General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KirbyFluttershy

Well if that's gonna help me catch kyogre, then I may be able to. Apparently thundurus that I have on my X/Y/OR should help me in terms of the speed priority
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

So which one of you is getting it? I need to know so I don't bug you both >.<
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

Hardly bugging me, no sweat on it.

I think it depends on how close story-wise Kirby is; I'm going to start working towards Kyogre now, but I can't promise I'll get there soon.

Also for reference, I'll aim to get a Modest Kyogre with the right HP type.

KirbyFluttershy

Well Judging from my last progress on the japanese AS, i'm only up to the point where I got the PlayNav and helped wally with his first pokemon so petalburg city is where I stopped at for trade matters so i'm pretty much far off from that point. If you remembered, that was when the HA unova starters distribution started for the japanese version if i recalled correctly.

Rikaria

Late with the news today since I had to go out earlier, but nonetheless here's everything that's been announced today:

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Mobile Port

-Pokémon Shuffle has had a mobile port announced. Coming to iOS and Android later this year, this game is a direct port of the free to play title currently available for Nintendo 3DS. We'll bring more on this title as and when it comes
-Edit @ 15:21: Japan is running a special Beta Version on Android platforms from June 30th to July 14th 2015 for the first 10,000 users with a full release of the game coming later in the year.

___

Pokémon Shuffle - Events

A brand new challenge has begun on Pokémon Shuffle. This challenge is a timed one and has the top 20,000 players in Europe, 40,000 players in North America and 100,000 players in Japan earn a Manectite for their Mega Manectric. If you are in the Top 10,000 in Europe, 20,000 in US or 50,000 in Japan, you also get a Mega Start and top 3,000 in Europe, 6,000 in the US & Top 15,000 in Japan, you also get a Mega Speedup. If you don't rank in the top amounts, you will earn a Jewel. It runs from today, June 29th 2015 to July 6th at 05:00 UTC.

Lots at stake this time around, so good luck!

Stardust Dragon

Well I think I can manage the Mega Stone requirements this time...if I could get an actual Manectric in the Safari  ono  I've gotten everything else caught, but yet to see Manectric even once.  Agh...

KirbyFluttershy

My Friend told me that manectric is pretty much hard to encounter although it's a good thing that serebii revealed the pokemon in the safari stage so I used lucario, groudon, and stunfisk to help me out.

As for pokemon rumble world, there's a way to catch boss pokemon easily. Someone told me that you can use heal pulse on the pokemon when you can't make them wobbly so to make them wobbly, you have to attack it fast while it's steaming, but not when preparing to attack or something like that.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Jun 29, 23:58:04
As for pokemon rumble world, there's a way to catch boss pokemon easily. Someone told me that you can use heal pulse on the pokemon when you can't make them wobbly so to make them wobbly, you have to attack it fast while it's steaming, but not when preparing to attack or something like that.

Knew about that already. As for the fast-attacking moves I used, it's usually either any Claw variant (Dragon, Shadow, Iron, etc.), Close Combat (use at your own risk), or Sacred Sword.

Spoiler: Anyway, here's a bit more info about the mobile version of Pokémon Shuffle • show
[quote=Serebii]The Beta for Pokémon Shuffle Mobile is now currently live in Japan, and has come with several interesting tidbits. As opposed to being a directly straight port, there are a few differences. First, the Beta only goes up to Stage 30. Next, for the Special Stages, it currently has the Mew and Rotom event stages running, as well as the Meowth one. However, the stages can be locked and you may have to spend Jewels to unlock them. In addition to that, the Mew stage costs 2 hearts to play rather than the usual 1. Finally, there's a new Present Box option which shows you the items you receive as gifts when you check in. We'll bring more as it comes, including whether these details are just for the Beta or if there will be less parity between the 3DS and Mobile versions.[/quote]
Seems a bit mean for those who never played the original...

EDIT: Weavile and (Mega) Charizard (X) are confirmed to be playable characters in Pokkén Tournament. Jirachi and Whimsicott have also been confirmed to be Support Pokémon. The game will be out in Japanese arcades on July 16, 2015.

