Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Now I'm sad because I'm moving away and my haircutter is sad that we're leaving. He's really fun to talk to...
I'm back

MrEmu

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 15, 19:38:36
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 15, 16:28:02
I have no idea why, but my body is only letting me get 6 hours of sleep...
After 6 hours I wake up and can't fall back asleep... :'(

6 hours is sufficient for optimal health. Don't sweat it.

Correction: 6-8 hours is optimal for ADULTS. If you're under 17 then you do need more. Babies and toddlers need 12+, children need 9-10, teenagers need 7-9.

Also, fun fact: More is not better. Getting too much sleep is worse than not getting enough.
Well, I usually get 9 hours of sleep, but even then I don't feel rested...I NEVER feel rested after any amount of sleep because I worry myself to death about the stupidest thing, and some not so stupid things...but yeah, either my insomnia's so bad my body forces me to pull a few all nighters, or I'm dead tired, never just normal... :s

This may not be a 'dumb' thing that annoys me...maybe more of a 'serious' thing that worries me...
But gosh darn it! I might be getting diabetes! I'm too young to have my life ruined with that... :'(

DawnsEmbrace

Apparently, I don't know who I am.

According to my mother, that is.

See, my mother recently found a personality test of sorts, built to put someone into a group with others of their personality type.
Now this sounded pretty cool at first, so I agreed to take the test.  By the time I finished, the test told that I was a kind person, caring and empathetic.  The kind of person who would give someone a cookie when they're sad, or a hug and kind words.

Sound familiar?
It does to me, but apparently not to my mother.

TL;DR, when someone tries to tell me that I'm something I'm not.
<br />

Randam Saiko

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Sep 16, 16:57:06

Or thinks you're something (usually a stereotype) based off your interests. I enjoy horror and dark content, but I'm not goth. Just because I watch X or play Y, doesn't mean I have posters of it hung on every inch of my wall.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Sep 16, 17:41:48

Or thinks you're something (usually a stereotype) based off your interests. I enjoy horror and dark content, but I'm not goth. Just because I watch X or play Y, doesn't mean I have posters of it hung on every inch of my wall.

Tell me about it.
Just because I happen to like Anime and the Japanese language doesn't mean I'm obsessed.
Just because I happen to like technicolor cartoon ponies doesn't mean I'm - (Insert LoE rule breaking insult here)
Just because I happen to write and enjoy poetry/like the way fedoras look doesn't mean I'm a hipster.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Sep 16, 03:51:50
I'm feeling uneasy without a reason to...

Well, I do have a reason but it's more like a hunch really. I don't have anything to base my feelings on and yet there they are. Should I be worried? Maybe, maybe not... I don't know... :s

You should be worried about your psychiatric state moreso than whatever you are angsting over. It's not normal or healthy to dwell on things that might happen, especially when you have no reason to believe they will. That sounds like unresolved anxiety issues, which can be a serious and debilitating problem if you leave it untreated.

cloudwilk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 16, 18:39:17

Well, I do have a reason but it's more like a hunch really. I don't have anything to base my feelings on and yet there they are. Should I be worried? Maybe, maybe not... I don't know... :s

You should be worried about your psychiatric state moreso than whatever you are angsting over. It's not normal or healthy to dwell on things that might happen, especially when you have no reason to believe they will. That sounds like unresolved anxiety issues, which can be a serious and debilitating problem if you leave it untreated.

I wouldn't say its abnormal, though. It happens with a lot of people but if it's uncomfortable (obviously) its always best to try to fix it.

I just took an online quiz that said I was a complete narcissist. =w= These things are just for amusement, especially when the answers feel so off anyway. I do get annoyed when people take them seriously.

But weirder yet, I'm annoyed when the toilet lid is up. I don't know why, really. It makes me feel like all the germs in the toilet are just floating around all over the place. Like mentally I see these little fiends flowing out of the bowl. Plus, I'm getting annoyed because (I assume?) My eyes are having these floaters where it looks like there's a bug in the corner of my eye but when I look its nothing. That's annoying -.-

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

GoldenTerrabyte

Especially in your case. Horror. My Little Pony. POLAR OPPOSITES.
I'm back

Randam Saiko

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Sep 16, 19:41:57

Especially in your case. Horror. My Little Pony. POLAR OPPOSITES.

