Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Sep 18, 01:18:15 #14120 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 18, 01:41:40 by Chishio Kunrin
I found Ed Edd N Eddy and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on Netflix Instant Watch, and I would like to watch them, but...
It only has seasons 3 and 4 of each of them. :/ Why. WHY. Maybe I want to watch the whole series, Netflix! What is this?! Is it Cartoon Network's fault? Whose fault is it?!

*Sigh* I can't resume watching Supernatural without my friend Grace because I caught up to where she is, and she wants us to watch it together, so I'm looking for something else to watch on Netflix in the meantime.
I may also resume reading manga I haven't finished.

But yeah, Netflix's habits confuse and annoy me sometimes.
Sometimes, they put something up on Instant Watch, and then they take it down later. :s

I think some of you may notice a pattern if you pay close attention: Being confused annoys me.

Post Merge

I just looked at a bunch of other Cartoon Network cartoons that're on Netflix Instant Watch and it's the same pattern. They all start on the 2nd or 3rd season, and they only have one or two seasons, three if you're lucky. It's gotta be a Cartoon Network thing, which sucks because they even did it to Samurai Jack and Codename: Kids Next Door, which actually have overarching plots. (As far as I can remember, anyway)

*Flips Cartoon Network*

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

So called 'realistic lighting' systems that are not at all realistic. It seems a lot of developers and modders think that light is a gas emitting from the source that disappears 3 feet away from the source. That's not how it works. In the real world a single candle can light up a whole room. Sure, you won't be able to see well, it can be hard to see small objects on tables or on the floor, but you can find your way around the room. And if someone else is in the room with you, you will know it. They won't be able to just back 5 feet away and become invisible. Light keeps traveling until it hits an object. It doesn't just fade off into blackness 3 feet away from the source.

Also, believe it or not, light is capable of reflecting around corners to a degree. No, it's not realistic to see light shining in a perfectly straight line out of a doorway and then just become pure blackness a millimeter past the door frame. Try opening your blinds during the day. The sunlight will light up your whole room, not just a perfectly straight beam right in front of the window.

People need to realize that simply removing ambient light does not automatically make a lighting system 'realistic'.

Little Star

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 18, 01:53:33
So called 'realistic lighting' systems that are not at all realistic. It seems a lot of developers and modders think that light is a gas emitting from the source that disappears 3 feet away from the source. That's not how it works. In the real world a single candle can light up a whole room. Sure, you won't be able to see well, it can be hard to see small objects on tables or on the floor, but you can find your way around the room. And if someone else is in the room with you, you will know it. They won't be able to just back 5 feet away and become invisible. Light keeps traveling until it hits an object. It doesn't just fade off into blackness 3 feet away from the source.

Also, believe it or not, light is capable of reflecting around corners to a degree. No, it's not realistic to see light shining in a perfectly straight line out of a doorway and then just become pure blackness a millimeter past the door frame. Try opening your blinds during the day. The sunlight will light up your whole room, not just a perfectly straight beam right in front of the window.

People need to realize that simply removing ambient light does not automatically make a lighting system 'realistic'.

This.

Rissian

2014 Sep 18, 08:11:06 #14123 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 18, 08:14:59 by Trege
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 18, 01:18:15
Spoiler: show
I found Ed Edd N Eddy and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on Netflix Instant Watch, and I would like to watch them, but...
It only has seasons 3 and 4 of each of them. :/ Why. WHY. Maybe I want to watch the whole series, Netflix! What is this?! Is it Cartoon Network's fault? Whose fault is it?!

*Sigh* I can't resume watching Supernatural without my friend Grace because I caught up to where she is, and she wants us to watch it together, so I'm looking for something else to watch on Netflix in the meantime.
I may also resume reading manga I haven't finished.

But yeah, Netflix's habits confuse and annoy me sometimes.
Sometimes, they put something up on Instant Watch, and then they take it down later. :s

I think some of you may notice a pattern if you pay close attention: Being confused annoys me.

Post Merge

I just looked at a bunch of other Cartoon Network cartoons that're on Netflix Instant Watch and it's the same pattern. They all start on the 2nd or 3rd season, and they only have one or two seasons, three if you're lucky. It's gotta be a Cartoon Network thing, which sucks because they even did it to Samurai Jack and Codename: Kids Next Door, which actually have overarching plots. (As far as I can remember, anyway)

*Flips Cartoon Network*

If I'm correct they get a contract with Cartoon Network which determines what they can and can't show. I've heard that Cartoon Network doesn't even like showing their shows on their own website without you telling them what type of cable you have then they allow you to watch them if you have their network on your cable package. I dunno I think they have something against tv streaming services such as netflix. It's the same with Adventure Time and Regular Show as well on netflix which is really annoying.  :c  I've heard rumors MLP may switch to Cartoon Network or Nicktoons for season 6 if we get one on Equestria Daily. But thankfully Hasbro still has control over where they can show it since they own the franchise.

Dark Hooves

having two days off from work, then having to go to work today, i enjoy spending time with my fiancé too much and I hate my job
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

MrEmu

Spoiler: This light, seeps into my eyes, and shows me many wonders and worlds beyond the stars. • show
[quote author=Midnight Breeze link=topic=2523.msg855203#msg855203 date=1411019613]

[/quote]
Heh, I had to put that reference there...great song... X3

Aaaaannnnyyway...
This is VERY true! So many games try to make realistic lighting and sadly they do not make it realistic at all!
I mean...MineCraft's lighting is the ''gas lighting'' as you could call it...but they don't brag about they're lighting at all...
Then I look at one of those new PS4 games and they don't have very good lighting...it's ''gas lighting'' which is fine as long as you don't claim it's photo realistic, sadly many of these people claim it's photo realistic...though some games do get it well...I'v seen quite a few in fact. X3

Basically all in all.
Gas lighting isn't realistic, but fine as long as you don't claim it's realistic.

