Mystery of the Empty Land (OOC Sign-Up)

Started by Nightshade Star, 2015 Jun 06, 09:04:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nightshade Star

2015 Jun 06, 09:04:34 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 17, 17:12:49 by Nightshade Star
I decided to make a roleplay called Mystery of The Empty Land.

Ponies shall meet, in the downfall of North Tailorina*...
  They shall travel all of Equestria, solving all the easy problems available...
    Secrets will await, here and there...
      But...
      There is a land where nopony lives...
       A valley with millions of houses and beautiful plants and crops...
                   These ponies will find out why this land is empty but full!

To sign up, you need to fill out this whole application:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

We can discuss things here, too.

But anyways, I'll show you mine:
Spoiler: show
 Name: Airy Leaf
Race (No Alicorns, please): Pegasus
Appearance: Green coat, Blue and Pink Curly Pigtail Mane, Pink Eyes, Winged Leaf Cutie Mark
Personality: Courageous, Kind, a bit Jumpy, But that doesn't stop her
Backstory: Airy Leaf was born on May. She was very Curious and discovered anything like a detective. She is a Great at Mimicing, and she can make predictions before they happen.

Members:
Naura
mirustral
annosrules
Julien999
Gracie Sky
FakeSmile
PlatinumJoystick

Click here for the RP: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=14819.0#new

*I mixed North Carolina with a twist. Car in North Carolina sounds like tail, right? I made a Mash-up with that.

Naura

Welp, time to test out my new OC
Name: Humming Honey
Race (No Alicorns, please): Pegasus
Appearance:

I don't have a full pic of her yet, since I planned her personality before her design, so here are the sketches and notes to them:
1 Her mane (that hair under her head isn't beard, its the mane that falls behind her head)
2 Her tail when brushed, but since she loves work, she doesn't put as much effort taking care of it as she takes care of her mane.
3 Her tail when she isn't in public(just working in her office), or when she haven't slept well, so her tail looks messy three times out of seven.
4 Her cutie mark, the logo of her company.
5 Her eyelash style.
6 When I made her colors in Pony creator so I didn't have to sit and change them a lot later.

Personality: Is a workaholic, acts friendly around every pony, but secretly doesn't call them real friends until she knows a lot about them. She was born with wing problems, so she can't fly like a regular pony, she have to flap with them extremely quickly just to levitate, which gave her the name Humming Honey (as a Humming Bird).
Backstory:
Really active as a baby, flying was no real problem since her wings didn't seem bad at first. Heck, she was so great her parents expected her to become a wonder bolt when she grew up, but as she got older, her wings didn't really want to change with her age. After being grounded, being left down on earth instead of going to a school in Cloudsdale, she went to another school in Manehatten, got interested in electronics, started programming. She got an idea for a game, and quickly got it made. her classmates liked it, and she quickly created other programs. She quit school extra early after she and a friend decided to start a business, and as she tried to think of a logo, a mark appeared on her butt, and she decided to use that one. She now works with programming, otherwise she likes to go see the wonder bolts preform when they are in Manehatten.
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Nightshade Star

indigoEruption

2015 Jun 06, 13:55:52 #3 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 06, 14:13:10 by mirustal
 Name: (Miru Loulis is his human name AND SHOULD NOT BE KNOWN AT ANY COST) 'Ink Comet' is what he calls himself, after his cutiemark.
Race (No Alicorns, please): Earth Pony
Appearance:

Example of saddlebags, as well as how he looks without his jacket. He is shown to bounce to go long distances, it seems.

Personality: He can come off as paranoid and sour, usually not introducing himself to ponies around him. He likes to keep many details about himself fairly vague, even if he can be chatterbox once you somewhat befriend him. He can come off as extremely affectionate and clingy once fully befriended, determined to prove his use to friends and possibly having some...'Separation issues' once separated from a friend who has proven themselves. He seems to be a more defensive than normal around females most of the time.

