General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Jan 10, 18:20:57 #240 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 10, 21:59:13 by Rikaria
Quote from: Naura on 2015 Jan 10, 17:57:45
I can take a male or a female, any special Pokémon you'd like in return? If you want to finish the Pokédex or so.

I already (literally) have every single Pokémon aside from the two unreleased Legendaries, so you can just trade me anything (even if it's a low-leveled Pokémon).

EDIT: Although it's for Japan only, I updated the first post by adding the serial codes of the Hidden Ability Gen 5 starters.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

It seems that my brother's japanese AS doesn't have access to PSS. After I saw his progress, he doesn't have his dex and DexNav so probably he's at oldale town right now. I can probably get the reckless emboar on his japanese AS, transfer it over to my X/Y, breed it, and hatch as i can after I ask for his permission to get to petalburg city to get access to PSS.

As for the female starters, you gotta be really lucky to get one. I got a female snivy by luck when I hatched the egg in B/W2 and transferred it over to X/Y without realizing it was a female.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Sunshine Smash

A female starter would be nice. But you're giving them to us. So I won't demand anything.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Stardust Dragon

Are you still able to trade with X and Y?  I haven't gotten very far in Alpha Sapphire just yet...I also haven't given out my 3DS friend code yet, but I can fix that as well.  I'm dying for a Contrary Snivy; I wouldn't even care about nature or IVs, since I'm kinda nuts about breeding myself.  I don't even play competitively, but...it's a Contrary Snivy!  That's awesome!  And massive props at being willing to breed multiple of them.

KirbyFluttershy

2015 Jan 11, 00:48:16 #244 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 11, 01:14:27 by KirbyFluttershy
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 11, 00:26:41
Are you still able to trade with X and Y?  I haven't gotten very far in Alpha Sapphire just yet...I also haven't given out my 3DS friend code yet, but I can fix that as well.  I'm dying for a Contrary Snivy; I wouldn't even care about nature or IVs, since I'm kinda nuts about breeding myself.  I don't even play competitively, but...it's a Contrary Snivy!  That's awesome!  And massive props at being willing to breed multiple of them.

You can trade with X/Y, but several things will be restricted. The Following items can't be transferred over are new mega evo stones (except blazikenite), and the orbs. The following moves that can't be transferred over are Dragon Ascent, Origin Pulse, and Precipice Blades also these restrictions will apply as you battle against someone with X/Y.

If you're not that far in AS just yet, you only need to get to petalburg city to get access to PSS after you help wally get his 1st pokemon.

Rikaria

2015 Jan 11, 00:57:30 #245 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 11, 20:11:42 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jan 11, 00:19:22
A female starter would be nice. But you're giving them to us. So I won't demand anything.

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 11, 00:26:41
I'm dying for a Contrary Snivy; I wouldn't even care about nature or IVs, since I'm kinda nuts about breeding myself.  I don't even play competitively, but...it's a Contrary Snivy!  That's awesome!

To both of you: PM me a time and I'll try to set something up. I have to go to bed now, though. Never mind; sent both of you a PM instead.

Julius

In other news, I had a day off today, so I just made it to the point where I got Surf! Making slow but steady progress while deciding on my team members for when I finish the game and bring my Pokemon from X into Alpha Sapphire.

So far I have decided on Linoone, Sylveon and Arcanine. ^-^
Purr~

Rikaria

Just a reminder that the shiny Beldum with Metagrossite distribution event is almost over (ends this Wednesday), so grab it if you haven't already!

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 12, 10:28:36
Just a reminder that the shiny Beldum with Metagrossite distribution event is almost over (ends this Wednesday), so grab it if you haven't already!

Wow. Can't believe it's passed by so fast..... Good thing I got mine when I got OR. I also got an ORAS poster free with the game, I really like it.

Rikaria

Lucky... I never got any sort of preorder bonus :(

Sunshine Smash

I didn't pre-order. I got it a month after it came out. They just gave it to me for no particular reason.

Rikaria

2015 Jan 12, 20:56:04 #251 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 12, 22:12:32 by Rikaria
That's... strange... o.O

EDIT: One trade done!

EDIT 2: Pokémon Global Link and Global Trade Station are undergoing maintenance until Thursday morning. (Source)

Stardust Dragon

Well I've actually made it to Slateport City in AS now. About ready to get to Mauville, grab a bike, then go alllll the way back to Dewford and catch the Aron I was looking to add to my team.  I expected to grab one just after Brawly, but someone decided to put the only place they're found on top of a mudslide hill.  Bother.

In other Pokemon news, I'm looking for someone who understands the time machine breeding method well enough to answer a question. I get that if you set it up right, you can figure out what IVs will pass down from parent to child, but at that point are the gender/shiny value locked?  Or is it possible for it to change between resets?  I'd like to breed a shiny female Riolu (yeah I know the gender ratio makes it worse, but I'm crazy for details) and considered trying the time machine method.  Is this a bad idea?

Rikaria

Not sure if I fully get what you're saying, but all I know is that once the person outside has an Egg for you/you pick up an Egg, stuff about it is locked.

KirbyFluttershy

Time Traveling doesn't work for egg hatching. It only affects the secret bases, and the berries. Shinies are randomized so don't expect to get what you want that easily.

Stardust Dragon

I guess I was asking if anyone knew how much was locked down when the next egg is calculated; everything I've read so far only talks about which IVs will be taken from which parent, and obviously nature if you're using an Everstone.  But it's not worth my time to try and figure out right now, so I think I'll go about it the old fashioned way and hope for some good RNG with the Masuda method.  I mean, how bad can the odds of a 1/512 ratio lining up with a 1/8 ratio be?

...No one answer that, please.  :c

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 14, 08:33:33
Not sure if I fully get what you're saying, but all I know is that once the person outside has an Egg for you/you pick up an Egg, stuff about it is locked.
Hey Rikaria, what's going on on the 13th of Feb that's got you hyped?

Rikaria

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jan 14, 18:21:51
Hey Rikaria, what's going on on the 13th of Feb that's got you hyped?

Something that's... a part of my forum sig and not a post lol

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 14, 18:23:15
Something that's... a part of my forum sig and not a post lol

But why Feb 13? Is something happening?

Rikaria

2015 Jan 14, 19:03:38 #259 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 15, 09:19:13 by Rikaria
I'll PM you. Saying it here would be off-topic.

EDIT: Although the shiny Beldum with Metagrossite distribution has ended, the Reckless Emboar and Shell Armor Samurott distributions (Japan only via serial code) are available!

Go Up