Alt Canterlot Stained Glass

Started by Chubby Darkstar, 2014 May 01, 17:08:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chubby Darkstar

From the MLP #18 comic

Andy Price is one amazing artist I think.

Chishio Kunrin

In alternate universe pony related news, ponified versions of the Lutece twins from Bioshock Infinite were spotted in the background in the episode Trade Ya. ovO

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zhai

haha wow i love that alternate characters! thinking about an humild trixie makes me smile, its silly :3

i did not read any MLP comic, are they canon?
Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Chubby Darkstar

Quote from: Zhai on 2014 May 02, 00:27:31

Well that's open for debate, they are official comics both FIM and Friends Forever are licensed by Hasbro. But the show does not follow the comics.

My opinion is yes it's completely cannon but that's me. Nightmare Rarity was part of the comics to.

Zhai

oh thanks for the info!
im willing to read them :3

AaronMk

Quote from: Zhai on 2014 May 02, 00:27:31
haha wow i love that alternate characters! thinking about an humild trixie makes me smile, its silly :3

The guys that write the comics have came out to say that though they are writing in the same universe, they recognize that the stories between the comics and the show may - or ultimately will - conflict and they're OK with that. The place the show higher up in the canonical pecking order and the show can and may write out - or over - anything in the comics.

So the comics are only canon in so far as to fill anything that show has not touched or in the event any adventures to do conflict with show canon. But in that, they're probably as strong as any headcanon between fans. The only difference is they're officially licensed to market their comics.

But Andy Price is a magnificent beast, almost as much as MA Larsen.

Spoiler: show

#DeposeGothsFromRomanClay

Zhai

oooh i get it perfectly! thanks! :3
that canonical priority is the same than star wars canon chart, where the movies are in a higher priority than extended universe (novels, videogames, cartoons etc)

but i think last week they changed the rules because of the new movies and now extended universe is 100% non-canon. not sure

Go Up