Spoiler: EDIT 2: Shuffle (3DS) updates • show
[list][li]10 new Main Stages have been added.[/li]
[li]New Daily Pokémon have been added.[/li]
[li]You can battle against Tepig on the Special Stages screen.[/li]
[li]You can battle against Jirachi on the Special Stages screen. Similar to Pinsir, you can only battle it once a day; unlike it, Jirachi has a pretty high catch rate, but it doesn't hurt to spend Coins on a Great Ball (especially if Super Catch gets triggered).[/li][/list]

KirbyFluttershy

The New stages have gotten the best of me although I've spent too much coins and i should've spent some time farming coins.

Rikaria

I beat the stages this morning, but the catch rates are so mean on a few of the new Pokémon ._.

KirbyFluttershy

Well Not only that, but the stages get harder and harder every time the new main stages gets released and now they're taking a toll of out of the coins.

Rikaria

I made a Coins guide for Shuffle on Miiverse. You can read it here. I'll also be adding it to the first post in case you need to look at it again.

EDIT: Arceus is now available, and you don't even need to download a patch to access it.

In non-Shuffle news, Tanabata Jirachi (which isn't shiny this time) will be available for all the Japanese Gen 6 games starting from July 18, 2015 to August 16, 2016. It's Level 100 with the moves Wish, Cosmic Power, and moves it doesn't normally have: Play Rough and Heart Stamp. It holds a Destiny Knot.

KirbyFluttershy

Special Stages are getting tougher at every patch and new datas these days right now. I burned most of my coins on arceus. I should probably take the next competition stage for the jewel though.

Rikaria

I'm just Meowth farming inbetween events, spending Coins when I'm just about reaching the max. (I still need a lot of S Ranks...)

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jul 10, 13:54:24
I'm just Meowth farming inbetween events, spending Coins when I'm just about reaching the max. (I still need a lot of S Ranks...)

What exactly is the max coin limit?  I doubt I'll ever reach that high with how I play, but it's better than being surprised by it.

Also, I've made massive progress towards your Kyogre, just about to hit the Undersea Cavern.  I'll be working to get a modest with the Ground HP type, correct?

Rikaria

@Shuffle Coin limit: I wanna say it's 99,990, but I'm not sure yet. I'm getting close to reaching that, though.

@Kyogre: Only if you're sure. I don't want you wasting so many hours just to get it. Also, keep in mind you're not able to check its HP right away after catching it, even with a Master Ball.

Again, if you're not up to it, you can just catch a Brave one instead.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jul 10, 16:26:16
Again, if you're not up to it, you can just catch a Brave one instead.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.  Although for safety's sake, do you know exactly when the IVs and nature are set?  I presume when you fight it in the Cave of Origin, but I want to be sure before I lose the chance to change it.

KirbyFluttershy

Rikaria did say Brave or Modest Nature. IVs, well if you attempt to transfer kyogre to X/Y or post-game OR, then your data will be saved so think twice about the IV check.

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jul 11, 01:21:05
Although for safety's sake, do you know exactly when the IVs and nature are set?  I presume when you fight it in the Cave of Origin, but I want to be sure before I lose the chance to change it.

They're set once you start the battle, not once you're in the room (either you have to walk up to it or press A at it to start).

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Jul 11, 02:59:32
Rikaria did say Brave or Modest Nature. IVs, well if you attempt to transfer kyogre to X/Y or post-game OR, then your data will be saved so think twice about the IV check.

I was intending to use an online calculator to figure it out immediately after the battle/finding the HP type, before saving.  It's how I got my (mostly) good Latias, which was a grand old chore thanks to so much dialogue before and after encountering her, plus not being able to control her nature.  I'll wager there's quite a bit of dialogue after catching Kyogre, but at least I'll have a much better rate for finding the right nature thanks to my Modest Synchronize Kadabra. 
Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jul 11, 09:35:13
They're set once you start the battle, not once you're in the room (either you have to walk up to it or press A at it to start).

Great, that's exactly what I thought was the case.  Makes my job a little easier.

Go Up