Applejack, most under appreciated pony?

Started by Atomic Vortex, 2012 May 25, 16:06:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Atomic Vortex

Hey guys!

Now let me start of by saying, I. Love. Applejack. And honestly, I think she's been the least developed character! What's up with that?! >:(
I shall now leave it open to discussion. B)
My life mottoes:
"Never stop. Keep going until it's either done or becomes impossible."
"Determination is the source of everything. Without it we would lose the will to evolve and be the best we can be."

Rad Thunder

I think so. Well she's my 2nd fav next to Fluttershy.
Probably cause I'm from the country myself. :]

sonyablademaster

I'm more like Applejack and I wish there are more eps with her in it and I'm also from a farm town

PrincessButton

o_o AJ is my third favorite! Second if I don't include myself.  X3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Zygrograxgra

She's my least favorite of the mane six, mostly because I'm not really all that like her.
She needs maor development though, I can boil her down to this.
Work hard, Love family and friends, be honest, compete.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

PrincessButton

You don't have to be like somepony to like them as a pony. I think she's cute and a clever character. She may not be as complex as the others but she adds to the story.  :)
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

SOWTOJ

I think she's one of the more developed characters of the mane six, second most next to Twilight. But it might be because she's fairly simple. A hard working farm girl who is a really great friend. It's hard to make that a little more interesting. Sadly, of the mane 6, she's in the least favourite of mine. And it is no fault of her own, it's just that I dig all of the other characters much more. Yet she's still awesome, still completely adorable at times. She also brings in a strong element of family to the show, seeing as none of the other 6 really have any family around at all.

videogamehunter

Even though I don't care for AppleJack that much but I do agree there not enough episodes of her. I hope she get more episodes in season 3.

Soft Fang

She has her charms, but yeah, i think she didn't 'grow' that much in season 2. But then again, she IS a simple farm girl, so not much growth is needed.

I will be happy if she gets a song in season 3, though....

snarfgsnor

well i think shes "under appreciated" is becuase she dosent have an personality that stands out like the others do. like rarity beign whiney and bossy etc, RD beign the... well kinda akward and always wants to be "cool". pinky pie the energetic one. etc etc. and AJ shes not that special atleast in my opinion. but she is great and all!

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Chishio Kunrin

Let's see, she got one episode in season 1. She got two in season 2, BUT... in the cider one, she sorta shared it with Dashie's subplot of "I'm never able to get any cider." In The Last Roundup, she was overshadowed by Derpy having lines and Pinkie going demonic.
That's not very fair at all.

Also, has anyone else here noticed Applejack and Dashie seem like they switched elements before the series premier?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

lurk852

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 25, 20:18:17
Also, has anyone else here noticed Applejack and Dashie seem like they switched elements before the series premier?

Yeah... that was a running gag in the third episode of Friendship is Witchcraft. It'd be awesome if the third season had an episode where they discovered they had been using the wrong elements for the past two seasons.

(yes I know that's not happening)
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 May 25, 20:52:48
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 May 25, 20:18:17

Yeah... that was a running gag in the third episode of Friendship is Witchcraft. It'd be awesome if the third season had an episode where they discovered they had been using the wrong elements for the past two seasons.

(yes I know that's not happening)

I figured it out before I watched Friendship is Witchcraft, which made me love episode 3 even more. :3

Yeah.. I'd love, love, love it if they did make an episode like that. The only thing is, this would mess up a little bit of the underlying stuff from the episode that showed how they got their cutiemarks, since Rainbow Dash achieved hers while being loyal to Fluttershy, and Applejack achieved hers when she stopped pretending to be something she's not and was truthful about who she really is - an Apple, not an Orange. I guess it could change to Applejack being loyal to the farm and her siblings and grandma, but what about Dash's?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Des Monty

Iodine

Book Smarts

Rarity is the most under appreciated pony in the show, the fanbase sees her as whiny and annoying, but I find this to be untrue  *-*

Blues-Music

Actually booksmarts lately the fanbase have taken a turn to rarity liking her more than fluttershy some people like the others ,but now people think rarity is a gentle nice pony.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 May 26, 01:34:22
Actually booksmarts lately the fanbase have taken a turn to rarity liking her more than fluttershy some people like the others ,but now people think rarity is a gentle nice pony.

SOWTOJ

I use to hate Rarity until the Art of the Dress episode. Then she grew on me over time until season 2 where she became really funny.

Little Judas

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 May 26, 01:39:21
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 May 26, 01:34:22

Spoiler: show

And once again other ponies try to overshadow something about Applejack.

Anyway, although she doesn't have much episodes solely about her, whenever the episode revolves around multiple of the mane 6.
She plays a more important role than others, even if it's just subtle. Like in Bridle Gossip, she head more on her mind than her own tiny
problem but also the "protection" of Apple Bloom, if that episode was aired after Lesson Zero she should have written a letter of her own.
She is also a pony that takes action and keeps the rest in line.
So we can conclude that her part in the show is subtle but almost always present.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Go Up