Backstory: (The majority of his backstory cannot be disclosed due to forum rules (maybe) and the fact it takes place in another world overall) Miru came to Equestria a few months ago, and hasn't signed up as a citizen anywhere, leaving him a vague mystery to the officials in an attempt to cover his real name up (which nobody could guess since its practically gibberish here, it seems). He only came out of hiding three days ago, and hasn't tried to socialize with anyone since he came out. Before this, he wandered around at the witching hour, where nobody could see him. Taking note of the ponies around him and how they're named, he decided to name himself 'Ink Comet' after the fact he had that as his cutiemark. The Ink part actually came around since he was good at writing drabbles 'of worlds that could never exist' in such detail. He assumed he'd come off as a fiction author. This was alright for the long-eared male. His 'magical abilities' are not shown actively anymore, but has, what he describes as, a small map in his head of the area he's in. It seems that this small mind-map of his cannot show him the places of living beings.

annosrules

Name: Blazing Legend
Race (No Alicorns, please): Earth Pony
Appearance:
Spoiler: Picture • show

Personality: Blaze is a carefree wanderer who lives life the way he see's fit. Even though he may seem foolish in his carefree way of life, Blaze is far from unprepared, and is quite wise for his age. Blaze tends to avoid relationships, believing them to be restrictive and burdensome, but he is friendly to anyone he meets, often offering help to complete strangers. This friendliness should not be mistaken for openness, for Blaze is very conservative with how much of himself he allows others to see, and will often leave a community as a complete stranger, even if he had been their for weeks. This conservative manner by which he reveals himself makes it seem like he's always hiding something when he is giving help or advice.

Backstory: After gaining the ability to sense the landscape in 3-dimensions with extreme precision, Blaze dedicated his life to cartography. Leaving home and going to Canterlot University for a major in cartography. After getting his diploma, Blaze did some contracted work before opening his own studio in Canterlot. Blaze now uses his contracts to fund his expeditions as he explores Equestria and beyond.

Nightshade Star

Julien999

2015 Jun 13, 10:27:15 #6 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 13, 14:14:41 by Julien999
Looks like it's not really moving... I will sign-up because I really like exploring thing!

Name: "Joy"
Race (No Alicorns, please): ??? (Bat pony only the night and no Alicorn because you said "no Alicorns")
Appearance: white coat, black mane, there's a "?" sign on the flank of that pony... (not a real cutie mark)
Personality: That pony is friendly... and other thing... (I can't tell you all these thing! DX)
Backstory: He dissapeared, there 1000 years ago, trying to save a Crystal Pony who fell from a cliff during his fight with King Sombra... No one know what happened to this pony or this Crystal pony... but all we know... he will come back... His part of his mind will reincarnate into the mind of 9 ponies who's the key... (unfinished backstory, sorry! :P)
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1
1: appearing as a male (begin as a Earth pony)
2: appearing as a female (begin as a Unicorn)

Nightshade Star

Gracie Sky

I'll see what I can do to help out with this RP for now, since it seemed really interesting at the beginning. I also wanted to use one of my more confrontational OCs to push others past their comfort zones.

Her name is Lucidity and she is one of the top ranking students at Princess Luna's School for Gifted Unicorns. Her cutie mark is a white star and her special talent is having lucid dreams. She also seems to be angry...

That's all you really need to know about her before meeting her in an RP.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Nightshade Star

Oh. But anyways, Application Accepted!