I hate most cover release games for the PS(whatever), They're always big, flashy graphics with the gameplay depth of pong.
I don't even bother with Xbox or Play Station anymore because all their games after release don't appeal to me.
I won't insult those though, just simply not my style...
But they're always either FPS, Sports games, or Racing games, and VERY RARELY a very violent Medieval free roam fantasy game.

I just stick with Nintendo...but once again...just my personal opinion... :/

Wow, lots of things annoy me today...
Well here's another one.

I hate it when you have a very stressful, bad, awful day...just to know tomorrow will be worse because of something you'll be doing that makes it worse...

I just want to sit and here sip my tea quietly, and talk to my friends. >.<
Is that 'okay' life? no? Guess not... :(

Dark Hooves

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 18, 10:26:02
Wow, lots of things annoy me today...
Well here's another one.

I hate it when you have a very stressful, bad, awful day...just to know tomorrow will be worse because of something you'll be doing that makes it worse...

I just want to sit and here sip my tea quietly, and talk to my friends. >.<
Is that 'okay' life? no? Guess not... :(

I know the feeling, it gets worse when some people cannot leave "well enough" alone
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

PrincessButton

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 18, 00:30:26
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 18, 00:27:06
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 17, 14:39:16
Ugh, I feel sick 24/7 now adays...if I ingest anything (Water included) it gets much worse!
I feel like it's a struggle to simply live, I don't even have a job or bills to pay or anything, just living without that stress is stressful enough...

So, when you ingest something and feel sick, are you puking it up, or...? o.O
'Cause my mom had a problem once where anything she ate or drank ended up being vomited back up, and it turned out that her stomach was paralyzed and wouldn't digest anything. Everything she ate or drank just sat there until her body purged it from her. She had to get medication for it to get her stomach to eventually start working properly again.

I'm just saying, if that, or something similar, is what's happening to you, you'll definitely need a doctor's help.
I don't puke it up, It's only been bad enough that I was actually wrenching twice.
But it still ruins a who lotta fun. :x
I think I'm in the same boat as you MrEmu. >o< I have been having the same issue for months now.  :c
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

dr.induction

Everything I do lately is ****, Its getting old.  Finding it hard to come up with reasons to keep going, maybe cuz I have none  ^-^

GreenTab

That thing about the light... now i can't play any game without noticing the fail  DD:

Also i hate being a doormat, unable to speak if something bother me, good thing i found this thread to spit it out

DawnsEmbrace

Things are about to change.

Pretty soon, I'm going to go back to cracking down on long forgotten schoolwork.
I'm going to go back to hating said schoolwork.
I'm going to go back to my old moods, the horribly negative ones.
Those moods will undoubtedly be seen by my friends, and those friends will be affected by me.
And when that happens, I'll feel guilty about it, and start to pull away to save them from my negativity.

Why can I envision it all so clearly?
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Any and all use of the word "guesstimate".

MrEmu

Heh, Even Sweet Brew has his darker moments... X3

Spoiler: A looooong rant... • show
I feel like a broken toy life so gleefully slaps around and torments just for laughs.
It loves to watch as I try to make my way to the good things, and then just as I get them for 2 seconds it slaps them away.

Because of my situation and things I can't help I'm the ''boring'' person because...
My internet's too slow...
My character's too low level...
I have a infection making me unable to walk for a month...

I'M the one who suffers because I don't have the fun things in life, so I must be the boring guy...
So my friends leave me in the dust only to come back to say 'Hi' and leave again as life teasingly waves them in my face just out of reach.

I give everything even though I have nothing to give, it's not worth a lot in value, but it's worth a lot in heart. But others judge by value and think lowly of me, they'd rather hang out with the 'fun' guys and gals in life.

Pipkin

It's 4°C tonight.....which means the apartment's water baseboard heaters have turned on, yay?

Nope, apparently it's leaking behind the wall.  Did I mention i'm an excessively light sleeper?

GoldenTerrabyte

evrytiem i crie it is dum and anoys me
I'm back

Ramisha

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 19, 03:21:11
evrytiem i crie it is dum and anoys me

don u meen i cri evrytiem

Little Star

I keep getting so exhausted from all the social interaction at school.
It's really been effecting my behavior at home/ online..

I'm sorry Pipkin, Guitar, Ludvic, Cecil and Crab. I keep joining and leaving the group calls...
It's just... Hard. It's hard to be around people all the time. It's painful.

I'm sorry..
I feel like a terrible friend.  DD:  D:

MrEmu

You know when you feel real crappy...
Then you go to bed thinking "Well, tomorrow I'll get over it, I'll feel better, just need a good nights sleep is all!"
You wake up the next day...Nothing changed. :(

Chishio Kunrin

I keep being so tiiiired. :c

And it kinda annoys me that I always need something to drink while I'm eating, just in case.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Nuserame

There I was, starting a day with lovely weather and no problems in sight.

Next thing I know I got 3 months to find a new job.

And now here I am, smiling people enjoying the lovely weather everywhere, while I just want to see stuff burn...
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Go Up