Bronies have made their way to the military!

Started by ShadowHeart, 2012 Jul 19, 02:22:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

The amount of equations you have to do while being a marksman is crazy, it's not like Halo since you have to take into affect wind, weather, and other forces.

Chishio Kunrin

I have terrible aim. >:/ Absolutely terrible. And I don't like loud noise. I don't really like guns. And I have such terrible eyesight without my glasses that I only have about a foot radius of clear vision. I'd be awful in the military.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lary

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 22, 23:07:31
Spoiler: show
  lol

I greatly respect the military, and I badmouth high powerlevel bronies at every opportunity.

So, naturally, I'm at an impass.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

hyper drive [HD]

military is all i know
its is my heart and soul
my cat to a mouse
i have trained for the moment since i was 6 and ive been awaiting ever since
i will have the greatest respect when the rain stops. when i feel the blood pumping through my heart. when im strong and ready

when i am a marine

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 23, 07:12:35
The amount of equations you have to do while being a marksman is crazy, it's not like Halo since you have to take into affect wind, weather, and other forces.

Indeed. Wind, bullet drop, distance, height from target, rifle specifications etc etc.

It's a lot more than just firing a gun at HVT's though. It's also a lot about reconnaissance and providing intelligence to your squad.
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

Thunder Jet

"This is Ranger 2-3. We need air support at grid Alpha, Gulf, Foxtrot." Your also going to need to work the radio as well. You manage to make a mistake...

HerpyDooves

I have more evidence for my mom that the Brony community is huge.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Thunder Jet on 2012 Jul 23, 12:55:10
"This is Ranger 2-3. We need air support at grid Alpha, Gulf, Foxtrot." Your also going to need to work the radio as well. You manage to make a mistake...

...and you/friendlies go boom.

But yeah, it'a very tough job. But it's the one that really attracts me the most.

RainbowTank

Going to be joining the canadian army when im 18. brony for life!

Ninkon

"You think you're a big nerd, then you see somebody else and you realise: You're not even close"
That's what my dad had to say on the subject.
Call me a coward but personally I don't want to have to deal with hash from expressing my love for MLP, I'm content with just liking the show with me and the internet. I realise people really enjoy the show and I think it's a fantastic way to fight gender/age stereotyping. Sometimes one can just go too far. (Not that this is)

_____Cedar Woods____________Chilly Breeze_____________Bronze Kettle_____
http://forum.legendsofequestr

Lord of Madness

1.) I'm already going thru the steps to join the military.
2.) I have a very eccentric brony friend in it.

hyper drive [HD]

stay in it a couple years and you might see me ^-^

Lord of Madness

well that sounds nice... more or less  :P

ShadowHeart

lol i would suck at being a stealth person in the military. My friend and I pair up in laser tag and watch eachothers backs and my friend will try to be stealthy as I walk around going, "This is so cool!" and my friend is like 'get down!!'

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Zygrograxgra

I'd never be able to have any practical/front line job in the military.
My reaction times are too slow, I'm far too slow of a learner, I'm severely right dominant, I have a minor learning disability, I'm horribly weak, I procrastinate like crazy, I'm prone to being rebellious when I don't respect someone, far too emotional...
Something tells me that frontline work would make me snap.
I wouldn't be able to stand a desk job either, I need to be able to do stuff, move about, jitter, stuff like that.
:V

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 26, 15:21:50
I'd never be able to have any practical/front line job in the military.
My reaction times are too slow, I'm far too slow of a learner, I'm severely right dominant, I have a minor learning disability, I'm horribly weak, I procrastinate like crazy, I'm prone to being rebellious when I don't respect someone, far too emotional...
Something tells me that frontline work would make me snap.
I wouldn't be able to stand a desk job either, I need to be able to do stuff, move about, jitter, stuff like that.
:V

It didn't stop some people to achieve what they wanted. Sometimes through willpower alone. Go get 'em!

Go Up