FakeSmile

2015 Jun 14, 10:14:18 #10 Last Edit: 2015 Jun 14, 13:20:48 by FakeSmile
OhGosh, this RP is perfect for
two of my OCs... But which one
to choose... Ehhh, Eleanor it is.
Spoiler: Application • show
Name: Eleanor Smiles
Species: Unicorn
Personality: Good Natured, Considerate, Determined, Optimistic
Height: 3'7
Spoiler: Background • show
Eleanor was born and raised in Manehatten with her parents. Her father was a big business owner and her mother was a lawyer. Living in a big mansion with many servants and maids, she was seen as a "spoiled daddy's girl" by many fillies and colts. But to some of the higher class families she was seen as a jewel. She was constantly around big business owners and high class ponies; her father thought having his daughter around would boost sales.  At first she thought this was exciting and loved all the attention, but after a while she became bored of the life style. Not wanting to go to her father's work she would spend most of her time in their massive garden. The maids would allow her to water the flowers and pick the weeds. Noticing her interest in flowers, her home school teacher would bring her books about flowers and the language of flowers, explaining how a certain flower can express ones feeling when given to another. After months of taking care of the garden she got her cutie mark while watering a Lily of the Valley. At first, her father was disappointed but her mother stated that Eleanor could go into the flower business if she wanted too. Determined that she would, he brought her to his next business trip to Trottingham. During the trip he explained how the business world works, introducing her to many of his friends, showing her flower shops and explaining what makes a business a success. After the trip Eleanor decided that she would open a flower shop when she was older.  Her father built her a flower shop in Manehatten when she was 12, he owned it but she ran the store. When she had turned 15 she decided it was time for her to become an independent mare and move out. She first settled in Baltimare where she opened a flower shop, but after a year she wanted a change of scenery. She continued this patterned of opening a shop then moving again, now she is currently the owner of a total of 7 successful flower shops.
Spoiler: Eleanor's Magic • show
•Eleanor is what is known as a Lavinia, which means she can only use spells that were written in Lavinia's Book. Her first ancestors were powerful unicorns during their time. They recorded all their spells in a book, hoping they would be used to help ponies. But when one of them was caught using black magic, the others trap her within the pages of the book. Naming the book after her, Lavinia's Book. Angered by the others, Lavinia cast a curse on them. This cursed bond the others to the book, only able to use spells that are written within the pages. This curse was passed down to generation to generation, over time each pony that was born as a Lavinia would spend their time adding spells to the blank pages left for them. Eleanor's family realized she was a Lavinia when she wasn't able to cast a common levitation spell.
Spoiler: Appearance • show

Spoiler: Cutie Mark • show
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Nightshade Star

Don't worry. You can choose more than 1.

Application accepted!

PlatinumJoystick

Mind if I signed up?

Spoiler: Character Sheet • show
Name: Joystick

Species: Unicorn

Spoiler: Backstory. It's a long thing • show
A stallion hailing from Fillydelphia, Joystick spent most of his childhood spending time with his friends, Story Arc and Flame Dancer. They stole things when they needed it, and sometimes when they didn't. Okay, mostly when they didn't. He also enjoyed playing and tinkering with arcade games, typically only in his downtime. He became so good at messing with the insides of these machines that it began to transfer over to other objects. Such as locks.

He spent many days and even more coins at his local arcade, attempting to keep his high scores on the arcade machines. He even tried to visit this arcade once again into his adulthood, finding it closed down.

Joystick began to take pride in the robberies he and his friends pulled. They moved on to bigger and riskier targets. They went from fruit baskets and street merchants to vineyards and guarded stores. Somehow, these amateur theives managed to get every one of these heists to go off without a hitch.

They did, however, get a little too cocky. They eventually targeted a huge superstore. Three stories, hundreds of thousands of bits worth of product. Unfortunately, they did not take into account the fact that the store had highly trained guards and the small fact that the whole store was a front for the mafia. Laundering money, extortion, hideaways, the whole thing.

Of course, they were caught. This did not put the three amigos in a good standing with the mob, and they more or less were forced into work by the organization. After committing many backbreaking tasks, they still had a debt to pay, or so they were told.

They were dropped out onto the streets with their possessions seized, left with their homes and the clothes on their backs.

This incident inspired him to get out of the underground and he was even mildly successful at being a law-abiding citizen. He was hired on for a job to fix those cabinets he so adored as a child, although this job did not last long due to a heavy work load and an overbearing boss.

PERSONALITY: Occasionally takes things which may or may not belong to him, typically care free. Becomes apprehensive when surrounded by authorities. Enjoys swimming and popcorn.

Appearance: See Profile Picture

Talent/Cutie Mark: Playing, repairing, and 'adjusting' arcade cabinets and other mechanical objects.
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

Nightshade Star

Gracie Sky

How many characters are you planning to accept before we get this show on the road, if you don't mind me asking? Remember that too many characters could possibly bloat the story and hamper the significance of the individual.

Nightshade Star

PlatinumJoystick

So that would mean signups are done, right?
Hail to the Knights Of The Dawn.

Gracie Sky

Erm... Then it's up to you to make sure the RP gets moving, because everypony is waiting for somepony else to interact with them. I attempted to establish my character's presence, but have yet to be interacted with yet and I haven't seen an appropriate oppertunity to interact with another character. I think you need to... rattle the cage a bit, if you will.

FakeSmile

Gracie Sky, is your pony already there?
If so, Eleanor is there too. I mean, everyone
is back on the train (( and I am still
confused how that happened )) so if
you want to interact with her you can.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Go Up