No-Shave November

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2012 Oct 16, 23:10:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Wikipedia Article

Any other Adult/Teen men planning to participate in No-Shave November this year? For those who don't know, it's an unofficial awareness event aimed at men's health issues, where men are encouraged to grow a beard (or just a moustache for those who's employer don't let them have full beards) in order to raise awareness.

Since I've always kept a perfectly clean-shaven babyface my whole life, I'll definitely stand out to my family and co-workers.

I plan on growing a full beard for the first time, I just hope it doesn't look weird with my dark-blue highlighted hair.  :I Might crack and go with just the moustache if it does.

Lary

Good. This will give me an excuse to not shave for a month.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Book Smarts

I'll probably give it a try because I had to shave half way through the month last year  :3

Rissian

My cousin's challenged me to do this last year or so. Not sure I can manage it though my face gets itchy and annoying when I don't shave. Not to mention I'd be afraid to see what I look like without shaving for a month.  ovO

Lord of Madness

I would do this... but I have to shave for work D:

Stitchin Time

PrincessButton

Quote from: Stitchin Time on 2012 Oct 17, 01:10:31
I'm a girl... :I
You can participate too! Just don't shave your beard.  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

LaptopCommandStation

I don't usually like mustaches, but I always grow one in for november, for that article's reason.

Yes, the point of "Movember" is to grow in a Mustache, not a beard.  It's actually against the rules to grow a beard/goatee  ovO
If you care about rules

Lord of Madness

Lary

Ironically the average woman will end up having to shave everywhere but their face.

Enjoy the hair on your limbs throughout the month.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Oct 17, 12:00:15

Ironically the average woman will end up having to shave everywhere but their face.

Enjoy the hair on your limbs throughout the month.

*Hides in corner*

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 17, 10:41:50
I don't usually like mustaches, but I always grow one in for november, for that article's reason.

Yes, the point of "Movember" is to grow in a Mustache, not a beard.  It's actually against the rules to grow a beard/goatee  ovO
If you care about rules

Movember and No-Shave November are technically two separate camps of the same concept. I linked the Movember article because it's the closest thing Wikipedia had. I prefer going all out.

SweBow

Little Judas

It's like we can't even keep one thread serious thanks to SweBow's posting.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 17, 13:51:06

I will now do the same thing. Seriousness will soon cease to exist. :DD

Little Judas

2012 Oct 17, 17:08:07 #15 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 17, 17:34:08 by Little Judas
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Oct 17, 16:33:04
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Oct 17, 13:51:06

I will now do the same thing. Seriousness will soon cease to exist. :DD

Must keep thread from flooding with nonsense.
Spoiler: AT ALL COSTS!!! • show

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

McSleuthburger

im a veteran of this month long event, ill be ready to shave on halloween and grow it out for the month
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Little Judas

Pity IRL-pictures aren't allowed, it would have been fun to see.

McSleuthburger

just think of a stereotypical lumberjack with a grizzly adams style beard and that is what I kinda look like after a month, though it is nothing compared to the real Grizzly adams
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Rissian

2012 Oct 17, 17:55:35 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 17, 17:59:23 by Trege
I'm going to see what I look like if I don't shave for a month so I'll probably do this after all.  ovO
(Unless the itchiness gets the better of me.)

Go Up