General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

I knew about the Sun/Moon video takedowns from like a week ago, and I heard about the banning thing from news sites this morning. As much as I'd like to go into that topic further, I'd rather not since it can lead to a sensitive topic.

With that being said, which version are you all gonna get, and who will be your starter?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Julius

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Nov 16, 15:00:15
I knew about the Sun/Moon video takedowns from like a week ago, and I heard about the banning thing from news sites this morning. As much as I'd like to go into that topic further, I'd rather not since it can lead to a sensitive topic.

With that being said, which version are you all gonna get, and who will be your starter?

Sun is going to be lit. ;)
Purr~

KirbyFluttershy

I was going for all starters if there's a point where I can trade.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

I originally wanted Moon, but then I realized I wanted some of Sun's exclusives more. Either way, I'm going with Popplio.

Stardust Dragon

I'm sorely tempted to get both, especially after learning Alolan Ninetails is Sun only, but there's no way I'm not starting at least with Moon.  Probably going to go with Rowlet for that run.  If I get Sun afterwards, it's going to be Popplio.

KirbyFluttershy

Well people got a 15-day ban for pirating the sun & moon versions, but if they did something in the past, it's permanent ban for them. A youtuber named PurpleRodri, pokefan International, and a few other youtubers have gotten a ban hammer for this. 15-day ban is nothing, but a permanent will teach those people a lesson.

Here's an article about it just in case if you guys need to know

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Nov 16, 23:10:07
I'm sorely tempted to get both, especially after learning Alolan Ninetails is Sun only, but there's no way I'm not starting at least with Moon.  Probably going to go with Rowlet for that run.  If I get Sun afterwards, it's going to be Popplio.

Uh how'd you know that alolan ninetales and vulpix are gonna be in sun only?

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 17, 13:15:23
Well people got a 15-day ban for pirating the sun & moon versions, but if they did something in the past, it's permanent ban for them.

Please no more talking about that.

QuoteUh how'd you know that alolan ninetales and vulpix are gonna be in sun only?

A list was posted online a few days ago. Serebii also now has the full Alolan 'dex.

KirbyFluttershy

Looks like I made the right choice in choosing the sun version.

Anyway just to let you guys know that Target is having that pokemon promtional event this saturday (november 19) and providing a poster and a pikachu card at 11AM-2PM PST. It's ok for you guys to go if you guys want the opportunity to streetpass people with pokemon X/Y/ORAS and Sun & moon versions, not to mention meet & greet, trades, and battle as well also toys r us is having that same promotional which is november 20 as well, but not sure on the time though. I may be thinking it's the same time.

Shadow-Flare

I wanna get moon so i can name the legendary  luna  :3

Rikaria

Speaking of Sun/Moon promos, GameStop stores across the US are doing midnight releases. I'll be going to my local one for that \o/

KirbyFluttershy

We're getting double sided poster for those that pre-ordered pokemon sun & moon at gamestop. The nearby gamestop store I go to opens around at 10-11AM PST so I only go when it opens, but if they don't have the game just yet, then I have to wait a little longer or a day. There's not gonna be many people at the time since people have school and work during that time (even though it's not the best time and day for me to streetpass people).

Rikaria

KirbyFluttershy

Rikaria

My GameStop had them, anyway. They were giving them away for free along with the poster.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Nov 19, 01:15:40
My GameStop had them, anyway. They were giving them away for free along with the poster.

Darn it! I didn't ask for those pins in the 1st place, but all of a sudden, me and my friend got the poster along with the genesect event card. No one told me about that so All I knew was the poster if you pre-ordered pokemon sun & moon.

Well anyway as for my sun & moon progress, I wasn't expecting to get a pokerus that early in the game right now.

Stardust Dragon

I hope everybody enjoys their Alolan vacations!  As for me, I'm delaying my trip to finish school work for the semester. Probably will be checking out of this thread for the next few weeks as a result; even if it's spoilered up, I'll be far too tempted to peek.

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2016 Nov 19, 01:43:01
I wasn't expecting to get a pokerus that early in the game right now.

Say WHAT?! O:

Can you "infect" some random Pokémon then trade with me later? Of course, you can pick what you want from me in return (other than Legendaries).

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Nov 19, 09:04:31
Say WHAT?! O:

Can you "infect" some random Pokémon then trade with me later? Of course, you can pick what you want from me in return (other than Legendaries).

Well I don't know how long it will last and I haven't gotten to the point where I can trade.

Rikaria

Online trading opens up by the time you have access to Festival Plaza, though I forgot when that happens...

Just box the Pokémon with Pokérus for the time being if you need to.

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2016 Nov 19, 14:43:33
Online trading opens up by the time you have access to Festival Plaza, though I forgot when that happens...

Just box the Pokémon with Pokérus for the time being if you need to.

Well you could've told us that in the 1st place. I was checking out the festival plaza, but I have to go through the tutorials for that. I'm guessing the festival plaza works as spot and streetpass as well?

I probably benched misdreavus in to the PC just to let you know. If it's only a temporary trade till you spread pokerus, I'm ok with that. (not to mention that you have to skype me again in terms of online activity) plus I still have you on my 3DS friend roster.

Go Up