Batpony headcanons?

Started by NightWish, 2014 Aug 31, 14:17:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NightWish

2014 Aug 31, 14:17:51 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 31, 14:32:24 by NightWish
I have a batpony OC, and I have several headcanons for the species. But I'm also interested in anyone else's, so feel free to add more!

As for me, this is my headcanon on their origins.
Spoiler: show
The batpony race is a holdover from the days of Luna's rebellion. Luna managed to win some followers to her cause, by convincing them that Celestia is feeding the population lies and propoganda.(Yes, they were the New Lunar Republic and Celestia's faction was the Solar Empire, though these terms have since been rendered obsolete by all but the most close-minded of ponies.)

She used her corrupted magic to turn them into a new race, the bat ponies, in order to have an advantage during the night time, when Celestia and her followers are more vulnerable. Even though this gave her a similar handicap, they were still better off, as now their leader could organize them during the same time as they were awake, whereas before she would be asleep during the day while they, being normal ponies, would be asleep during the night. The spell she cast to create the bat ponies was permanent however, and led to a new race being born. The bat ponies nowadays have no ill will towards Celestia at all; after all, it's been a thousand years of peace while Celestia was ruling. Though they still serve the Princess of the Night due to them being able to protect her during the night time, as their original role was meant to be.

Post Merge

Also, if you're interested in my OC, here's some more pictures of her! I'm practicing drawing ponies so I can open an ask blog for her.
Spoiler: show

[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Tiger

I like to think of them as another race from a different part of Equestria/a different part of their planet. Perhaps only a few of them migrated, explaining why there are so few of them in the show, and the most suitable job for them to get would be as Luna's guards, being nocturnal and all. Come to think of it, they wouldn't be able to have any other job apart from night shifts because of their nocturnal-ism.

I mean, we've seen Saddle Arabian 'ponies' that completely look likr horses. There might be all kinds of races of ponies out there.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

NightWish

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Aug 31, 20:25:45
I like to think of them as another race from a different part of Equestria/a different part of their planet. Perhaps only a few of them migrated, explaining why there are so few of them in the show, and the most suitable job for them to get would be as Luna's guards, being nocturnal and all. Come to think of it, they wouldn't be able to have any other job apart from night shifts because of their nocturnal-ism.

I mean, we've seen Saddle Arabian 'ponies' that completely look likr horses. There might be all kinds of races of ponies out there.

I doubt that they'd come from a different part of Equestria. Crystal ponies are like that, but I've never seen one in the locality of the series. Though I guess it *could* happen. Besides, you could possibly use Moonstuck as your headcanon and say they came from the moon.

...You know, if my headcanon ever sinks, I might use that.
[move][/move]
Haters gonna hate.

Jusey1

I also have a bat pony OC but first thing first...

In my headcanon, bat ponies are the ones we've seen during Luna Eclipsed (the two we saw pulling Luna's carriage thing).

I do NOT and will NEVER count "Flutterbat" as a bat pony because she wasn't one. She was a pegasus whom became a magical abomination temporally via Twilight Sparkle's magic (accidentally). So ANY OCs based on Flutterbat is, in my mind, abominations... Not bat ponies.

Now as for bat ponies themselves? I follow what we had gathered from the writers (and Lauren Faust herself made a comment). Something along the lines that they live in caves, tend to have their own society/home, but are willing to help out with Equestria's nightlife (including dream magic, maybe?) and being Luna's guards.

My own OC though is a bit different. I went with the idea that he was born with a pegasus-related talent, not one of a bat pony. Which caused him to be unaccepted in his home and due to bat ponies being rare in Equestria, he isn't very accepted by the other pony races (though not 'hated' or 'exiled').

Snow Crystals

So  bat ponies  are there going to make a bat pony comic book Or did they already made one?

Go Up