I can't tell you how many times people assume I'm trolling when they find out I like MLP.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 16, 18:39:17

All I can really say is... It's complicated. I was being vague on purpose. Thankfully though, it turns out I had nothing to worry about... X3
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Apparently, I don't know who I am.

According to my mother, that is.

See, my mother recently found a personality test of sorts, built to put someone into a group with others of their personality type.
Now this sounded pretty cool at first, so I agreed to take the test.  By the time I finished, the test told that I was a kind person, caring and empathetic.  The kind of person who would give someone a cookie when they're sad, or a hug and kind words.

Sound familiar?
It does to me, but apparently not to my mother.

Or when someone tries to tell me how I feel.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Greyscaleisme

When it's your first time writing a easy and you have no clue how.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Chromastone64

Last night I was trying to sleep.
Then some black and BIG with eight legs crawls up my wall from under my bed.
I get my bro to get a vacuum to suck it up.
He stomps into my room, shaking it of my wall, making it fall under my bed again.
I take my blanket, and go sleep downstairs on the settee (sofa) all night.
I now have collage.  :x
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

How we have to learn 40 acids' names and formulas and salt names in 10 days D: that's just a bit too much. I can't remember all of that

MrEmu

I know how this is, I worry about the stupidest things, then it turns out fine and instead of learning from that I go on and worry about the next silly thing!

I'd be staying up at night unable to sleep due to worrying about that mouse trap in out kitchen if it wasn't for a good friend slappin' some sense into me! lol

What annoys me is when you ''wake up'' but can barely pull yourself out of bad due to bad sleep...
Thankfully I'll be getting better sleep due to a friend's recommendation, but that has ANOTHER problem to it...but thankfully a much smaller on...heh

I now gotta admit to my one friend that they're right about apple cider vinegar and ask them for some...lol
But that's worth good sleep. X3

Chromastone64

Wow, second post here today from me.
Just after I made my last post, me and my mum went to her car to go to college.
When we got there, we found someone had dragged a key along it to deliberately scratch it. DEEPLY.
>:( >:( >:(
She had parked perfectly fine, and apparently this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened recently; apparently someone put grease on one of our neighbor's car door handles.
And here I was, thinking that my area was a nice peaceful area...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Ramisha

I didn't drink water all day now I can't stop drinking it  >:O arghh! I can't drink too much but I have to because my mouth feels like a desert.

MrEmu

2014 Sep 17, 14:39:16 #14117 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 17, 18:55:30 by MrEmu
I get hurt for being alone...
Then I know it's a stupid reason to be hurt, my friends have lives besides me...
I feel bad for being hurt for a stupid reason, my friends have done no wrong...
I take it out on myself, which makes me sad...
When I'm sad, I want to talk to my friends...
My friends are off on their lives, I am alone...
Repeat.
ono

Ugh, I feel sick 24/7 now adays...if I ingest anything (Water included) it gets much worse!
I feel like it's a struggle to simply live, I don't even have a job or bills to pay or anything, just living without that stress is stressful enough...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 17, 14:39:16
Ugh, I feel sick 24/7 now adays...if I ingest anything (Water included) it gets much worse!
I feel like it's a struggle to simply live, I don't even have a job or bills to pay or anything, just living without that stress is stressful enough...

So, when you ingest something and feel sick, are you puking it up, or...? o.O
'Cause my mom had a problem once where anything she ate or drank ended up being vomited back up, and it turned out that her stomach was paralyzed and wouldn't digest anything. Everything she ate or drank just sat there until her body purged it from her. She had to get medication for it to get her stomach to eventually start working properly again.

I'm just saying, if that, or something similar, is what's happening to you, you'll definitely need a doctor's help.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

MrEmu

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Sep 18, 00:27:06
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 17, 14:39:16

So, when you ingest something and feel sick, are you puking it up, or...? o.O
'Cause my mom had a problem once where anything she ate or drank ended up being vomited back up, and it turned out that her stomach was paralyzed and wouldn't digest anything. Everything she ate or drank just sat there until her body purged it from her. She had to get medication for it to get her stomach to eventually start working properly again.

I'm just saying, if that, or something similar, is what's happening to you, you'll definitely need a doctor's help.
I don't puke it up, It's only been bad enough that I was actually wrenching twice.
But it still ruins a who lotta fun. :x

Go Up