiler:  My team • show

Swampert; Rufus
Gardevoir; Gallilea
Breloom; Lynn
Aggron; Rocky
Camerupt; Naegi
Altaria; Aria
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Itty Bit

I've already found some Pokemon that I love to death that I've never really gotten a chance to see before! Such as Slackoth, I really love them XD

KirbyFluttershy

Well I'm going with my original playthrough, but only with the pokemon i prepared so far also my challenge from X/Y is gonna be on which is no O-Powers, and no exp. share.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

GoldenTerrabyte

Is there an EXP Share like in XY? I really hope so!
I'm back

Rikaria

2014 Nov 23, 00:43:25 #154 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 23, 22:56:07 by Rikaria
There is, and it works the exact same way as well.

EDIT: Updated the first post along with my Super-Secret Base. If what Serebii.net said is true, my team should be one that'll immensely help low-leveled Pokémon, but anyone can feel free to go against me regardless and even take my Flag.

EDIT 2: Beat the main story but gonna save Episode Delta for tomorrow.
Wally's battle theme is, in Rainbow Dash's words, SO AWESOME :3

McSleuthburger

I just started with Treecko, so far so good
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Rikaria

I updated my base. Have fun leveling up!

Naura

2014 Nov 25, 01:58:20 #157 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 26, 02:37:00 by Naura
Friday can't come fast enough! >A<
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Rikaria

2014 Nov 25, 10:03:00 #158 Last Edit: 2014 Nov 25, 13:14:09 by Rikaria
Umm... Ryo posted that already...

Anyway, to everyone who has it now: you'll need to update your games in order to play online. I'll post the QR code for it on the first post, but you can still find it yourself in the eShop by searching for "update".

EDIT: Cheap PP-restoring trick for those who can't be bothered going to Pokémon Centers while training/EV training (especially Horde Battles), though this only works if it's the same Move as a TM (HMs are excluded for obvious reasons):

1. Use up a Move till it runs out of PP.
2. Swap that Move with any TM that Pokémon can learn.
3. Make that Pokémon relearn the original Move via TM.
4. Check back to see that the Move has all PP restored.

Please keep in mind that you'll lose any PP Ups/Maxes used for the Moves you do this on, so only do this if it's one that hasn't been raised yet. Also, this works regardless of PP differences. For example, say one Move has 15 PP and you swap it out with a 10 PP one then swap it back to the 15. No matter how many times you do this, the PP will be fully restored.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Nov 25, 10:03:00
Umm... Ryo posted that already...

Anyway, to everyone who has it now: you'll need to update your games in order to play online. I'll post the QR code for it on the first post, but you can still find it yourself in the eShop by searching for "update".

EDIT: Cheap PP-restoring trick for those who can't be bothered going to Pokémon Centers while training/EV training (especially Horde Battles), though this only works if it's the same Move as a TM (HMs are excluded for obvious reasons):

1. Use up a Move till it runs out of PP.
2. Swap that Move with any TM that Pokémon can learn.
3. Make that Pokémon relearn the original Move via TM.
4. Check back to see that the Move has all PP restored.

Please keep in mind that you'll lose any PP Ups/Maxes used for the Moves you do this on, so only do this if it's one that hasn't been raised yet. Also, this works regardless of PP differences. For example, say one Move has 15 PP and you swap it out with a 10 PP one then swap it back to the 15. No matter how many times you do this, the PP will be fully restored.

That's only useful for nuzlocke challenges if you're planning to do that kind of challenge.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Go Up